Bassy Headphones w/ Detachable Cable under $100
Nov 30, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #16 of 30

Quote:
I recently bought the SRH750DJ - still waiting to receive shipment. It's currently sold new through a seller on Amazon.com for $104 shipped - a very good price. I don't consider these headphones to be "sleek" or portable looking, but it is known for being efficient. I expect its bass to impress with additional amplification. But I have no idea how it would do from an iphone. 

Quote:
So general recommendations are srh750dj. Any others?

Yeah I've got mine coming too, should be here in the next week if not tomorrow. Doubt the bass will be punchier then the XB500's but I'm sure the texture will impress as well as the rest of frequencies.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #17 of 30
Even for only $50, I've yet to convince myself the XB500 would be worth a try - bass punch and all. One of us should start a SRH750DJ thread and compare it with other headphones.   

Quote:

Yeah I've got mine coming too, should be here in the next week if not tomorrow. Doubt the bass will be punchier then the XB500's but I'm sure the texture will impress as well as the rest of frequencies.

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 30

Quote:
Even for only $50, I've yet to convince myself the XB500 would be worth a try - bass punch and all. One of us should start a SRH750DJ thread and compare it with other headphones.   

Quote:

If uyou pay the shipping both ways I'll let you AB with them after my initial impressions. Mine have over 400 hours of personal use, I love those damn headphones, I paid $44 and got so much more then I could have expected.

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #20 of 30
Back from working out... I guess I should wait for your SRH750DJ vs XB500 comparison before considering a demo - and maybe read up more on the XB500. Thanks.  

Quote:
If uyou pay the shipping both ways I'll let you AB with them after my initial impressions. Mine have over 400 hours of personal use, I love those damn headphones, I paid $44 and got so much more then I could have expected.

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #21 of 30
Nevermind. I just placed an order for the xb700 and will compare them with the xb500. I want to see how the bass compares with a good 50+ hours of burn-in.

On that note...what do you all recommended as far as ripping songs from cds go format wise? I will be using iTunes to rip my colllection again.

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #23 of 30
Neither zx500 nor zx700 has detachable cable...

Dec 27, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #24 of 30
I wonder if OP chose any headphone already...
because otherwise the Equation RP15 would be perfect. ( I have those)

Or from what I've read, the RP21 have similar signature. plus they look pretty damn cool.

Dec 27, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #26 of 30
I'm gonna go ahead and STRONGLY recommend the V-moda crossfade LP.  They are the only phone that meets all of your criteria.  You may be a little disapointed with the bass creeping into other ranges, but its as good as you're gonna do for the money.  They can be had for 100ish new from 128headphones on ebay, and you can demo them in any apple store.  The high points are:

1.  Killer bass
2.  < 100$
3.  Detatchable cable
4.  Easily driven by ipod

Dec 2, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #27 of 30
I highly recommend these headphones. They have a detachable cable (comes with one long, thick cable and one shorter, thin portable cable), they have great bass, and they're only $50 on Amazon! >> http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-HP541-DJ-Style-Headphones-Black/dp/B002VWJY7U

I have had these for about 6 months and they have been very good to me. These headphones are very under-rated. Kicker is mainly a car audio company so they know how to make good bass. Please, do yourself a favor and check these out. 

Other people have said that you can find the Audio Technica ATH-M50s for <$100, If you're wanting to spend a little more I think you should probably go with those. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #29 of 30
You may want to check out JBL's line of headphones. I am pretty sure they all have detachable cables and they all have JBL PureBass performance for powerful low end sound. The J55 and J88 are both good choices at around $80-$150 respectively I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back