Bass comparision of ATH-m50 and Ultrasone HFI 680 and PRO 650 ?
May 26, 2011 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

navidkasem

New Head-Fier
I currently own a pair of ATH-m50 and i like the quality of bass but dont feel that they have enough power in them. I listen to songs on my ipod with a Fiio E5. I like my songs to have a lot of bass, and bass wise I thought that the MDRXB500 has the perfect amount of bass for me, but unfortunately those headphones are huge and are not suitable to wear outside esp during summer. I have been looking at Ultrasone HFI 680 along with Pro 650 and was wondering how does the bass compare against both M50 and MDRXB500. Thanks

May 26, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 6
680's are Ultrasone's "balanced" headphone in the HFI lineup.  The 580's have the strongest bass.  They are punchier than the M50's but don't extend quite as deep but do handle EQing well (esp with an amp).  These are more in-line with the M50 sound than the XB500s. 

May 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #3 of 6
Honestly, I think the "Zo" is exactly what you are looking for.  It will give you the bass you want!!!  I was curious about the MDRXB500 and luckily we had it at our best buy to audition with my Zune.  The bass is definitely there but too muddy for my taste.  So I tried my Zune/Zo/m50 and could match the bass of the MDR with no problem.  Here is a great review and some experience others have had with the "Zo".  I like my m50 for the same reasons you have but sometimes I just need that extra oomph for fun and the "Zo" definitely brings that fun/kick. 

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/504037/mini-review-digizoid-zo-portable-subwoofer#post_6807164
Quote:
I currently own a pair of ATH-m50 and i like the quality of bass but dont feel that they have enough power in them. I like my songs to have a lot of bass, and bass wise I thought that the MDRXB500 has the perfect amount of bass for me

May 26, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
680's are Ultrasone's "balanced" headphone in the HFI lineup.  The 580's have the strongest bass.  They are punchier than the M50's but don't extend quite as deep but do handle EQing well (esp with an amp).  These are more in-line with the M50 sound than the XB500s. 

Thanks so much. I guess I will definitely go with the 580, I love the way those heaphones look :). I would have gone for the ZO but it alone costs 130$ and I can get the HFI580 for that price ! . Btw i was wondering how would you compare the bass of 580 with 780

May 26, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #5 of 6
Sharper image has it for $99 and someone posted a discount with it too in the reviews area w/free shipping.  The thing is, if you already like the sound/signature/portability of your headphones, then just add that little adjustment that you are seeking.  But who knows, the 580/780 may have the same sound/signature you are looking for =D.  You should see/look for those two so you can audition them prior to a purchase.  By store or maybe another head-fi member in your area.  Just my opinion :p

May 26, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Sharper image has it for $99 and someone posted a discount with it too in the reviews area w/free shipping.  The thing is, if you already like the sound/signature/portability of your headphones, then just add that little adjustment that you are seeking.  But who knows, the 580/780 may have the same sound/signature you are looking for =D.  You should see/look for those two so you can audition them prior to a purchase.  By store or maybe another head-fi member in your area.  Just my opinion :p

Anyway to get the ZO for $99 except for sharper image? They don't do international shipping, I live in Sweden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back