Bass impact compared to beats by dre
Aug 15, 2011 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jasperhiga

New Head-Fier

Hi so this is one of my first purchases so im not an audiophile yet but i have read alot of reviews and my music tastes are rap, hip hop, and house. i do realize the quality of the lows the mids and the highs of the ath-m50 are better compared to the beats by dr dre, but are the impact less than the dre's? Also what other headphones would you recommend i should get if i had ~$150 budget and looking for good bass. I was thinking maybe the Ultrasone HFI-580 or maybe even the sony mdr xb500 but the xb500 dont have great mids or highs.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:

Hi so this is one of my first purchases so im not an audiophile yet but i have read alot of reviews and my music tastes are rap, hip hop, and house. i do realize the quality of the lows the mids and the highs of the ath-m50 are better compared to the beats by dr dre, but are the impact less than the dre's? Also what other headphones would you recommend i should get if i had ~$150 budget and looking for good bass. I was thinking maybe the Ultrasone HFI-580 or maybe even the sony mdr xb500 but the xb500 dont have great mids or highs.

Maybe the Xb700?

Aug 16, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 3
XB700 has less bass impact than XB500 though. I think XB500 sounds really great if you EQ them a little. They are among the headphones that respond the best to EQing, the quality is there, it's just a bit unbalanced. I still prefer XB500 and I've tried headphones such as Denon D1100, ATH-M50, Beyer DT770 Pro and XB700 and I tend to EQ all my headphones for the best possible result using a high quality EQ and so far I've liked the XB500 the most and I listen to all kinds of genres not just bass centered music but my favorite genre is hardstyle for the moment though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back