bad trader!! crap, i need help!!!
May 16, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #17 of 762
I'm sorry to hear for the losses!

I don't want to be THAT guy who tells you this...but:
-Head-fi takes no responsibility in your losses - if you want protection, you go via paypal -> this is what I advised Sonny, and he luckily didn't do the trade. If it wasn't for me telling him what to do, he might have fallen in the same trap. (not bragging, just saying)
-For trades, you should ALWAYS trust the other person - if you don't then, it's quite simple:
1. Don't do the trade
2. if you REALLY want to, then have a 3rd party member (trusted) involved that receives the item and the money and then sends it out respectively. Like a middle man of sorts.

Luke, you can trust people over the internet, you just have to be very vigilant.
ie. I sold you the MDT's, I kept you updated throughout the process, and gave you proof of postage, etc etc.
So not everyone can be trusted, indeed, but don't give up hope.

May 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #18 of 762
how odd that i had 2 very positive experiences with him...

i sent him a PM about this issue, lets hope he thinks for a second and puts himself into your shoes. i really am very sorry about your exerience with him.

and sorry swimsonny, i remember telling you i had good experience with him, and i truely have. but you obviously didnt, i am glad you saw through it.

Kind Regards

Oscar

May 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #19 of 762
Quote:

i sent him a PM about this issue, lets hope he thinks for a second and puts himself into your shoes. i really am very sorry about your exerience with him.

and sorry swimsonny, i remember telling you i had good experience with him, and i truely have. but you obviously didnt, i am glad you saw through it.

Kind Regards

Oscar

Thats alright buddy. I got of lightly but from this post other have not been so fortunate. This is not really goo enough.
I also would like to point out that he ignored me for 4 days. Accused me of trying to scam him. I am also unsure whether or not he even owns the earphones i was gonna trade with him as they were in his list on day and then disappeared the next? 

May 16, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #20 of 762
Quote:

Maybe the guy was setting up the stage with a couple of good trades.  Once he had some good references, he was ready to pull a scumbag on us.

May 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #21 of 762
1.  Why would a set of Sennheiser IE8s trade even with Sony MDR-EX1000s?  Too good to be true?

2.  if you're not using Paypal, use an escrow service.  Hint: type "escrow service" into Google.

3.  Over the years I've encountered difficulties with Eastern European buyers/sellers moreso than other parts of the world.  Either it's the gypsy ethos, or the stirring pangs of new-found capitalism.  (Whatever.)  Try to think of the scams you could perpetuate if you were absolutely sure you'd never be held accountable by your local authorities.

4.  A set of IE8s is a sucky price to pay for a Learning Experience.  If there's a bright side, it's that this "slap upside yo' haid" sure is going to make you aware of the dangers of Internet dealing.

(Good luck with this.)

May 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #22 of 762
Quote:

Maybe the guy was setting up the stage with a couple of good trades.  Once he had some good references, he was ready to pull a scumbag on us.

I think that was the plan!

May 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #23 of 762
THIS SAME GUY ALSO TRIED TO DO A FALSE TRADE WITH ME AND SCAM ME! LUCKILY I WAS WARY ABOUT HIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND DID NOT SEND ITEMS UNTIL SURE HE HAD. HIS TRACKING NUMBER HE SENT ME WENT TO CANADA. I AM IN THE UK. STAY CLEAR FROM HIM.

He tried to trade with me as well recently, but my spider senses kicked in and it became a no-go. Thankfully, I would have been out $5-600.

May 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #24 of 762
OP, sorry to hear about your troubles. Have you contacted a moderator yet regarding the issue?

Not sure what's going on with lvrhs, but he's still active on the forums and clearly not hiding the fact that he has the IE8: 

I have now IE, once had excited, and they were crap, harsh highs, thin sound and bad build quality.

May 16, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #27 of 762
Contact a moderator of the classifieds. You can do this by consulting with an administrator. Make sure your english is understandable and clear.
So long as you have information such as the address and what-not, he won't be getting anyway anytime soon. But is it worth it? It's possible to track him down but you might lose more money and time doing so. Petty scammers will always be petty.

May 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #28 of 762
Quote:
That's a sunrise iem and ie is impressive edition not IE8 but yeh he is still active.

Thanks for the clarification. I find it strange that he posted here in this thread. Hope this gets sorted out soon for all involved.

May 16, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #30 of 762
Quote:

Thanks for the clarification. I find it strange that he posted here in this thread. Hope this gets sorted out soon for all involved.

What I find strange is that he posted here in this thread...and he did not try to clarify the situation or deny any wrong doing.   The guy has some balls...but hey, karma will get him eventually. 

I hope he gets a nasty ear infection. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back