Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Oct 28, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #181 of 2,875
Right,right ... I went to give the H6 a try at the B&O shop on the weekend, and I did pull the trigger and order a blue version :) (it will be locked away from me until December and come to me under the Christmas tree though ... tough!)

I didn't have a very extensive listening session as the sales assistant was keen on talking to me to sing the headphone's praises and I didn't want to tell him to shut up and let me listen to my music :) But I was quite pleased with what I heard straight from my iPhone and they do sound like what was described here. If I could change it I would rather have a slightly warmer sound, but the bass are definitely present and adequate - and I could definitely hear a lot of details in the music.

Also they are definitely a nicely design object and I feel promising in terms of comfort.

The shop both had the black ones and the pepsi ones and to be honest if money was absolutely no object for me I would definitely go for the blacks. But the blue ones don't look bad either and the saving is substantial ...

I did ask him whether there was any special deal on the blue version as I saw some UK shops discounting them online, and he just said he never heard of it and was not allowed to give any discount.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #182 of 2,875
So how much was the store asking for the pepsi ones? They are definitely discounted the pepsi blue at the moment, they are probably trying to sell off the stock this year. I hope you didn't pay over 230 euros for the pepsi ones.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #183 of 2,875
They wanted 400 euros for the Pepsi version (same as the black ones).

I didn't buy from them - ordered from the UK shop who is selling on Amazon for £179 (I like to support local businesses, but to a point :)).

The shop I went to is an official B&O one I think (the only one listen for Dublin on their website). I was actually surprised they even had them as I read some they are discounting them because for some reason they can't sell them at their shops anymore.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #184 of 2,875
Damn the prices over in the UK sure are high. Is that $179 GBP discount price tax-inclusive? Back when I got mine (tan colored ones) amazon.ca was having a discount sale of $285 CAD which is still lower than the pepsi version discount.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #185 of 2,875
Yep 179 gbp tax included. Cheapest I could find the black ones for in Europe is 300 euros from a reputable French shop. Doing my reasearch I aslo found that back in July the Pepsi and the green special editions were sold on a French discount site for 200 euros... But I'm too late for that.

Oct 30, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #186 of 2,875
I got my pepsi ones for 220 eur last week, I panic-bought it because of the price. I'm thinking of getting the P5 series 2 (245 eur) next because I actually prefer On-ears for comfort. 

Btw is some sort of an AMP recommended for these headphones? (Currently using it with iphone 5)
And if yes, do people seriously walk around with a bulky amp connected to their phone? 

Oct 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #187 of 2,875
  I got my pepsi ones for 220 eur last week, I panic-bought it because of the price. I'm thinking of getting the P5 series 2 (245 eur) next because I actually prefer On-ears for comfort. 

Btw is some sort of an AMP recommended for these headphones? (Currently using it with iphone 5)
And if yes, do people seriously walk around with a bulky amp connected to their phone? 

No these headphones were made for mobile use so using an amp won't benefit them much, if at all. A quality dac and amp (think home setup, or Astell&Kern 100MKII/120MKII/240) will have much more noticeable improvement, but any of the cheap Fiio crap isn't really going to help. Better off just saving your money and keep using iphone 5 (which by itself is an excellent dap second only to AK's products). The only portable dac+amp I'd recommend buying is the Resonessence Herus ($350), anything lesser will probably sound the same or worse than iphone's headphone out.

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #188 of 2,875

I was actually considering the P5 series 2, and comfort is one reason that pushed me towards the H6. Looking at the P5 series 2 thread a few people have complained they are becoming uncomfortable after sone time using them. I also saw H6 reviews where people said they found them more confortable than the P5.

Oct 30, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #189 of 2,875
i did about a 6 hour straight gaming session with my H6s on and they didnt bother me at all. IMO that says a lot consider the stretch of time. They are very comfortable. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #190 of 2,875
IMO, the H6 is one of the most comfortable headphone around. It's lightweight, pads are soft, and sits perfectly over your ears.

As for amp, no need but some people do carry triple stacks around

Hope it helps
Billson :)

Nov 3, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #191 of 2,875
Just got myself H6 and I paired it with colorfly c3. I am aware they are flat and have very accurate bass. But I have to turn the volume all the way up to listen to the sub-bass. Someone tell me good amp to go with colorfly c3 or should I dump it and get ibasso dx50. I really want to keep these, but it feels like I cannot hear anything like I used to with my IE8 from sennheiser .

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #192 of 2,875
Just got myself H6 and I paired it with colorfly c3. I am aware they are flat and have very accurate bass. But I have to turn the volume all the way up to listen to the sub-bass. Someone tell me good amp to go with colorfly c3 or should I dump it and get ibasso dx50. I really want to keep these, but it feels like I cannot hear anything like I used to with my IE8 from sennheiser .

The IE8s have way more bass than on the recording (especially if you tuned them up that way). A quick check of the FR graph will confirm that. I owned them a few years ago and sold them because the bass was just too much for me. I'd give the H6s some time (a week or so) exclusively to get used to them first.

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #193 of 2,875
Thank you. As for the source do you think getting more powerful DAP like Fiio X3 or DX50 changes the volume issue? or should I get a amp? Colorfly C3 is a sweet little thing, but maybe not sweet enough to drive H6

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #194 of 2,875

Same initial impression here compared to my IE80. Some tracks sound great and I can hear many more details, others sound a bit dull. Interestingly I don't find bass to be lacking on every track; on some it is definitly present and good (I guess it depends on the recording).

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #195 of 2,875
Actually I am thinking to get IE80, but you still have H6? what is the portable source you are using to drive the H6? I am listening to some flac and yes the bass is there, but it is has to be high volume without any outside noise. When I go out with them I can barely hear any bass at all even with almost full volume they isolate bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back