Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs - A Newer & MORE POWERFUL Sith Lord Emerges??
Nov 18, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #16 of 432
If you REALLY wanna empty your wallet this holiday season, AND love AKG lol..................there's always the brand new closed-back version of the open-back AKG K812...............the $1499 AKG K872. I bet even compared to the Sennheiser HD 800 S it prob sounds INCREDIBLE

RIP WALLET. Rest in Pepperoni's. I bought so many headphones I can barely afford to buy any more yet here I am waiting for black Friday... I would have bought them an year ago if I could $$$$$$$$$

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 432
RIP WALLET. Rest in Pepperoni's. I bought so many headphones I can barely afford to buy any more yet here I am waiting for black Friday... I would have bought them an year ago if I could $$$$$$$$$

Bought what, the 598 SE? 

I only keep one headphone at a time. Well, one PREMIUM pair of headphones anyway. Don't see the point in having several. But I guess if you need like NC or BT ones, or sports ones, that's fine. I don't, so yeah. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #18 of 432
Bought what, the 598 SE? 

I only keep one headphone at a time. Well, one PREMIUM pair of headphones anyway. Don't see the point in having several. But I guess if you need like NC or BT ones, or sports ones, that's fine. I don't, so yeah. 

I meant the k812

So you sold your k550s too and you only keep 1 headphone to keep the cost down. Hey that's pretty good. Maybe you should try the k872 next time and tell us what you think lol

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #19 of 432
I meant the k812

So you sold your k550s too and you only keep 1 headphone to keep the cost down. Hey that's pretty good. Maybe you should try the k872 next time and tell us what you think lol

Oh ok. lol

Yeah I did sell them. I never felt the K550 was "too big" but a lot of ppl did. The Cs is slightly smaller (only needs large case where K550 needed the extra large case), which makes it more portable, yet it still has the same great "spaciousness" which lets the music "breathe" like the K550 does (but H6 doesn't) too b/c of how the ear cups are shaped. Plus the other nice bonus for me is having the option to DETACH the cables, something AKG NEEDS to work on cuz fixed cables suck *****. lol But despite all that, I'll always love AKG cuz the K550 changed my life. LOL 

I think keeping one is enough b/c if you're picking the RIGHT one you don't need to have multiple ones. But I'm talking about for JUST listening in normal environments. BT, NC etc...........it just depends on the person. But I don't need that stuff. Metra train I take into the city (Chicago) etc is pretty quiet vs. the CTA trains, so I don't need NC. BT..........GTFOH. BT doesn't even use the DAC, so no "magic processing" cuz the DAC gets bypassed in BT. A lot of ppl don't even know that. 

Haha..........well maybe Santa will drop a pair of K872s off for me then next month? 
L3000.gif

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #20 of 432
Oh ok. lol

Yeah I did sell them. I never felt the K550 was "too big" but a lot of ppl did. The Cs is slightly smaller (only needs large case where K550 needed the extra large case), which makes it more portable, yet it still has the same great "spaciousness" which lets the music "breathe" like the K550 does (but H6 doesn't) too b/c of how the ear cups are shaped. Plus the other nice bonus for me is having the option to DETACH the cables, something AKG NEEDS to work on cuz fixed cables suck *****. lol But despite all that, I'll always love AKG cuz the K550 changed my life. LOL 

I think keeping one is enough b/c if you're picking the RIGHT one you don't need to have multiple ones. But I'm talking about for JUST listening in normal environments. BT, NC etc...........it just depends on the person. But I don't need that stuff. Metra train I take into the city (Chicago) etc is pretty quiet vs. the CTA trains, so I don't need NC. BT..........GTFOH. BT doesn't even use the DAC, so no "magic processing" cuz the DAC gets bypassed in BT. A lot of ppl don't even know that. 

Haha..........well maybe Santa will drop a pair of K872s off for me then next month? :L3000:

I don't think the k550 is too big but I think an oval shape makes more sense than a circle, that said I will admit akg cables are kind of unintuitive... But none of that changes the buying decision of someone that is a FANBOY :wink:

I keep multiple headphones mainly because of different sound signatures but I am starting to realize I have too many and don't use all of them... Maybe Santa will give me a k872 too LOL

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #21 of 432
I don't think the k550 is too big but I think an oval shape makes more sense than a circle, that said I will admit akg cables are kind of unintuitive... But none of that changes the buying decision of someone that is a FANBOY
wink.gif

I keep multiple headphones mainly because of different sound signatures but I am starting to realize I have too many and don't use all of them... Maybe Santa will give me a k872 too LOL

Yeah I think the K550's size is just fine. 

Haha.........no, I guess it wouldn't. 

Yeah oval-shaped ear cups do seem to make more sense, but my K550s were SUPER comfortable nonetheless too. Hard to say which one is more comfortable.......the K550 or Cs? I just know they're both more comfortable than the H6. lol 

I see. Yeah it's cool to experiment I guess, but I mean, the fact that you're not even using them all kinda proves my point. I would like to maybe pit the K550 against the Cs just to see if I can really tell a difference, but I don't think I'd be able to. Only maybe that the Cs (like the H6) has a SLIGHTLY bit more bass than the K550 (but in a good way), but that's about it to me. 

Man, I'd wear red for a YEAR if Santa brought me one. LOL

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #23 of 432
Did I miss the 100$ sale or not yet?

Hey Doomski,

As far as I can tell, no. Both my cousin and I have been checking several times a day since Friday, and the price hasn't changed yet. Until this Friday night comes and goes, you just have to keep checking. If possible, I will try to post on here if and when I catch it though, so keep an eye on your e-mail too. But yeah, keep checking yourself, and if you can, post here if you catch it. No clue when it will be, but I guess that's why the sale is as good as it is. lol

Nov 21, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #24 of 432
Hey Doomski,

As far as I can tell, no. Both my cousin and I have been checking several times a day since Friday, and the price hasn't changed yet. Until this Friday night comes and goes, you just have to keep checking. If possible, I will try to post on here if and when I catch it though, so keep an eye on your e-mail too. But yeah, keep checking yourself, and if you can, post here if you catch it. No clue when it will be, but I guess that's why the sale is as good as it is. lol

Okk,thanks!

Nov 22, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #26 of 432
So I contacted amazon to ask when the 598cs will go on sale,and they told me that it will at 12Am(dunno what time region,probably america's) and will last until they run out of stock.

Do you think they will last for more than a day?

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #27 of 432
  So I contacted amazon to ask when the 598cs will go on sale,and they told me that it will at 12Am(dunno what time region,probably america's) and will last until they run out of stock.

Doomski, 

Nice! Good job!! I'm surprised they told you that. lol

Ok so 12am tonight, but we don't know what time zone. So it could POTENTIALLY be anytime between 9pm - 3am if you live in the U.S. Damn! lol Guess I may have to stay up late tonight. lol 

No clue. The one thing is that I don't think a lot of people even know about the Cs since it's so new (just released in early September). I would just keep refreshing once every hour. 

Thanks Doomski. 

Nov 22, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 432

**UPDATE**

Just spoke to US Amazon via chat. They confirmed the sale for the Cs is on tonight, AND she even told me it was Pacific or PST. So that means if you live in Chicago area it starts at 2am. 

Nov 23, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #30 of 432
Well,that's depressing!

I re-contacted amazon support and they told me that the product is currently not "eligible" for deal and "However, on Black Friday deals , the price may drop down, you can recheck it on Friday".

Can somebody else contact them also to make sure please? :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back