Battlefield 3
Nov 10, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #47 of 106
Have you tried hardcore?  I jumped to that and it's a little better.  Not by much but I kill people a lot faster with a shoty than in the normal matches.  

Quote:
I'm quite disappointed in the devs (EA/DICE)....so many problems with the game, and BF3 is now more like COD than ever before....

Why they did this is beyond me.

Here are some notes i did - as I'm going to make a video:

-5 star vet:
1. BF2142 (NS)
2. BC1
3. BF 1943
4. BC2 (vietnam)
5. BF3

(maxed out on 4/5 of them: Max rank on MP - obviously not BF3)

-GFX nice, but glitchy (can be patched)
-Destruction isn’t good, frostbite 2 engine sucks
-Game is much faster passed than any other BF game I’ve ever played, I don’t want to camp, neither do I want to run and gun, I want my BF game back
-Maps either too small or too big (consoles) can’t comment on PC
-Disabling vehicles is a good idea, and I like it, but why is it I never get the kills then – noone stays in the tank/jet/chopper, which means I don’t get a kill, just a lowsy 100 points for disabling the mofo
-Already getting bored of it, all other games I wasn’t bored of, this I now am
-Problems with servers, and general gameplay – I shoot someone point blank with a shotgun, sniper and they don’t die – how is that realism?
-Spawn system is flawed – I spawn and 2 guys are in front of me…How is that fair on either party
-Knifing system is flawed

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #48 of 106

Quote:
Have you tried hardcore?  I jumped to that and it's a little better.  Not by much but I kill people a lot faster with a shoty than in the normal matches.  

BF is all about teamwork - with HC i always found that teamwork goes out the window - its nice, but I didn't like, nor have i ever liked Hardcore (insert dirty word here haha)

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #49 of 106
lol...I tried it out because of the same reason but I team up with some friends and we jam team work.  If I go alone and play team work isn't much of a priority like that.  It's better to play with friends.  Thats why I offered to team up with people.  Especially since my mic is coming in a couple of days.  Until then I just message...lol which is a pain.  

Quote:

BF is all about teamwork - with HC i always found that teamwork goes out the window - its nice, but I didn't like, nor have i ever liked Hardcore (insert dirty word here haha)

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #50 of 106

My review/complaints on the game

Nov 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #51 of 106
I really want to pick up this game, but I think I'll hold off, especially after watching your review, Totally Dubbed.  Great work!

Nov 11, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #52 of 106

Quote:
I really want to pick up this game, but I think I'll hold off, especially after watching your review, Totally Dubbed.  Great work!

No problem - although it still (by the looks of it) is the best FPS out there - but I preferred BC2...I just cba to go BACK to play it, rather play something new/different.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #54 of 106
My kill to death ratio on Battlefield 3 is 1 to 13. Sometimes I do better.

I'm embarrassed to say that I really suck at this game and my other team members probably wish I wasn't on their team.

That being said, this game is really fun and addictive. I think BF 3 would be better if they ranked people by their kill to death ratio and put them in games with equally skilled players.

Also, I owned MW3 but I traded it back in for credit because BF 3 was so much better.

Primarily the graphics on Battlefield 3 is about 100 times better!

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #56 of 106
Thanks for the tip, never tried changing the sensitivity on my controller.

Nov 18, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #57 of 106

Quote:
I absolutely LOVE the long sniping in this game. Getting a super long headshot with the bullet dipping is so satisfying

I hate being sniped lol... There's nothing at more annoying than being picked off out of the blue ... That's war though! :p 

Uber satisfying than catching a Sniper out with his guard down hehe 

The other thing that gets me... spawning and dying instantly...FFFUUUUUUUUU...... 

Totally loving the team work aspect.. I love jumping on teamspeak with my buds and having a nice spread of Assault, Heavy Gunners, Engineers and Medics. Talking strategy through helps to no end not to mention giving your buds the heads up on incoming threats. 

Nov 18, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #58 of 106
nice review totally dubbed! i must agree with almost everything ( at least when it comes to bf vs cod and technical comments)

what matters to me in a fps is how much fps (frame per sec) i can have on it. are the hitbox following the models in all situations? is the antilag ok? then i start going about gameplay, maps, and teamplay. i really don't give a screw* about how beautiful a game is. "wow so amazing, the explosions are so realistic, how can i turn them all off and get 120+fps ? " that's what i m looking for in a game.  clearly developers do not have the same idea of a good game.
i ve tried bf3 and i m not a big fan, i can't say if it's too much a cod like or not enough.  brink was a disaster, cod is ... well they still manage to sell big time for what i call patches or updates to the game. now they even sell maps OMG!!!!
 i m not a fan of bf series, but at the same time i ve been bored by all cods in around a month or less.(time to get to know all maps and then that's it! the game has nothing to give anymore)

you can go and have a bit of fun with team fortress2 not much but it s free at least, go for Q3/quakelive if you need to feel humble as skill and non human reflexes is just the tip of the iceberg. and else, i hate myself for simply thinking this ... out of the last fps being released, bf3 is probably the best ...
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #59 of 106
Thanks my man!

I'll be honest, I went and played BF BC2 yesterday - and wow, was that fun!
Yes, BF3 has some cool features, such as the health bar etc - but the core gameplay with BC2 was amazing - blowing up sh1t, knifing 2 guys in a row, without any stupid delay of any sort, shooting people with a neostead 2000 from distance, running (not for 10mins, unlike BF3) and getting objectives with my cousin. It was so fun, just a little boring, as there were not many players, and because I've already spent over 300hrs on it...lol

So I had something to eat, and then put BF3 in - as soon as I joined a game it ended - so i quit, tried joining another game, and AGAIN it put me in a game that finished...(i was already pissed off at this point), then came the gameplay...noob tubers (mortars) all over the place, being spawn killed, people running all over the place (like in COD) and most importantly, GFX glitching out with green and blue lines all over my screen. Just to add the icing on the f'ing cake: Flashlights and red lazers in my eyes, hurting them....

BF3 is such a CRAP game people don't realise it.
Yes its the "best" FPS out there atm, but it surely is NOT the best BF I have played - not in my history of BF games.
Even 1943, with "crappy" gfx, 3 maps, 3 classes was MUCH MUCH more fun and less annoying than this piece of sh1t.

I'm waiting for the DLC to come out - if again its disappointing - I'm selling BF3 to save me from breaking the disc in 2

BTW:
BF has never been a high FPS shooter with high F/ps - if you want that play COD - BF has always been a slower passed game (apart from BF3 that is - ie. COD, with vehicles)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back