Balanced connection DAC + amp + headphones
Dec 8, 2010 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

lup31337

New Head-Fier
I dunno much about the balanced connection but sounds pretty interesting. Price is an important factor in my future purchase so i decided on these components :

Cambridge audio DACmagic
Little dot MK VII
Sennheiser hd 650 with balanced cables

My question is if this is a good balanced combo ? I read about how some equipment have balanced input / output connection but they are not trully balanced and make some stupid signal conversions. Considering the items i selected, will there be a true balanced connection between them ?

Thanks

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 10
Definitely also check out the Arcam rDAC. And also be sure to realize that the littledot is not a high-end balanced amp.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Definitely also check out the Arcam rDAC. And also be sure to realize that the littledot is not a high-end balanced amp.

What constitutes a high end amp besides the price. Does a high end amp sound better than a low end one.

Can your ears pick which is which when only pulling a couple milliamps.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
So should i go with little dot mkV with unbalanced connections instead ? Because i don't have the money to buy expensive balanced amp.

Get the MK VII+,you will not find better bang for buck anywhere.

Just remember that it needs balanced inputs.

And just a reminder that there are many who consider the LD name being brandied around in the high end forum to be sacrilege.

Post your question  in the Amp Forum,will be a lot better.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #6 of 10
Well I wouldn't call it sacrilege, but come on, its not high-end.

Dec 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 10
Many are just against Chinese products, so keep that in mind. Nevertheless, I would not class Little Dot products as High End. High end you are looking at Woo Audio as an example.

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #8 of 10
Having owned a MKIVse, and preferring my NAD amplifier, I just thought I should warn the op. This is money we are talking about it, and he could be disappointed (though there are also many that do enjoy little dot products).

Dec 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #9 of 10
What can you guys tell me about the tube amps ? Do they have a weaker low frequency response than a solid state one ? Do the tubes burn out after some time ? If so, how often ? Thanks

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:
What can you guys tell me about the tube amps ? Do they have a weaker low frequency response than a solid state one ? Do the tubes burn out after some time ? If so, how often ? Thanks

You appear to be slow on the uptake.

POST your question down in the Headphone Amp (full size) forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back