Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Dec 9, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #2,491 of 2,875
Hello,

Do you have pictures of those mods or could you post the link to those mods?
Thank you

There's really not much to see. Grab the pad and turn counter-clockwise and it will come off. Whatever damping material you're using needs to fit in space in the back of the mounting ring in the back of the pad.

%wIZ1b9%RJanA7GW%+CHyQ.jpg xjwyhJPERMK2JOIFadjX%w.jpg Nw5sUuWhSbawLl3EVYuqqQ.jpg

NB: I first tried the black non-slip matting material. I'm now trying the cotton pad. Not both.

Dec 9, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #2,492 of 2,875
Amazing!!! I was going to try that setup with my H6s, but then decided it might not be ideal for my limited commute. Amazing job sir, gratz

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #2,494 of 2,875
I'd like to see if it would work with the P7 too. I was really torn between them and the H6. Yin and yang phones but both really nice.
P7 at least in Germany has a a higher resale value only becuz they never sold as much p7 as h6 here. EBay is full of h6s from 50 bucks here ! I tried to sell one, I had 2 of them. With warranty and like new condition with extra hard case(costed me another 20 bucks) and cable the best quote I ever got ( and I sold it for) was 120€. On the other hand one of my friend who picked up a used p7 wanted to sell it out, I put it on my eBay for 200€. We got 3 ol offers from 150€ in 2 days. I the beginning both headphones we're priced same.

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #2,495 of 2,875
I'd like to see if it would work with the P7 too. I was really torn between them and the H6. Yin and yang phones but both really nice.
There's really not much to see. Grab the pad and turn counter-clockwise and it will come off. Whatever damping material you're using needs to fit in space in the back of the mounting ring in the back of the pad.

NB: I first tried the black non-slip matting material. I'm now trying the cotton pad. Not both.
My wife has lots of these nail polish remover stuff here. If it works I will also try:wink: I am too lazy to try it out myself. By the way the cable I mentioned some posts back actually is a worthy effort. Voices will become weighty and treble brightness gets tamed a bit. Mid bass is significantly better . Literally huge difference in mid bass. The original cable and the Amazon cable sounds too hollow and tinny with mids in comparison. Overall it became darker like 650.still not there though.

Dec 10, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #2,497 of 2,875
Denon D7200 fits that bill for me, especially with Dekoni Sheepskin pads. Very siimiliar (at least to my ears) signature, but waaaaaaaay better in every way than H6.

Except portability, that is :)

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #2,498 of 2,875
Denon D7200 fits that bill for me, especially with Dekoni Sheepskin pads. Very siimiliar (at least to my ears) signature, but waaaaaaaay better in every way than H6.

Except portability, that is :)
To me there are only 2 types of headphones. 1. the ones you can take outside home. 2. the ones that are supposed to stay at home.

Personally I don't like the ones which are in between , closed but still you cant take outside. They don't sound good as open backs, they cost more than a portable and they have to stay at home. Open backs for home and really portable stuff for on the go makes sense for me.

Dec 10, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #2,499 of 2,875
Well closed ones, that are not portable do have uses: like offices, or back in home when you won't be bothering wife/husband in your shared bed.

My open Staxes are best in the world, but my wife says that if I'm going to use them in our bed I may use speakers as well :)

Dec 10, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #2,500 of 2,875
My wife has lots of these nail polish remover stuff here. If it works I will also try:wink: I am too lazy to try it out myself. By the way the cable I mentioned some posts back actually is a worthy effort. Voices will become weighty and treble brightness gets tamed a bit. Mid bass is significantly better . Literally huge difference in mid bass. The original cable and the Amazon cable sounds too hollow and tinny with mids in comparison. Overall it became darker like 650.still not there though.
Too bad that cable has to be DIY’d. Is the Amazon cable still better than the stock?

And I’m assuming you mean the one called New Fantasia

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #2,501 of 2,875
To me there are only 2 types of headphones. 1. the ones you can take outside home. 2. the ones that are supposed to stay at home.

Personally I don't like the ones which are in between , closed but still you cant take outside. They don't sound good as open backs, they cost more than a portable and they have to stay at home. Open backs for home and really portable stuff for on the go makes sense for me.
This is how I do it too. 650 at home, H6 at work/in transit, Beyerdynamic ear buds for the gym!

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #2,503 of 2,875
I live in a noisy neighborhood, it’s a real crap-shoot for me whether open headphones are usable indoors on a given day.

On the other hand, I have missed phone calls and deliveries when wearing a closed headphone at home.

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #2,504 of 2,875
I honestly prefer the H6 over the P7 any day! music sounds smoother on the H6, where as with the P7 theres a definite V shaped curv to the sound and the comfort is terrible. build quality is fantastic though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back