Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear Headphones)
Dec 4, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #271 of 374
Well I got a pair of H8 brand new for about $280, which I performed a drop test on .... Ouch, tough little phones , just a few minor scratches.

Have not experienced dropouts , few minor interruptions that I have also experienced with other BT phones, nothing serious.

I find the ANC kind of pointless, as it impacts the SQ, though using them on a flight now and it makes sense.

Going to give them a good run this weekend . One think I have noticed, at first the sound was very valed and I was very unimpressed , a few days in and it's much better. Maybe my drop test loosened a few things up , though I'll go with a bit of burn in.

As a wireless portable, and the price I paid, it's a keeper I'm going to use daily for commute. Great build and very happy. Not going to baby it.

For anyone buying them , give them a week or so .... For me it was a big difference.

As for the drop test, they survive fine, no need to try it yourself .

After this weekend I'll give it a go pairing with a Mac and a PC to see how it goes and a Note 4. Also will see if a Hugo wired brings any magic to it....

Dec 4, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #273 of 374
The MacBook.

Difference between supports and working,

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/problem-getting-bluetooth-apt-x-codec-to-work.1443175/

Have a read through . Next week I'll look at my 12 MacBook and see if I can get it to work.

I know people have said the sennheiser solves the problem, so it's a solution.

Or you can wait for B&O or apple to resolve it, I would not hold my breath though.

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #278 of 374
You wanna explain that expecting a clean connection if both units use the same standard is uncommon? Buying a dongle means additional costs and a blocked USB-C port (the only one btw).

Dec 5, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #279 of 374
You wanna explain that expecting a clean connection if both units use the same standard is uncommon? Buying a dongle means additional costs and a blocked USB-C port (the only one btw).

Same standard means nothing . Being a long term Mac user, I've had my share of simple connections such as wifi.

I'm not here to debate what "should" work, I just tried to help. Ignore it if you like, or do do your own research on why the MacBook does not work and the Sennheriser does, cause saying over and over that the 12 MacBook has aptx support is not going to fix your H8 issues . Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back