Baby on the way...advice from Head-Fi dads?
May 26, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #61 of 63
Awesome pics oicdn! The first pic is EXACTLY how my son slept for the first 14 months of his life no word of a lie. The first night of his life he was on my chest because my wife had had surgery. After that to help out at night for the first while, he would sleep on my chest while my wife continued to recover. Then I was the one to do night feedings. My wife had trouble expressing the first 3-4 weeks so I was the food source in the wee hours, and yep...he'd fall asleep on my chest. After his first month of doing it, it just kinda stuck. He'd let me know when he wanted to nurse and I'd place him beside my wife but afterwards he'd let out a little squack until I picked him right back up.

This continued like I said until he was 14 months or so and happened once when he was 2 which was nice event for me. Thankfully (at least for this aspect of life) he is a smaller kid otherwise this would never have occurred. My wife believes this is a major factor contributing to his close bond with me, so much so that I'm is favourite person in the world, which is strange for a boy of his age.

When my daughter came along, I wasn't allowed near her, like I mentioned before...just in case she turned out to be a real daddy's girl and my wife lost out on that experience
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #62 of 63
Advice? They don't come with a manual, but you don't need one anyway. Just go with the flow. Listen to the advice you get from other people but don't feel you should act on all of it. Just have fun.

May 26, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #63 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Awesome pics oicdn! The first pic is EXACTLY how my son slept for the first 14 months of his life no word of a lie. The first night of his life he was on my chest because my wife had had surgery. After that to help out at night for the first while, he would sleep on my chest while my wife continued to recover. Then I was the one to do night feedings. My wife had trouble expressing the first 3-4 weeks so I was the food source in the wee hours, and yep...he'd fall asleep on my chest. After his first month of doing it, it just kinda stuck. He'd let me know when he wanted to nurse and I'd place him beside my wife but afterwards he'd let out a little squack until I picked him right back up.

This continued like I said until he was 14 months or so and happened once when he was 2 which was nice event for me. Thankfully (at least for this aspect of life) he is a smaller kid otherwise this would never have occurred. My wife believes this is a major factor contributing to his close bond with me, so much so that I'm is favourite person in the world, which is strange for a boy of his age.

When my daughter came along, I wasn't allowed near her, like I mentioned before...just in case she turned out to be a real daddy's girl and my wife lost out on that experience
smily_headphones1.gif

That's sweet!!!! Initially my son was really close to me cause I MADE SURE I didn't work at night to help out, but alas comes the real world and had to start working other hours. But now he's a mommas boy because I'm always working out of town, which sucks. But you gotta do what ya gotta do. I do miss him sleeping on my chest...there's not quite anything like it. Even though you're somewhat uncomfortable, somehow, it's comforting knowing he's comfortable.

Again, co-sleeping ftw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back