Bands which are far better than their most famous song allows you to believe...
Oct 8, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #61 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by adrift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of the mainstream in which way? Like off the grid, living in a cabin in Montana sort of out of the mainstream, or like watching films by Godard, Paul Thomas Anderson, and Lars von Trier while sipping on cheap wine and listening to 70s B-Movie Turkish Garage Rock sort of out of the mainstream.

...Oh wait. That's me.
beyersmile.png

Probably a bit more the latter than the former.

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #63 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by sailboat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle.

Really? That's my favorite song of theirs, and its very true to the rest of their sound in my opinion. I don't think its their most famous song either... probably a split between Paradise City and November Rain (which I don't like at all).

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #65 of 75
Tool - Schism

Almost everyone I know has heard of Tool because of that song.
There are a lot of other songs from Lateralus and other albums that I like much more.

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #66 of 75
Pink Floyd- Another Brick on the Wall

Long time ago, never listen to PF because of this song going on and on the radio, never liked it
then one day found an old cassete of The Dark Side, around house, it was that day I found Music,

I started to listen their albums for full, and started to like even Another Brick..

Oct 12, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #68 of 75
Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the name of.

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #69 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by adrift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? That's my favorite song of theirs, and its very true to the rest of their sound in my opinion. I don't think its their most famous song either... probably a split between Paradise City and November Rain (which I don't like at all).

Actually....I have to disagree here and say Sweet Child O Mine is undoubtedly their most famous song.......funny to me that it wasn't said

Oct 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #70 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by RationalGaze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tool - Schism

Almost everyone I know has heard of Tool because of that song.
There are a lot of other songs from Lateralus and other albums that I like much more.

Really? A decade ago it was the same with "Sober". I can't believe Tool's been around for so long that they got big, got forgotten and somehow got big again as a progressive/jam band.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #71 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually....I have to disagree here and say Sweet Child O Mine is undoubtedly their most famous song.......funny to me that it wasn't said

Yep, you're probably right on about that. I should have said Sweet Child O' Mine rather than Paradise City. All of those songs on Appetite are pretty signature to the rest of their early sound though.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #72 of 75
They're all great songs but its just the fact that "Welcome to the Jungle" is used so often in the media that leads me to believe people know them based on just that one song. November Rain is my favorite
biggrin.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #73 of 75
[Poster's favorite band] is much better than [band's most famous song] would lead you to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back