Bands That Desperately Need To Make Another Album
Apr 3, 2008 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
Right now I'm sitting here listening to Nickel Creek's spectacu-stellar-iffic-magnifi-tastic album 'This Side' and I'm really bummed that they aren't putting out any music. Their last album 'Why Should The Fire Die' is ironically the end of the story, at this point. I wasn't really even happy with that album, which lacked the production talent of Alison Krauss that made their first two albums great. I miss Chris' mandolin matching up so well with Sarah's youthful, divine, sugar-sweet vocals. I miss everything about this band.

Why can't they bring it all back together and give me a couple more good albums, maybe even a true opus magnum?

Anyhow, what are some bands that you guys are pining for new music from?

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #2 of 65
The Libertines, because nothing Pete Doherty and Carl Barat have done alone has even come close.

The Secret Machines, although I'm afraid to hear how they've changed without Benjamin Curtis.

Fugazi. I shouldn't even have to justify this.

Mazarin, because their last album before they disappeared was incredible.

Primal Scream, because ending on a low note sucks.

Apr 4, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 65
The Avalanches. It's been over 7, almost 8 years. Where did they go? Since I Left You was amazing!

Rick Astley. You can't just not capitalize on the rickroll!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmicmoose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Primal Scream, because ending on a low note sucks.

be careful, they could get lower!

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 65
Talking Heads
The Format
the REAL Cowboy Mouth (If your a fan, you understand)
XTC (Though Andy Patridge is all over in the production side of the industry)
The Ocean Blue

Apr 4, 2008 at 3:30 AM Post #8 of 65
A Perfect Circle - Because their "intimate venues" tour was the best concert experience I've ever had, inlcuding catching Tré Cool's drumstick and walking through a "festival" grounds before the doors opened and seeing 3 members of mudvayne walking right in front of me!

Apr 4, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #13 of 65
Eve 6. Was really stoked when I heard they're touring again, but they're not making a new CD yet.
frown.gif
The first two were great, their third was so-so... time to kick it back up a notch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back