Basshead Portable Amp Advice (<$200; iphone4/sansa clip to DT770 pro80 / Monster Turbines)
Oct 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

used-2-rap-on-headphones

New Head-Fier
Hi head-fiers, looking for a little advice or general opinions on a portable amp. I've poured through the forums on this but there's quite a bit of differing opinions on sq, value, etc, for the amps in my price range so I figured I'd start a new thread and see what folks had to say.

So like the subject reads, looking for a portable amp that's heavy on the bass (I only listen to rap). My source will usually be an iphone4 w/LOD, paired with either Beyer DT770 Pro 80 or Monster Turbines.

Based on price it looks like my choices are:
CMOY
Icon Mobile
Fiio E7
T3
D2+ Boa

I'd like it to have a built in DAC for home use but it's not a deal breaker. Right now I'm leaning towards the E7. I've had a fiio e5 in the past and really like the sound of it (until it stopped working) and would just go with another one if I didn't also have the 770's to drive (also interested in the e7/e9 for home use when the e9 drops this month). However, I've read that some people think the T3 is a big step up from the E7 (for not much more money). But then I might as well go with the D2+ if I can afford that, right? 

Anyway, like I mentioned before, just looking for any advice or impressions from others who've used these amps or headphones.

Peace,
U2ROHP

Oct 23, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back