Bassy IEM's with detachable cable for ~ £100
Feb 1, 2015 at 12:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Wizzard

New Head-Fier
Due to an extremely unfortunate fall, I managed to break one of the drivers on my Shure SE215's which have been very reliable for the past 2 or 3 years. While I can go out and get a replacement driver, it got me thinking that maybe it's worth upgrading to something slightly more serious. I enjoyed everything about the SE215 except for the cable and the lack of bass so it seems like a good place to start my search. The IEM's would be used daily so something very delicate is out of the question and that's also the reason why I want a detachable cable (if something goes wrong then it's a simple matter). They would need to have a bit more 'thump' and bass than the SE215's and be no more than £100 - 150 brand new (not interested in second hand). It's also preferable if they could be bought within the UK rather than waiting years for them to ship over. Would also prefer if they were over-the-ear design like Shure but that isn't the most important part.

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 11
IE80 is something that I feel I can only drool over. While I could probably save up a bit and get them, I would probably fear for their safety in being brought outside the house at that pricepoint so I guess it's my fault for being overly keen with my budget. On the other hand, I had never seen ATH IM70's (or IM50's) before and they look spot on. Good pricepoint, pretty flying reviews all-round however it seems that sourcing them in the UK is impossible (have to be imported from Japan or HK). If nothing more intriguing turns up then I would be pretty confident in getting the IM70/50's (haven't decided yet).

Any more ideas?

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 11
  IE80 is something that I feel I can only drool over. While I could probably save up a bit and get them, I would probably fear for their safety in being brought outside the house at that pricepoint so I guess it's my fault for being overly keen with my budget. On the other hand, I had never seen ATH IM70's (or IM50's) before and they look spot on. Good pricepoint, pretty flying reviews all-round however it seems that sourcing them in the UK is impossible (have to be imported from Japan or HK). If nothing more intriguing turns up then I would be pretty confident in getting the IM70/50's (haven't decided yet).

Any more ideas?

every person that owns a Im70 or im50 that doesnt live in japan had to get them imported.. i live in the usa and got an import. do imports scare you?

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 11
Just seen this thread so may be a little late but how about the Pioneer dje 1500? Dont have them myself but they seem pretty well received and are available in the UK for £120-140. Or a little less if you look on ebay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back