bad k701?
Jan 17, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #31 of 58
Mine are terminated on the left, and the serial # is also on the left. The only difference I see in mine from those excellent pictures is, under the center chromed grill section, mine has a cross (+) shaped support piece where the one in the picture looks like is has just a single support piece. Who else has a serial number on the left. I'm asking because I got mine from ebay too and just want to make sure.

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #32 of 58
its getting harder and harder to believe that its a fake. I've just been looking at the box and the information book. i mean i have the information guide in like a thousand languages and the akg warrantly slip. its just that 12345 for a serial number gets me. other things that match up is the shape of the pads, thicker on the back, thin in the front (assuming wearing them with the labels misplaced) with the serial number on the side with the cable terminating (should be labeled left).

@bent what do you mean by the cross shaped support piece? are you referring to the part with the akg symbol on it by the headband?

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by blent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine are terminated on the left, and the serial # is also on the left. The only difference I see in mine from those excellent pictures is, under the center chromed grill section, mine has a cross (+) shaped support piece where the one in the picture looks like is has just a single support piece. Who else has a serial number on the left. I'm asking because I got mine from ebay too and just want to make sure.

This has been mentioned before. I think we concluded that AKG changed the way the "support" was made. It's nothing to worry about. Blent, what S/N is yours? Mine were one of the earlier ones (#1981).

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #34 of 58
I think the #12345 serial number is fishy for the reason that it's 1-2-3-4-5, not that there can't be that serial #, because the serial # on one that I got 2 months ago has serial # 10073 and even that one was slightly old stock.

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #35 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its getting harder and harder to believe that its a fake. I've just been looking at the box and the information book. i mean i have the information guide in like a thousand languages and the akg warrantly slip. its just that 12345 for a serial number gets me. other things that match up is the shape of the pads, thicker on the back, thin in the front (assuming wearing them with the labels misplaced) with the serial number on the side with the cable terminating (should be labeled left).

@bent what do you mean by the cross shaped support piece? are you referring to the part with the akg symbol on it by the headband?

1 2 3 4 5? That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage! Prepare Spaceball 1 for immediate departure!
rs1smile.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #36 of 58
thanks asr i needed some kind of reference point to judge my serial number. well if i dont get a response in a couple hours im going to use my free night minutes to call their location in california and hopefully someone can talk me through this.

Jan 18, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1 2 3 4 5? That's amazing! I've got the same combination on my luggage! Prepare Spaceball 1 for immediate departure!
rs1smile.gif

lol i thought that same exact quote when i first read the serial number... laugh and cry at the same time...

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #38 of 58
Friggin awsome...

like the Semi-Colan G.P.K card

just sounds like the "woman" that made it thought it might be funny to do the old switch-a-roo with the cable on the #12345 ,I nearly want to buy it from you.

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:21 AM Post #39 of 58
I say it's strange, but real. If anything, AKG just switched the headband around by accident. Handmade means better quality, but probable in minor mistakes made. I mean, think about it; if you were tired, how long could you go making sure the headband was on the right side?

Just call/email AKG (they get back to you within 24 hours) and tell them about this with a link to this topic.

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say it's strange, but real. If anything, AKG just switched the headband around by accident. Handmade means better quality, but probable in minor mistakes made. I mean, think about it; if you were tired, how long could you go making sure the headband was on the right side?

Just call/email AKG (they get back to you within 24 hours) and tell them about this with a link to this topic.

yea i sent them an update email linking them to this thread. if it was just the left and right ones switched then i could have definitely believe that it was just a mistake but that serial number... hard coincedence that they screwed up on that paticular one you know...oh well we'll see and i promise you guys will know the second i do.

Jan 18, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #41 of 58
I just wanna say that either way, those are some really beautiful cans ! I can't wait until I get my new receiver so that I can spend more money.....

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #42 of 58
Actually, I bet the other folks who received wonky serial #s like yours probably went
blink.gif
too. Notably the #s: 666 and 1337.

Keep us updated!

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Friggin awsome...

like the Semi-Colan G.P.K card

just sounds like the "woman" that made it thought it might be funny to do the old switch-a-roo with the cable on the #12345 ,I nearly want to buy it from you.

lol i looked over your post the first time. i really like your thinking, puting motive to explain the coincidence, and id really like to think thats what happened. but if you think so they could be yours for $280 shipped
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Spot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just wanna say that either way, those are some really beautiful cans ! I can't wait until I get my new receiver so that I can spend more money.....

yea its almost too hard to believe its a ripoff because of how well built they seem. unbelievably comfortable and it even came with the akg manufacturer warranty slip (not sure if i mentioned that already, guess this means im borderline ranting).

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #44 of 58
Greastest hopes for just yet another Head-fi crisis all but nearly averted ... I freakin' LOVE the Drama ... When it all ends well ;-}

Whats the odds of that?

Script, he will explain it to ya yet, I'm sure of it ;-}

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #45 of 58
If AKG QC checks this as a process, I don't think it would get through. What's the odds with this number? Your number will become cult status for Head-Fi AKG fans so charge a premium to resale. Could become one of the minutia questions at meets for the booby prize. Maybe the factory did it on purpose to coincide with the number. You win K1000s.....

Making light of your concern is only meant for humor and positive spin. I bought mine in Oct. and my #11126. Mine must have been a restock pair as I didn't get a manual or warrenty card. Hope all ends well as the 701s are a value. I hope nothing happens to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back