Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs - A Newer & MORE POWERFUL Sith Lord Emerges??
Nov 24, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #50 of 432
I just got full retard and bought them even though I already have the Sony mdr 1a which I like and literally don't need another closed back pair of headphones.

I bought the regular 598se some time ago and sent them back because they had a boring, veiled and distant sound with no bass whatsoever. Reviewers are saying that these are more forward and have a decent bass so maybe I'll like them more.

The Sony sounds good to me but they're a bit bass heavy and nowdays I listen to stuff which benefits from additional clarity. If these are better than the Sony, I'm probably going to sell the Sony and keep these, if these are worse, I'm going to send them back to Amazon and be done with sennheiser forever, because they've already disappointed me quite a few times.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #51 of 432
I just got full retard and bought them even though I already have the Sony mdr 1a which I like and literally don't need another closed back pair of headphones.

I bought the regular 598se some time ago and sent them back because they had a boring, veiled and distant sound with no bass whatsoever. Reviewers are saying that these are more forward and have a decent bass so maybe I'll like them more.

The Sony sounds good to me but they're a bit bass heavy and nowdays I listen to stuff which benefits from additional clarity. If these are better than the Sony, I'm probably going to sell the Sony and keep these, if these are worse, I'm going to send them back to Amazon and be done with sennheiser forever, because they've already disappointed me quite a few times.

I'd rather have these over the MDR-1A headphones though. So no, you're not full retard, or even close. lol 

The 1As were great and also very comfy, but they were a bit bassy IMO, so I agree with you there. I have the Cs, and I think their bass level is just fine. A bit stronger than the K550s, but just barely. Not like Sony or esp Beats' overly bassy sound. 

Yeah I buy a lot of Hi-Res albums these days too, so clarity is more important now than ever. I foresee you selling your 1As lol......................................

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #52 of 432
Since this site doesn't allow me to post links until the moderators check it, I saw this on reddit:

"Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone on sale for $109.26 on Amazon Prime Now"

I also saw it live 3 hours ago (sorry I was not able to post it), but I couldn't add it to my cart and when I ranted with the support team,  he told me that he couldn't match a price that he can't see.

I guess we will need to see if it ever goes live.

Nov 24, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #53 of 432
  Since this site doesn't allow me to post links until the moderators check it, I saw this on reddit:

"Sennheiser HD 598 Cs Closed Back Headphone on sale for $109.26 on Amazon Prime Now"

I also saw it live 3 hours ago (sorry I was not able to post it), but I couldn't add it to my cart and when I ranted with the support team,  he told me that he couldn't match a price that he can't see.

I guess we will need to see if it ever goes live.

No clue man. I and several people on here have been checking U.S. Amazon like once every hour or so, and nothing's happened yet, except that Amazon's stock of the Cs was taken offline, most likely to prepare for the big Black Friday sale. So just keep checking here

Nov 25, 2016 at 1:50 AM Post #54 of 432
Have anyone tried a bit of gaming with these? I'd like a pair of headphones that i can wear in public and game at home with. I play mostly first person shooters like CS:GO and Battlefield.

If the soundstage and positional accuracy is as good as my HD598SE, then i'll probably sell it and go for this one instead.

Thanks for a great review btw!

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #58 of 432
  Have anyone tried a bit of gaming with these? I'd like a pair of headphones that i can wear in public and game at home with. I play mostly first person shooters like CS:GO and Battlefield.

If the soundstage and positional accuracy is as good as my HD598SE, then i'll probably sell it and go for this one instead.

Thanks for a great review btw!

No haven't tried it with gaming. 

I think these would be just fine to wear in public!

Yeah you should, especially if you want closed-back. I think both the soundstage and positional accuracy are excellent myself. 

You're welcome! Thanks for commenting. 

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #59 of 432

No haven't tried it with gaming. 

I think these would be just fine to wear in public!

Yeah you should, especially if you want closed-back. I think both the soundstage and positional accuracy are excellent myself. 

You're welcome! Thanks for commenting. 

I just bought mine as well, thanks much for the great review RockStar2005 and the follow up posts.

Only other closed headphone I have is the 1st gen Philips Fidelio M1 (on ear), whose sound I don't care for, veiled, laid back with recessed highs.  In general I prefer open phones and have a bunch of various stuff, but am looking to have one decent closed pair for use when needed.  Was contemplating buying Audio-Technica ATH-M40/40x or M50/50x for years, but jumped in early on these just because Sennheiser.  I am crossing my fingers that they are great all-rounders...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back