B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Apr 22, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #1,081 of 1,671
Hey guys! Just got my pair today!

I'm finding the highs a bit too high, just curious what everyone's ToneTouch settings are if you don't mind sharing with me. Also is that setting a general setting for all genres of music or do you have different settings for different genres?

Also, @winslord I recalled reading that you had the same issue as me, what's your ToneTouch settings?
Hey! Pretty late to the game here LOL since I don’t even use mine anymore. My ToneTouch is somewhere in Warm. I have the treble pushed to the left and bass increased up about 40% both.

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #1,082 of 1,671
Hey guys! Just got my pair today!

I'm finding the highs a bit too high, just curious what everyone's ToneTouch settings are if you don't mind sharing with me. Also is that setting a general setting for all genres of music or do you have different settings for different genres?

Also, @winslord I recalled reading that you had the same issue as me, what's your ToneTouch settings?
Warm/excited for my rap/hip-hop music

Semi-Relaxed for my classical !

I don’t mess with the sound stage feature, cool but too artificial for me to stick with more that 5 minutes.

Hope they let us adjust frequencies in the future

Apr 23, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #1,083 of 1,671
Hey! Pretty late to the game here LOL since I don’t even use mine anymore. My ToneTouch is somewhere in Warm. I have the treble pushed to the left and bass increased up about 40% both.

Haha yeah I got in pretty late. Aw why don't you use them anymore? Did you get something else?

Cool! You altered the treble and bass to counter the unusual highs and to boost the lows yea?

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #1,086 of 1,671
Week of use... absolutely love'em.
One minor knock, when you run or walk fast, they distort a bit (with ANC on) when your foot hits the ground.
Wondering if this can be solved with a software update...
One question. Anyone cleaned the inside of the headband (natural)? Any tips?

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #1,087 of 1,671
Picked up a pair last night in Singapore airport on a good deal and love them so far. I really liked the fact that you can use them as a normal pair of headphones with zero power, something which both the Bose and B&W ANC don’t offer. One question though, what is transparency? Is it the level of ANC? All it seems to do on mine is stop the music but that might just be my clumsy inputs so far.

May 27, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #1,088 of 1,671
Picked up a pair last night in Singapore airport on a good deal and love them so far. I really liked the fact that you can use them as a normal pair of headphones with zero power, something which both the Bose and B&W ANC don’t offer. One question though, what is transparency? Is it the level of ANC? All it seems to do on mine is stop the music but that might just be my clumsy inputs so far.
Transparency turns of the music and turns on the outside mics so you can hear the outside well without taking the headphones off.

May 31, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #1,090 of 1,671
I’m riding the train as I write this, and the music is randomly starting / stopping on me. I’m not touching the controls just to see what happens, and so far it’s stopped and started maybe 10 times. Music will play for a few minutes or seconds, then stop for a few minutes or seconds. Sometimes turning my head makes the music stop. Sometimes doing absolutely nothing makes the music stop. Sitting at my desk in the office earlier today while at the computer, the headphones just stopped playing music after 6 songs of the album I was listening to. While walking to the train station and standing at a traffic light my podcast just stopped playing. I got it playing again and wanted to skip forward, so I swiped forward to advance 30 seconds, and it worked. Swiped again, worked again. Swiped a third time, and it worked, but then one second later the podcast stops playing. This is literally the most frustrated experience I’ve ever had with a tech product. I seriously hope these issues are resolved in 5.0.3, but I wouldn’t know because I can’t update.

I have had a similar problem with my H9i. Very unstable playback when initiated from the touch control on the right side. Playback returns if I pressed the cup against my head, but need to keep the cup pressed all the time. Otherwise playback stops after a few seconds. [Is my head too small? :wink: ] Also playback drops after turning my head, just like the report above. It is not pairing. I have tried pairing and unpairing several devices (iPhone, iWatch, iMac) all show the same issues. But, get this, playback is stable if initiated from the iPhone, or iWatch or computer. Still sensitive to movement though, but fairly ok. Starting playback from the headphone itself is useless. It lasts only a few seconds and then stops. I think something is wrong with the detector that senses whether you are wearing the headphones or not.

