Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Nov 4, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #196 of 2,875
I am using iPhone to drive mine when I am out as I do not like to carry anything extra when I am out and about. When I need bass, I uses EQ to boost them and they respond pretty well to it.

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #197 of 2,875
I payed 169 € for the Pepsi Version here in Germany. Have them over 3 month. Really happy with them. Use them with a Amazon Fire Phone witch I payed 10€ :)
I have a Sennheiser IE 8 for some years too. For running IE8. In office H6. At home Bayerdynamic DT 770 LE on my computer. Best is the H6. :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #198 of 2,875
Actually I am thinking to get IE80, but you still have H6? what is the portable source you are using to drive the H6? I am listening to some flac and yes the bass is there, but it is has to be high volume without any outside noise. When I go out with them I can barely hear any bass at all even with almost full volume they isolate bad.

I just got the H6 yesterday and gave them a very quick try to make sure they are working as they are meant to be my Christmas present :)

Tried from my MacBook Pro and my iPhone 6, using Tidal (lossless) and Deezer (320kbps) as sources. There is an equaliser in the Deezer app which makes things better for tracks where I think bass are lacking.

Also one thing I was a bit disappointed about handling the Pepsi ones closely is that the blue colour is fairly different from the picture on the box and Amazon (lighter blue) and the grey plastic parts looks a bit cheap to me (more so than the plastic parts on the black one).

Will take some more time to think about them, but I am second guessing my choice now. What is strange is that I don't know if it is down to the tacks I listed to or the fact than burn-in is required, bit I didn't feel such a loack of bass when I tried them on at the shop.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #200 of 2,875
Testing Tidal here too! Excellent music streamer if you need FLAC on the go. The only weird thing is that, there's offline mode on mobile but not on Windows desktop? It also runs slower on my Windows PC. Anyone else experience the similar thing?

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #201 of 2,875
Yep I don't think there is an off-line mode on the Mac application either (and while the iPhone app looks nice to me, the Mac one is fairly ugly and not as practical to me - I think they put more efforts into the mobile experience). It doesn't seem to be slower on my side. though

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #204 of 2,875
Does anyone elses H6's leather smell like a blend of laundry chemicals + freshly painted walls? (this is the pepsi blue edition).

Other than that I like these a lot, very clear sound, good soundstage, bass is well extended and detailed with good texture, but doesn't hover above the rest of the presentation. But if you listen to bass centric EDM tracks I think it does quite well.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #205 of 2,875
  Does anyone elses H6's leather smell like a blend of laundry chemicals + freshly painted walls? (this is the pepsi blue edition).

Other than that I like these a lot, very clear sound, good soundstage, bass is well extended and detailed with good texture, but doesn't hover above the rest of the presentation. But if you listen to bass centric EDM tracks I think it does quite well.

Never really noticed the smell... brb taking a whiff. Annnd, I'm back. No strange chemical smell that you mention. Doesn't really have any smell apart from the faint scent of my shampoo, lol. I agree that these are really good for edm due to to the good bass extension and lack of bloat. They also do really well with orchestral works/piano pieces because of the great soundstage and detail. I however, would not use them with rock music simply because a lot of that is poorly recorded and will sound harsh, discordant (screechy) and distorted- speaking from experience here.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #206 of 2,875

Mine does, yes. It doesn't really bother me, I've smelt weirder things.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #208 of 2,875
Is anyone using them with an LG G3 and Spotify? I do 100% of my listening using Spotify (max quality of course), and last time I listened to the H6's with my phone I felt they were a touch quiet and lacking on the low end. Has anyone had any success using a 3rd party equalizer app to boost the low end a tad (Spotify doesn't have an equalizer function)? Or has my sense of sound been ruined/colored that much by my Sol Republics?

Nov 14, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #209 of 2,875
I just picked these up from the Apple Store yesterday after a few long months of researching and reading reviews on just about every single closed back, over ear headphone out there. I considered all sorts of different models such as the Mad Dogs, Focal Classics, DT770's as well as these H6's. After a first few initial listens, I am very impressed. Firstly, I am using these non amplified on an iMac (primarily for work). When at home these are paired with a MacBook Pro, iPhone 6 and a iPad 4. Reading the various reviews on the H6's, many have said they are pretty light on the low end but I am very satisfied with the bass on these headphones. I can only imagine the sound getting better once an amp is utilized. Definitely looking into some portable and desktop amps. Very impressed so far.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #210 of 2,875
I just picked these up from the Apple Store yesterday after a few long months of researching and reading reviews on just about every single closed back, over ear headphone out there. I considered all sorts of different models such as the Mad Dogs, Focal Classics, DT770's as well as these H6's. After a first few initial listens, I am very impressed. Firstly, I am using these non amplified on an iMac (primarily for work). When at home these are paired with a MacBook Pro, iPhone 6 and a iPad 4. Reading the various reviews on the H6's, many have said they are pretty light on the low end but I am very satisfied with the bass on these headphones. I can only imagine the sound getting better once an amp is utilized. Definitely looking into some portable and desktop amps. Very impressed so far.

Cheers! Happy listening :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back