Battlefield 3
Apr 16, 2011 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 106

oqvist

Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 17, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 106

Quote:
Battlefield is always much better than other shooters, especially Call Of Duty.

That statement couldn't be more true. I get in arguments with my peers about why Battlefield is a far superior FPS when compared to Call of Duty.

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #5 of 106
The only problem i have with BFBC3 is that on the latest update on BFBC2 is that the have a more zoomed in feel and i hate that and you run slower, you have to hold down the button to zoom in insted of clicking once that clicking twice to zoom back out, and i just was 10 levels away from being at level 50 and i dont play it anymore. If BFBC3 is like that i wont buy it.

Apr 17, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 106

Quote:
The only problem i have with BFBC3 is that on the latest update on BFBC2 is that the have a more zoomed in feel and i hate that and you run slower, you have to hold down the button to zoom in insted of clicking once that clicking twice to zoom back out, and i just was 10 levels away from being at level 50 and i dont play it anymore. If BFBC3 is like that i wont buy it.

This ain't CoD. And you're doing something wrong with the zoom.

Can't wait for Battlefield 3. Especially if we get a fully updated Strike at Karkland in full Frostbite 2 glory.

Apr 17, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 106
It isn´t bad company 3 either. It´s battlefield 3 quite different. There will surely be a consolized BC 3 though later on.
Sure realism won´t be at Armed Assault level though. I am more of a lonely wolf then a multiplayer guy though but I will get bf 3 just to check out the tech behind it.
Now that Crysis 2 won´t show us what todays computers can do I hope this PC title will :)

Apr 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #9 of 106
I'm looking forward this as my first FPS that I purchased was actually BF 1942 way back.  The trailers look amazing and I think it's fairly obvious at this point that BF is going to have a technical edge on whatever CoD comes out in November...
I do actually enjoy CoD too though -  I don't think the two are mutually exclusive because they're so different by nature.  I've logged more hours on MW2 than any other online FPS (didn't play COD4 though or any of the recent BFs extensively online), but that might also be because I have lots of friends to play it with so that definitely adds to the appeal factor.  Sometimes I find myself wishing that they would make a Battlefield game without all the tanks and jets and stuff, and just more pure infantry play, but with that great BF quality and feel - not that jets and stuff aren't awesome, I would just prefer more straightup gunplay sometimes.  Still most likely getting BF3 on release though, but gotta build that new rig first to handle it :p

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #10 of 106

Quote:
I'm looking forward this as my first FPS that I purchased was actually BF 1942 way back.  The trailers look amazing and I think it's fairly obvious at this point that BF is going to have a technical edge on whatever CoD comes out in November...
I do actually enjoy CoD too though -  I don't think the two are mutually exclusive because they're so different by nature.  I've logged more hours on MW2 than any other online FPS (didn't play COD4 though or any of the recent BFs extensively online), but that might also be because I have lots of friends to play it with so that definitely adds to the appeal factor.  Sometimes I find myself wishing that they would make a Battlefield game without all the tanks and jets and stuff, and just more pure infantry play, but with that great BF quality and feel - not that jets and stuff aren't awesome, I would just prefer more straightup gunplay sometimes.  Still most likely getting BF3 on release though, but gotta build that new rig first to handle it :p

1942 was the first game I ever played online way back when it came out, such an awesome game. I am one of those people that enjoys both CoD and BF, however after the disappointing games that followed cod4 I think I will finally give up on it, I doubt they'll ever match cod4 again.

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #11 of 106
The trailer looks amazing and I think I just might have to build a new rig to power this baby properly. That said, the game I play the most if Day of Defeat: Source. Old but very fun.

Apr 18, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #12 of 106

Quote:
The trailer looks amazing and I think I just might have to build a new rig to power this baby properly. That said, the game I play the most if Day of Defeat: Source. Old but very fun.

I play that at school for my Video Game Art and Design 2 class. I love that game! 

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #13 of 106

My jaw just dropped. This is truly next-gen gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back