Bass-Basshead Headphones with detail, ear massage, midbass/subbass?
Jan 28, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #61 of 107
if they didnt impress you you need to perhaps stick to the old sony X series stuff. nothing higher end. Unfortunately with few exceptions it only gets less bassy from Beyer pricing upward, and most of those exceptions are already mentioned here and seemed to not impress you.

I wouldn't say less bassy, just better quality less quantity. But there has to be something that puts out both.

And as for buying, selling...I make site to buy low from authorized reputable sellers. I'm a stickler for looking and hunting for the best possible prices. If in not in love with the phone, someone else might. So I can still sell it lower than the listed msrp, and because I take great care of my equipment, it sells for higher.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #62 of 107
Inspired by this thread and high prise review by MalVeauX I have made spontaneous purchase of M-Audio Studiophile Q40.
I did not want to believe that headphones for 60 pounds are possible to create sound that was promised to me by MalVeauX In his review. MY GOD ! I was so wrong !! those head-phones are from different planet! They are able to create a base so low and powerful that it will shake out your brains through your ears! - if you can only handle the volume. Those actually shake my ears, brains and head. I have never even dreamed that is possible to recreate this kind of bass pressure on something that small - AMAZING! at the moment Im going through my bassy-tunes library and checking out which one of them will give me a concussion ! 

Egguy if you didn't order them yet go ahead and do it now.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #64 of 107
Quote:
Inspired by this thread and high prise review by MalVeauX I have made spontaneous purchase of M-Audio Studiophile Q40.
I did not want to believe that headphones for 60 pounds are possible to create sound that was promised to me by MalVeauX In his review. MY GOD ! I was so wrong !! those head-phones are from different planet! They are able to create a base so low and powerful that it will shake out your brains through your ears! - if you can only handle the volume. Those actually shake my ears, brains and head. I have never even dreamed that is possible to recreate this kind of bass pressure on something that small - AMAZING! at the moment Im going through my bassy-tunes library and checking out which one of them will give me a concussion ! 

Egguy if you didn't order them yet go ahead and do it now.

Are you using any amp with them? The bass gets much better amped and they respond well to EQing too. For me Q40 sounds not overly bassy ampless but with a ZO2.1, holy ****. Sounds like a quality subwoofer punchy, deep, controlled despite boosting the bass a lot it still remains pretty controlled. It gives you not only audible bass but "feel-the-bass" experience too which I both find exciting as well as useful when I keep mastering hardstyle, when I get that "feel-the-bass"-experience in my ears then I know the bass is on a suitable level.

Jan 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #65 of 107
2 pages in and i stopped reading, how has no one mentioned the ath pro700mk2's yet? 

things are built like a tank, zero distortion no matter what eq settings, can take a massive amount of current so you dont have to worry about an amp blowing them out and in stock form are a dj's best friend

you will have to eq in the bass or use a bass oriented amp however, they're pretty much unrivaled in terms of pure bass potential imo

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #66 of 107
2 pages in and i stopped reading, how has no one mentioned the ath pro700mk2's yet? 

things are built like a tank, zero distortion no matter what eq settings, can take a massive amount of current so you dont have to worry about an amp blowing them out and in stock form are a dj's best friend

you will have to eq in the bass or use a bass oriented amp however, they're pretty much unrivaled in terms of pure bass potential imo

I actually mentioned these. Asking if these were worth it. I'm interested.

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #67 of 107
Balance wise the PRO700MKII are fairly dark. The Q40 is quite neutral, neither dark or bright. There's more lower-mids presence on the PRO700MK2 as a result as you probably turn up the volume slightly further as the highs are so veiled. Bass wise they are probably fairly close to each other in quantity and quality. Both are said to be excellent when it comes to bass quantity vs quality ratio, biggest difference is in the highs, you have to question yourself whether you prefer neutral or a bit veiled highs.

Goldenears have both measured:

http://en.goldenears.net/13837

http://en.goldenears.net/9049

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #68 of 107
Quote:

Are you using any amp with them? The bass gets much better amped and they respond well to EQing too. For me Q40 sounds not overly bassy ampless but with a ZO2.1, holy ****. Sounds like a quality subwoofer punchy, deep, controlled despite boosting the bass a lot it still remains pretty controlled. It gives you not only audible bass but "feel-the-bass" experience too which I both find exciting as well as useful when I keep mastering hardstyle, when I get that "feel-the-bass"-experience in my ears then I know the bass is on a suitable level.

I only had them on for 3 hours now running from fiio e07k slightly EQed for more bass and on some tunes they were physically moving out from my ears - one of the reasons is that they are not sitting very tight on my small head but still I have never though that kind of bass power is possible to be transmitted from headphones. I will agree that Q40 are natural sounding headphones which makes them prefect for listing on mad volumes. "feel-the-bass" experience is amazing and using any other headphones for bass-centred music does not make sense anymore. I can't really stress enough how much value for money you get with Q40.

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #69 of 107
Could some of you guys compare the Q40s to the Denon DN-Hp700 or the AT WS55?

Those are two other supposedly bassy headphones that I'm looking at, that OP might be interested in. The Denon's are actually designed for DJing and are supposed to have really good middle and treble response in addition to powerful bass. Could anyone offer a direct comparison, or at least some thoughts? 

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #70 of 107
Quote:
Could some of you guys compare the Q40s to the Denon DN-Hp700 or the AT WS55?

Those are two other supposedly bassy headphones that I'm looking at, that OP might be interested in. The Denon's are actually designed for DJing and are supposed to have really good middle and treble response in addition to powerful bass. Could anyone offer a direct comparison, or at least some thoughts? 

My understanding is the Q40 will provide more sub bass.  Q40 bass is in the top 5 for bass/sub bass combinations I have heard in a headphone.  It is also one of the more neutral basshead cans.  You will want an amp with the Q40 to get the most out of them.

Jan 28, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #71 of 107
Have you looked into the AIAIAI TMA-1's?  They're designed for DJing, have very good bass and are just about indestructable too.  Very nice price as well.  Compared to my last DJ headphones (Allen & Heath Xone XD-53) they bass is a lot cleaner sounding.  They can get pretty tight feeling on your head after a couple hours though...

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #72 of 107
Quote:
IMO, you are missing out if you don't try the V-Moda M-100 for overall fantastic SQ along with tight, powerful and deep bass.  Also, I just ordered the NuForce HP-800 but haven't heard them yet.  They aren't the best looking headphones, but early reviews on their sound are excellent.

Yeah they are one of the best looking headphones..

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #73 of 107
Get two JVC DRVN 1200w subwoofers, super glue the two subwoofers to a Beyerdynamic T1 headband, connect them to Lanzar HTG447 4 channel 4000w amp, which can output 1000w on two channels at 4ohms ( PERFECT!).
http://www.walmart.com/ip/16914358?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227009335845&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13695682510&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem
http://www.amazon.com/Lanzar-HTG447-000-Watt-4-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B0040IO324/ref=lp_898116_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1359441018&sr=1-4

you can have all these for less than $200, and you'll get a goooooooooooooood ear massage, actually might as well get a whole body massage.
L3000.gif

On a more serious note, why not get some beats pros, they're not AS muddy as the other ones? Since I don't think you mentioned sound quality, beside you're only using it 10% listening anyway. They look great for DJing anyway.

Cheers!!

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #74 of 107
just forget about trying to get something with less mud and super bass cuz only sony xb series will have the bass quantity you require. Nothing comes close to the ear "massage" that the sony xb500 provide. You might also like to try the ath pro700mk2 which is supposed to have a lot of bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back