Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones)
Feb 10, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #286 of 374
  http://www.beoplay.com/support/product-support/support-beoplay-h8

They now do offer a software update program for the H8, H7, A2 and the beolit 15

thanks for the info,

i own H8 for few months and feels high pitch sound in my left driver if i'm turning on NC, i'm thinking if this firmware really help high pitch noise....

Feb 10, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #287 of 374
I recently got my girlfriend a pair of the beige H8's. I myself have the dark brown H7's and love them, but she fell in love with the design and looks of the beige H8's and who can blame her? But the bluetooth connectivity is pretty much useless on her's H8. We pretty much have the phone in the pocket for the connectivity to be stable without skipping. Even having the phone on the kitchen bench while doing the dishes they will skip like crazy, that's only about 1,5 meters range without any obstacles or walls in-between.

Is there something one could do to try to improve on this? Or should we just bring them to our closest Bang and Olufsen store and get them replaced?

Feb 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #290 of 374
The firmware update works great for fix this problem!

I just updated the firmware, didn't seem to change anything in-terms of bluetooth connectivity and range.

almost got heart attack, when update failed and won't turn on after that....

retry twice and error, fortunately 3rd time is success...

failed in 1st time because windows try to install the driver in the middle firmware update, i forget the windows driver installation still on going in background...

Hi Trommel, may i know which problem fixed by this fw? any problem u found other than the fw description -> (mic problem and battery display in ios 7)?

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #291 of 374
For my device Problems fixed:

Bluethoot connection problems much better!
(The phone should still not be blocked by the body!)
Now batterylevel in iphone, I never had "bad" mic when phonecall.

Phone in backpocket of jeans, still no stable connections.
(Is normal)

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #292 of 374
The reciever is in the R side. If your body (head!) is between your phone
and the bt-reciever you will sometimes till get some skippings.
Without wearing it 10m no problems, put it on the head, right side facing in the phone
Direction, connection is good. Turn around an loose complete signal!
The body(water) is the blocker.

You have to wear your phone at the right shirt or jacket pocket.
Or put it right from you somewhere. Never left!
Try it out, and tell me if it work for you!

Greetings

Ingo

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #294 of 374
I'm happy to report that after going to the Bang & Olufsen store and telling them about my girlfriend's feelings about the H8's and it's range they replaced them with the H7 Beige ones without any questions. Didn't need to provide any receipt or any kind of proof of purchase either. So great customer service.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #295 of 374
I purchased these recently, and the bluetooth connectivity was ok, but somehow it got worse after I did the firmware update.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I really wanted to like these headphones, especially since I travel a lot for work, but I may be sending them back for a good pair of noise isolating iems, or maybe the H7s.  

Mar 6, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #296 of 374
I got H8 a day ago. I replaced Beats Studio Wireless for these. I love the design, but I must say that sound is sub par to Beats. I played with equalizer for Beats, and got them working super nicely. I tried doing the same for H8, but whatever I do, Mid seems to be misty, not very resolute, not very clear. I also noticed distortion when moving Treble a bit higher. 

1) Love the Fit
2) Love the look
3) Hate the sound thus far

Now my question to you guys, do these need a bit of burn time to sound better, or is this it. For 500$ I am not impressed. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #297 of 374
Just bought these - thinking they might be better than the Definitive Technology Symphony 1.

Used them for hours last night with my Samsung 4K UHDTV...phenomenal!

Today, tried them in Starbucks with my brand new Dell XPS 15...they would connect with Bluetooth, then their status dropped from 'Connected' to 'paired.' No sound at that point.

Tried and tried again. Happened every time. Turned off Bluetooth and on again, restarted the PC, resdtarted the headphones - and every time, 'connected' dropped down to 'paired...'

Updated the firmware - same thing.

So I have these exquisite Bluetooth headphones, with insanely good sound - that won't provide a connection to a brand new laptop.

Any ideas? I'd love to keep them...

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #298 of 374
  I got H8 a day ago. I replaced Beats Studio Wireless for these. I love the design, but I must say that sound is sub par to Beats. I played with equalizer for Beats, and got them working super nicely. I tried doing the same for H8, but whatever I do, Mid seems to be misty, not very resolute, not very clear. I also noticed distortion when moving Treble a bit higher. 

1) Love the Fit
2) Love the look

Now my question to you guys, do these need a bit of burn time to sound better, or is this it. For 500$ I am not impressed. 

Sounds great with my Sony NW-ZX1, so I have no idea why you think the H8 sounds bad. Headphone/source pairing is always subjective, so YMMV. The H8s sounded great from minute one for me, and I've been using them since they came out well over a year ago.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #299 of 374

1) Love the Fit
2) Love the look

I had them with various iPhones and don't recall the sound changing.  I had a different impression of the sound than you though.  I found them clear but too low/bass-centric for my liking at times.  If you are near a B&O store, you may want to try another pair to do a comparison and see if you have a bad pair.

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #300 of 374
Just bought these - thinking they might be better than the Definitive Technology Symphony 1.

Used them for hours last night with my Samsung 4K UHDTV...phenomenal!

Today, tried them in Starbucks with my brand new Dell XPS 15...they would connect with Bluetooth, then their status dropped from 'Connected' to 'paired.' No sound at that point.

Tried and tried again. Happened every time. Turned off Bluetooth and on again, restarted the PC, resdtarted the headphones - and every time, 'connected' dropped down to 'paired...'

Updated the firmware - same thing.

So I have these exquisite Bluetooth headphones, with insanely good sound - that won't provide a connection to a brand new laptop.

Any ideas? I'd love to keep them...

Just for the sake of experimentation, I've ordered a Plugable Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter. Perhaps the B&O and the Dell just don't play together well. 

We'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back