Bakoon japan launch 1st portable headphone amplifier HDA 5520
Apr 28, 2014 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All Head Fi friends

Bakoon is The famous japan amplifier brand , now they launch their 1st portable amp to the market

Bakoon produce many amps for headphone and DAC

I am sure the sound quality their 1 st portable amp is excellent like their big brothers

The list price : $ 97.200 USD

They use 12 batteries toys AA

Play time : continues about 8 - 10 hours

Bakoon make 2 headphone out like his big. Brothers :
Current HP out : for Orthos headphone like LCD series and Hi Fi Man series and many more
Voltage HP out : for Dynamic driver headphone like Sennheiser ,Bayerdynamic , Fostex TH 900 and many more

Please read more info below :

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfujiya%2Bavic%2Benglish%26client%3Dsafari%26hl%3Den&rurl=translate.google.co.id&sl=ja&u=http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail61702.html&usg=ALkJrhjQ3bi86IB_JobjMBi5K8JTJK16Nw

Product detail :
Mobile headphone amplifier. Compatible with a wide range of headphone impedance.

Input is equipped with RCA jack and mini jack, It was equipped with the current output and voltage output and output as well HDA-5210mk2.
Output voltage and current is can be used at the same time. If you use the same headphones to the current output and voltage output, it is possible disturbance of the frequency characteristics of the current output by the rampage of the impedance curve to compensate.
Further, it allows to switch on the switch rate for converting the current from the voltage corresponding to the headphones wide impedance.
I use 12 pieces of AA batteries.
Continuous use 8-10 hours with alkaline battery cheap, in intermittent use, operation for a long period of time is possible.
In addition, if the AA battery size, it is also possible to use rechargeable battery.
Circuit is a dedicated circuit current consumption newly developed low.
Of course, I'm using only DC servo with no feedback.

Standard input: Stereo mini-jack x1, RCA stereo jack x1
Output: voltage output mini-jack x1, current output mini-jack x1
Possible adaptation headphone impedance switch the current gain:: 8 ~ 600Ω current output
Output: up to 1000mW
(AA alkaline batteries used) operating time 12 AA batteries: power (which may be shorter for the voltage drop in the headphone impedance is high) 8-10 hours of continuous operating time is extended further in intermittent operation.
Accessories: 12 Alkaline AA batteries, one for battery replacement driver, manual, rubber bag 1

May 1, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 85
Thanks for the info, Rudi.   Looks interesting and wonder how is the sound compared to its big brother?   12 AA batteries needed and i guess the size of this portable amp must be huge!   Cannot find more information on the web.   

May 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #3 of 85
  Thanks for the info, Rudi.   Looks interesting and wonder how is the sound compared to its big brother? 12 AA batteries needed and i guess the size of this portable amp must be huge!   Cannot find more information on the web.   

ph34r.gif

May 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 85
Thanks for the info, Rudi.   Looks interesting and wonder how is the sound compared to its big brother?   12 AA batteries needed and i guess the size of this portable amp must be huge!   Cannot find more information on the web.   

You are welcome
My friend heard sq excellent
Size about Mass Ko Bo 395 , but thicker

May 1, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 85
Would love to hear one and considering the quality & cost of the big brother, $972 USD might be a good deal.
Seems like it is going to persuasively drive a large range of headphones.

Years ago I had a portable amp that I used with rechargeable AAA batteries.  At the time, I thought the sound
was not as punchy and clean compared to normal alkalines.  On the other hand, that amp had 4 batteries
not 12!

May 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 85
Would love to hear one and considering the quality & cost of the big brother, $972 USD might be a good deal.
Seems like it is going to persuasively drive a large range of headphones.

Years ago I had a portable amp that I used with rechargeable AAA batteries.  At the time, I thought the sound
was not as punchy and clean compared to normal alkalines.  On the other hand, that amp had 4 batteries
not 12!

Today even with 1 battery SQ is very good like Ko Jo KM 01 Brass and Tsugaru edition
With 2 AA battery like Wagnus Epsilon S sound is excellent
With 4 AAA like Mass Ko Bo 395 is also excellent
IMO

May 2, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 85
It would be interesting to know more about this amp.

Have I understood it correctly, this amp can function with just 2 AA batteries, where with more batteries it just gives more room for powering harder to driver headphones?

May 2, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #9 of 85
More info about Bakoon

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fujiya-avic.jp%2Fblog%2F%3Fp%3D13527&h=SAQGiaFLSAQEZdH0J3okZYa4iL3cRuzUpXrpqgl_O8YlRoQ&enc=AZOGLmw4n-SRk_XWsQuy2_pBUJFbpvzBtpO83685OwYXzg1rHAsYRn5oEAShIHzVeqdCL6T_WKlrwsC5crINCE4zgAcfPwDYsoo32_bQxAPzNTZpIHwKhfA3pS2jTgDVDps&s=1

May 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #14 of 85

Just received Bakoon amp.   This thing is big, definitely more transportable than portable.    1st impression very positive, very powerful amp.    Wish it came with an owner's manual to explain how the current and voltage output works.    Driving my LCD-XC very well and probably the best "portable" amp pairing for the audeze.    When i switch to Fostex TH900, WOW,   The amount of details and fantastic soundstage, i just cannot believe came from this "portable" amp.     Plugging and switching between current and voltage output gives different sound signature.     Voltage output sounds like fuller balanced mode, while current output is full of details and has a wider soundstage.    Highly addictive sounding amp with TH900.   Thanks to Rudi for helping me to discover this wonderful amp.     

May 7, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #15 of 85

Just received Bakoon amp.   This thing is big, definitely more transportable than portable.    1st impression very positive, very powerful amp.    Wish it came with an owner's manual to explain how the current and voltage output works.    Driving my LCD-XC very well and probably the best "portable" amp pairing for the audeze.    When i switch to Fostex TH900, WOW,   The amount of details and fantastic soundstage, i just cannot believe came from this "portable" amp.     Plugging and switching between current and voltage output gives different sound signature.     Voltage output sounds like fuller balanced mode, while current output is full of details and has a wider soundstage.    Highly addictive sounding amp with TH900.   Thanks to Rudi for helping me to discover this wonderful amp.     

You are welcome
Congrats evolutionx :beerchug:
You are as The First Head Fi member own Bakoon portable Amps
Now you have 2 best Amps Bakoon and Wagnus
Which ones do you prefer ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back