Bands That Desperately Need To Make Another Album
Apr 6, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #49 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pink Floyd without Waters (I must be the only PF fan who doesnt really like The Wall)

I don't like most of the Wall, but I didn't like Division Bell or AMLOR either, so... meh. I'm happy with Piper and WYWH, I don't need a PF reunion.

Quote:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor need to construct at least one more glorious piece of sound too.

Yes.

Apr 6, 2008 at 2:05 AM Post #51 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Wall: I like a few songs on that album, but the rest is "meh".

I edited the CDs and made one decent compilation of 18 tracks. I couldn't stand to listen to the others. And whether it's a cardinal sin to chop up "The Wall" like a tailor's dummy, I don't care.
I just want to hear what I like to hear!

Quote:

I am a huge Division Bell fan,

Great album. I like each and every track on it, but "Keep Talking" is probably my favourite.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #53 of 65
Agreed on Secret Machines, though I hadn't read the departure of the guitarist... not good.

I'd like to see another Dandy Warhols album as well...

And some more Curve would be great.

Apr 6, 2008 at 12:05 PM Post #54 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy OneThree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - there just isn't enough good post-rock

Theres no one like godspeed, but the second half of your statement must be a joke.

BOTCH

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #55 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to see another Dandy Warhols album as well...

Well, you won't have to wait too long. Their official site states "EARTH TO THE DANDY WARHOLS should be out before summer".

Ditto for Curve. I'd love for those two to make another but won't count on it.

I'll add Pretty Girls Make Graves (broke up) and Fischerspooner (label limbo) as two I'd love to see new albums from.

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #56 of 65
dead prez

Not trying to be a buzzkill, but I guess I'm kinda taking the "desperately" in the title more seriously than others. I mean, does Pink Floyd really "desperately need to make another album"? At this point they've long since lived up to (and surpassed) everyone's expectations. I do like that they introduced the Yiddish-sounding meh into this thread, though; that's awesome.

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:49 PM Post #57 of 65
3 Mustaphas 3

Jane Getz

Lamb

Dedannan

Loituma

Apr 6, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #58 of 65
Quote:

Pink Floyd without Waters (I must be the only PF fan who doesnt really like The Wall)

Your not the only one. There are maybe a CDs worth of good material on the Wall. All feature Gilmour's guitarwork.

Apr 6, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #59 of 65
I will add three more bands I forgot about. 1. Operation Ivy-One album and they break up. Once again the follow up band, Rancid, is nowhere near as good. 2. One Cool Guy-Small NJ ska band that broke up. Wish they had released some more. 3. Arrogant Sons of B***ches-Broke up but the follow band led by the lead singer, Bomb the Music Industry!, while different is just as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back