Bands That Desperately Need To Make Another Album
Apr 4, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #31 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by djmenace52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Second At the Drive-In, Mars Volta nor Sparta have captured the essence and excellency of ATDI.

i always felt crimes and burn piano island by the blood brothers were good substitutes.

still, my vote goes giorgio moroder!

Apr 5, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #33 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by John E Woven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pink Floyd with Roger Waters.
Frijid Pink
Emperor
Mayhem (With necrobutcher, unlike ordo ad chaos)

I wanted to mention Pink Floyd & Waters but I don't know if I could stand another anger challenged effort.

Since we are wishing, I'd love to see what the origonal Genesis, Yes, Wishbone Ash, Rare Bird, Nektar, Yardbirds and Journey members could do.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #34 of 65
I know it was mentioned earlier, but Talking Heads back together again would make me
biggrin.gif
! Also, Dire Straits is one I can only wish for!

Apr 5, 2008 at 7:47 AM Post #37 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by djmenace52 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neutral Milk Hotel - probably never happen, but one can hope.

This.

Also Grandaddy, Eric Dolphy, Louis Prima, Uncle Tupelo, J.S. Bach, and the old R.E.M. If I could resurrect any of these, I would.

And if we're talking wishes, maybe the Flaming Lips could release an album without compression.

Apr 5, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #38 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Callisto needs to release a new album dammit.

Totally agree!!!

I will probably be alone on this, but I think another Sabbath album with Ozzy would be great.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #41 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by namelock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at the drive-in

would've LOVED to hear their sound after Relationship of Command but alas they broke up before it could be so

Mars volta just doesn't have the same energy at all..

I completely agree on this one. Mars Volta can't even compare to At The Drive-In.

Also Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution is the band I believe most needs to release a new album. One five song EP in 2001 and it is now 2008 and the LP still hasn't arrived.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #42 of 65
Pink Floyd without Waters (I must be the only PF fan who doesnt really like The Wall)

Godspeed You! Black Emperor need to construct at least one more glorious piece of sound too.

Apr 5, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #43 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pink Floyd without Waters (I must be the only PF fan who doesnt really like The Wall)

I like a few songs on that album, but the rest is "meh". Nothing like DSOTM, WYWH, and Meddle. I cannot stand Waters; he is uber pretentious and whiny. A Gilmour led PF would be sublime. I am a huge Division Bell fan, so that should tell you where I come from.

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #45 of 65
Cannibal Ox has to put out another album.

And, id kill for another Sublime album.

EDIT: Some of ya'll need to ease up on TMV. You cant really compare ATDI to TMV. The latter is a raw form/springboard to the former. ATDI relies on a more punk influenced/post-hardcore formula, whereas TMV pushes the envelope combining a plethora of musical influences, that although considered progressive rock-is very difficult to place in any one single musical genre.
IMO, nothing ATDI has ever done can touch the genius of "De-Loused". Its just so much more of a mature and polished album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back