Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 31, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #2,566 of 2,875
If you want best sound from wireless/ANC headphones go B&W PX...
Havent't heard 1000xm3 though.
Bose is comfortable but PX isnt uncomfortable.

I struggled between getting the H9i (which I ended up ordering, still awaiting delivery) after much, much reading on both the PX (I have the P5 Wireless, my only significant experience with Bowers & Wilkins headphones) and the H9 and H9i, and a very brief, uncomfortable listen at a Best Buy to both the PX and the H9i -- but the setup was crappy and I couldn't plug directly in to either headphone, so I don't think I got the best comparison between the PX and H9i.

I was surprised after reading about all the comfort issues various folks have had with the PX that I found the PX to be quite comfortable (granted for a very, very short demo) and I liked that it felt very secure on my head.

But I just couldn't be certain about the PX and having had experience with B&O (1st gen H6 and for a very brief period the H8i, but the small ear pads hurt my ears very quickly), and the fact that the PX can't be used truly passively (requires power even when using 3.5mm input), I decided the H9i made more sense for me.

Jan 31, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #2,567 of 2,875
I struggled between getting the H9i (which I ended up ordering, still awaiting delivery) after much, much reading on both the PX (I have the P5 Wireless, my only significant experience with Bowers & Wilkins headphones) and the H9 and H9i, and a very brief, uncomfortable listen at a Best Buy to both the PX and the H9i -- but the setup was crappy and I couldn't plug directly in to either headphone, so I don't think I got the best comparison between the PX and H9i.

I was surprised after reading about all the comfort issues various folks have had with the PX that I found the PX to be quite comfortable (granted for a very, very short demo) and I liked that it felt very secure on my head.

But I just couldn't be certain about the PX and having had experience with B&O (1st gen H6 and for a very brief period the H8i, but the small ear pads hurt my ears very quickly), and the fact that the PX can't be used truly passively (requires power even when using 3.5mm input), I decided the H9i made more sense for me.

I get that. I find the PX very comfortable as well. Reviews on the H9i have steered me away of it though.

Feb 1, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #2,568 of 2,875
If you want best sound from wireless/ANC headphones go B&W PX...
Havent't heard 1000xm3 though.
Bose is comfortable but PX isnt uncomfortable.

PX was a bit better SQ wise (just so-so) than MX2 when I was deciding on what should I get for ANC set. But Sony's noice cancelling was simply the best. MX3 is better than MX2, so it should be on par or better than PX. But I haven't had the opportunity to test PX vs MX3 head to head as I did for MX2.

LOL... I know you may not be the only one that has that low of an opinion of the QC35, but that's always puzzled me. I found them quite pleasant to listen to, from the times I've sampled them (I bought them as a gift for Christmas for a good friend, well, the QC35 II but pretty sure sound sig is identical), though hardly my favorite.

There is something wrong with upper mids or lower treble. Sound gets artificially distorted and I feel like someone is shouting straight in my ears. I have no idea what is going on with them: I am not treble sensitive, in fact I am a "treble head" - as I like a lot of detailed, clean treble (f.e. AKG KXXX series? ATH-AD900X? Bring'em on!)

And - getting on topic again :) I dont think I'll ever sell my H6's. They have unique blend of comfort, looks, sq and portability that is really hard to beat.

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #2,569 of 2,875
And - getting on topic again :) I dont think I'll ever sell my H6's. They have unique blend of comfort, looks, sq and portability that is really hard to beat.

ok, but how will you do when you need spare parts like ear cushions? h6 unfortunately they are no longer produced by b & o. PS i would like to keep them for a long time. that's why I chose a wired headset

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #2,570 of 2,875
Well I always form my pads back to right shape when I'm done listening. It literally takes 10-20 seconds to do that. It is also kinda fun (remember Zeos touching K7XX pads saying he can do that all the time? Same feeling :wink:)

Anyway, they are still in right shape. If/when they will discolour, I will simply repaint them. It's real leather, so it's a piece of cake (mine are black, wife's are beige).

I think it won't be that bad. I own my pair close to three or four years now, though I have to admit that I do not use them every single day, since my portables also include MX2, IE800 and Momentum IE2. And they still look like new.

