Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Nov 28, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #1,981 of 2,875
Hello. First of all, my english is not so good. I hope you understand my problem. I have B&O H6 second edition and I use it with Fiio K1 usb dac. I like this headphone but the bass level is low for me. Here is the link of the measurements of this headphone. https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BangOlufsenH62ndGen.pdf but I don't understand anything. I don't have any knowledge about equalizer etc.

I download equalizer apo with peace extension. But the sound becomes worse. Can someone suggest me an equalizer setting with a pic? And one more question. Is there any difference between Fiio K1 and Dragonfly Red or Black? Can Drangonfly red increase bass level? What are your suggesstions? I want to improve the sound of it.

Nov 28, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #1,982 of 2,875
Hello. First of all, my english is not so good. I hope you understand my problem. I have B&O H6 second edition and I use it with Fiio K1 usb dac. I like this headphone but the bass level is low for me. Here is the link of the measurements of this headphone. https://www.innerfidelity.com/images/BangOlufsenH62ndGen.pdf but I don't understand anything. I don't have any knowledge about equalizer etc.

I download equalizer apo with peace extension. But the sound becomes worse. Can someone suggest me an equalizer setting with a pic? And one more question. Is there any difference between Fiio K1 and Dragonfly Red or Black? Can Drangonfly red increase bass level? What are your suggesstions? I want to improve the sound of it.

For portable headphones H6 are not so easy to drive. But I am afraid that they are just not bass heavy. Heavy EQ usage may bring some distortions which cause sound getting worse. Maybe try listening with other DAC.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:03 AM Post #1,983 of 2,875

Welcome to the club!
Is bass quantity the only issue you have with H6? If yes, it's better to use hardware bass gain - like in Oppo HA-2 or FIIO Q1 MKII.
Dragonfly RED/Black won't help you with bass quantity.
If anything else isn't to your liking (including bass quality), you'll be better off with other headphones.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,984 of 2,875
Do you guys know some slightly bigger pads that fits on H6s?
I am considering trying to design and 3D print mount plate for HM5 or similar pads, but it is a subject for the future.
Don't think such pads exist.

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #1,988 of 2,875
Hi guys,

Did anyone try Sony MDR-Z1R SIGNATURE? The guys at whathifi say these are the best closed back headphones they reviewed so far.
Also has anyone tried B&W P9 Signature?

I wonder how these two compare to the H6.

Thanks

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #1,989 of 2,875
So I got the Belkin cable for my H6s and the cable is messed up out of the box. If you touch it near the connector, it causes static so that is going to have to great returned. :triportsad:

Good news is I got the case that was recommended and it is great.

I have missed H6s. Currently listening to Kind of Blue with my Lotoo PAW 5000.

Dec 5, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #1,990 of 2,875
Hi guys,

Did anyone try Sony MDR-Z1R SIGNATURE? The guys at whathifi say these are the best closed back headphones they reviewed so far.
Also has anyone tried B&W P9 Signature?

I wonder how these two compare to the H6.

Thanks

Do you want to compare MDR-Z1R to H6? Sony is few times more expensive. And definitely it requires much more power than H6, although B&O is not as easy to drive as many other portable headphones.
Sony's SQ as I remember is definitely highe, however I did not like "compressed" and harsh higher-mids range. I listened to them with A&K KANN which could drive them easily and with some stationary setups.

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #1,991 of 2,875
This is definitely one of my favourite headphones, but I have problems with the cable. The fit is terribly fussy, and unless it sits just right, there is only sound in one channel. I only get sound in both channels by fiddling with the plug, and pushing it as far in as possible doesn't help. This happens with both the original cable and an aftermarket cable. Has anyone else experienced this? Unfortunately the warranty has run out.

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #1,992 of 2,875
This is definitely one of my favourite headphones, but I have problems with the cable. The fit is terribly fussy, and unless it sits just right, there is only sound in one channel. I only get sound in both channels by fiddling with the plug, and pushing it as far in as possible doesn't help. This happens with both the original cable and an aftermarket cable. Has anyone else experienced this? Unfortunately the warranty has run out.

I need to push the jack kinda strong to have proper connection.
Does other cable provide any upgrade to SQ?

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #1,993 of 2,875

I've only had this kind of problem when the cable wasn't actually inserted all the way. (Does take more force than one might expect.)

Could be an issue with the contacts. Do you get the same result if you switch the cable to the other earcup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back