Bass IEMs
Mar 3, 2013 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SDee

New Head-Fier
Got 50$ to spend on Bass-oriented IEMS
currently have the M9Ps and Klipsch X10s 

love them both (for the money) but looking for something that is bass oriented (not boomy bass though) and preferably something durable, I want the Bass to be noticeably better than the X10s otherwise am sticking with them 

what do you suggest? any good deals around?

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 11
You should try checking out Jokers thread on IEMs.  Very helpful as he has reviewed a lot of IEMs of different price ranges.  It can help you choose a IEM that your looking for.  

http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-273-iems-compared-vsonic-vc02-added-02-24-13-p-641

Hippo Boom can be what your looking for and only costs roughly $43.  

Good luck.  

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #4 of 11
I personally don't believe you'll get better bass than the X10 for $50, you'll get more bass but boomy bass IMO.

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 11
He seems to be looking for a more refined bass.  I think joker said the Hippo VB was pretty good without being too boomy.  I haven't tried that IEM but I do enjoy the MG7's, enjoyed the JVC FZX200, the Sen IE8, SM3v1 and soon the ATH CKS1000.  But most of these are above the $50 thresh hold the TS wants to spend.  

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 11
Not sure for the $50 price range, but the Monster DNA buds have plenty of bass without going all "beats" everywhere.  They sound pretty good.  The mids and highs are pretty well defined, but subdued.  However, not subdued enough to be annoying.  Very fun buds.  Not audiophile by any means, but durable, sound good, and great on the go. 

I don't have enough experience with in-ears yet to be completely sure about any in that price range, but I'm sure you can find something much better than what I'm suggesting for the price once a few more members chime in.  I listen to a set of UE900's quite a bit at home and take the DNA's, or UE600's while I'm out and about and don't find the DNA's to be horribly bad in any particular area, good for mobile buds IMO.

Sorry I couldn't help a bit more. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:
Got 50$ to spend on Bass-oriented IEMS
currently have the M9Ps and Klipsch X10s 

love them both (for the money) but looking for something that is bass oriented (not boomy bass though) and preferably something durable, I want the Bass to be noticeably better than the X10s otherwise am sticking with them 

what do you suggest? any good deals around?

There are not many IEM's below $50 that are either bassier than X10, or has controlled bass - the best one I can think of is Brainwavz R1, which will give you a good sub-bass

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #9 of 11
Have a look at the VSonic GR02 BE. You can read my review here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/640788/40-iem-battle-royale-rha-ma-350-added-3-1-13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back