Even the beige pair, which is Gen1 and sees action literally everyday (as my wife uses only them all the time) is still in good shape - after two or maybe three years.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #2,571 of 2,875
[QUOTE = "k4syx, post: 14753558, membro: 439023"] Beh, ho sempre formato i miei pad alla giusta forma quando ho finito di ascoltare. Ci vogliono letteralmente 10-20 secondi per farlo. È anche abbastanza divertente (ricorda che Zeos tocca i pad K7XX dicendo che può farlo sempre?) Stessa sensazione :xf_eek:cchiolino:)

Ad ogni modo, sono ancora nella giusta forma. Se / quando scoloreranno, li ridipingerò semplicemente. È vera pelle, quindi è un pezzo di torta (il mio è nero, la moglie è beige).

Penso che non sarà così male. Possiedo la mia coppia quasi tre o quattro anni, anche se devo ammettere che non li uso tutti i giorni, dal momento che i miei portatili includono anche MX2, IE800 e Momentum IE2. E sembrano ancora nuovi.

Anche la coppia beige, che è Gen1 e vede l'azione letteralmente ogni giorno (come mia moglie usa sempre solo loro) è ancora in buone condizioni - dopo due o forse tre anni. [/ QUOTE]

in fact, I'm paranoia from the forum! I love the world of headphones because whenever I try to buy a headset, I wonder about everything, to learn things and experience. wonderful! Now, for example, after trying the 2.0 or wired momentum, wired p7, beyerdynamic 770 pro, qc35, pm3 and p7 wireless, I find myself with h6 which really seems a synthesis of all of these. but I do not have the courage to make my final choice. bose seems the most practical in the round .... Beyerdynamic from the best value for money. oppo the most audiophile, fantastic m2o, exciting p7 .... I would like everyone, but I dream of using one that applies to everyone!

Feb 7, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #2,572 of 2,875
yesterday I also received m50x with fiio bta10 .... the build quality of h6 remains superior, as well as some aspects of the sound, but on a first day of listening, feedback in m50x a better sound performance: the sound is more energetic and present , very detailed and less than the price of h6 you have one of the most widely appreciated headphones, replaceable bluetooth module ... in short, I think I'll give away H6, the mids do not convince me, the stage seems too far, and the soundstage in the end not is so wide as to justify this "fault" .... the sound is exceptional but
being wired, and less present in the sound than m50x lead me to think of returning it. What do you think?

IMG_1395.jpg

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #2,573 of 2,875
yesterday I also received m50x with fiio bta10 .... the build quality of h6 remains superior, as well as some aspects of the sound, but on a first day of listening, feedback in m50x a better sound performance: the sound is more energetic and present , very detailed and less than the price of h6 you have one of the most widely appreciated headphones, replaceable bluetooth module ... in short, I think I'll give away H6, the mids do not convince me, the stage seems too far, and the soundstage in the end not is so wide as to justify this "fault" .... the sound is exceptional but
being wired, and less present in the sound than m50x lead me to think of returning it. What do you think?

I think you're nuts, but we all hear things differently. At the end of the day keep what makes you happy.

Feb 7, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #2,574 of 2,875
I think you're nuts, but we all hear things differently. At the end of the day keep what makes you happy.

Nuts, really? :smile_phones:

I reckon that the H6 sound is decent but I really struggle to connect with it, I find it rather bland and inoffensive, which is not that much of a compliment............

I like the H6 for its build quality, portability and the leather ear pads but the requirement for a special custom cable is a total pain!!!.....................

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,575 of 2,875

You're right. M50x has a slightly worse soundstage but it's bass is way punchier and has character, unlike the H6s bass which seems unsure of itself. I personally couldn't bear the horrible comfort of the m50x though. The m50x are more musical sounding for sure.

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,576 of 2,875
You're right. M50x has a slightly worse soundstage but it's bass is way punchier and has character, unlike the H6s bass which seems unsure of itself. I personally couldn't bear the horrible comfort of the m50x though. The m50x are more musical sounding for sure.

Also, like what Light - Man said, the H6 are too inoffensive and relaxed sounding for me to connect with them musically/emotionally.

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #2,579 of 2,875
do you know something that has the quality of h6 and the sounds like m50x?

Beats studio 2.0 has the fun, emotive sound of m50x with much better comfort. Earpads of the Studio 2 tend to become frayed/torn at seems over time, but [the headphones] can be found for less than $150 dollars on eBay easily.

On the flip side, there is the Bowers & Wilkins P7. They have a lush bass but it sometimes almost overpowering. Much better clarity than the Studio 2s. They have poor comfort (for me at least) but great build.

But you probably shouldn't listen to my suggestions if you like the M50x sound because I find the M50x unbearably thick sounding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back