I left the headphones at the official service provider here in Singapore. Lousy place! They kept them for weeks. They did nothing, and I could not get them back because (they said) they were doing a "restocking" exercise. What! Finally I recovered them, after several weeks, and they did nothing to the headphones. Very frustrating. B&O uses a terrible place as official service here in Singapore. Awful.

I don't know what else to do. Thanks for any help. /Carlos

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #1,091 of 1,671
I have had a similar problem with my H9i. Very unstable playback when initiated from the touch control on the right side. Playback returns if I pressed the cup against my head, but need to keep the cup pressed all the time. Otherwise playback stops after a few seconds. [Is my head too small? :wink: ] Also playback drops after turning my head, just like the report above. It is not pairing. I have tried pairing and unpairing several devices (iPhone, iWatch, iMac) all show the same issues. But, get this, playable is stable if I initiate it from the iPhone, or iWatch or computer. Still sensitive to movement though, but fairly ok. Starting playback from the headphone itself is useless. Last only a few seconds. I think something is wrong with the detector that senses whether you ae wearing the headphones or not.

I left th headphones at the official service provider here in Singapore. Lousy place! They kept them for weeks. They did nothing, and I could not get them back because (they said) they were doing a "restocking" exercise. What! Finally I recovered them, after several weeks, and they did nothing. Very frustrating. B&O uses a terrible place as official service here in Singapore. Awful.

Hi Carlos, and everyone else in this thread, official B&O documentation states (in my own words.)

the music stops and starts because the proximity sensor is not functioning correctly.

You probably put the headphones on your ears and then turn them on. This is not the right way to do it.

Before you turn on the headphones take them OFF your ears, hold them in your hands and then turn them on, you will see a white light meaning its connecting to a device and Calibrating the proximity sensor, when the light turns off , THEN and only then can you put the headsets on your head.

Alternately you can disable the proximity sensor by holding the button to pairing mode and tapping on the touch pad twice, you should see a red light, this disables proximity sensors.

If you cant understand what im saying watch the source from B&O themselves:

May 31, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #1,092 of 1,671
Hi Carlos, and everyone else in this thread, official B&O documentation states (in my own words.)
the music stops and starts because the proximity sensor is not functioning correctly.

Thanks. Indeed, I have put my headphones on and only then turned them on. I will try this tip for sure. I hope that's was the case. Still, it does not explain why playback is (fairly) stable when initiated from the external device and not from the headphones.

Still, I have to note that the YouTube video posted is dated May9, 2018. B&O has come really late with this information on how to use their product.

Finally, big thanks to Michaelc136 for responding so quickly. I hope and pray this will be the solution.

Carlos

May 31, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #1,093 of 1,671
I have had a similar problem with my H9i. Very unstable playback when initiated from the touch control on the right side. Playback returns if I pressed the cup against my head, but need to keep the cup pressed all the time. Otherwise playback stops after a few seconds. [Is my head too small? :wink: ] Also playback drops after turning my head, just like the report above. It is not pairing. I have tried pairing and unpairing several devices (iPhone, iWatch, iMac) all show the same issues. But, get this, playback is stable if initiated from the iPhone, or iWatch or computer. Still sensitive to movement though, but fairly ok. Starting playback from the headphone itself is useless. It lasts only a few seconds and then stops. I think something is wrong with the detector that senses whether you are wearing the headphones or not.

I left the headphones at the official service provider here in Singapore. Lousy place! They kept them for weeks. They did nothing, and I could not get them back because (they said) they were doing a "restocking" exercise. What! Finally I recovered them, after several weeks, and they did nothing to the headphones. Very frustrating. B&O uses a terrible place as official service here in Singapore. Awful.

B&O Singapore is the screwing worst! Especially the store. Those lousy snobbish bastards that judge you based on your appearance alone. One rare occasion I was on my good outfit, wearing nice watch, and all. They let me try the H8.

The next morning, I came again to see how the H8 performs without ANC. I wasn’t wearing any watch, was on my plain Uniqlo t-shirt and shorts. One of them who I think was the manager told me there’s no battery inside it so I can’t try it. Complete BS. One, I just tried it the previous day and two, they know those work without battery.

Jun 2, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #1,095 of 1,671
Installed the new firmware update today and it makes them sound even better IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back