B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #1,051 of 1,671
Went from H9 to PX and then to H9i. Never had any strange noises when using them. Not at home and not when walking outside. Turned off the Proximity sensor. So no problems there. Sounds like someone had experienced bad copys. Best headphones I've ever had.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #1,052 of 1,671
Went from H9 to PX and then to H9i. Never had any strange noises when using them. Not at home and not when walking outside. Turned off the Proximity sensor. So no problems there. Sounds like someone had experienced bad copys. Best headphones I've ever had.
I have tried 2 headsets now.. When I turn of the Proximity sensor it some how get stuck after some time. So it keeps shutting of the music even faster than when the Proximity sensor was on... To bad since the sound quality is very good on this headset. At least I will not get anything more from Beoplay. Will go back to using my Shure SE846.

Apr 9, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #1,053 of 1,671
Ok, well honestly ill be happy to know it may have been a defective one because I really love these headphones too. and yes for everyone else on this thread disabling the proximity sensor is a MUST.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,054 of 1,671
I have tried 2 headsets now.. When I turn of the Proximity sensor it some how get stuck after some time. So it keeps shutting of the music even faster than when the Proximity sensor was on... To bad since the sound quality is very good on this headset. At least I will not get anything more from Beoplay. Will go back to using my Shure SE846.
I feel you bro, Im on my 5th pair

First pair had chips near the hinges

Second pair had a deep scratch on the right ear cup

Third pair had a squealing sound in left ear cup

fourth pair whenever I turned my head fast I heard like a thumping sound in the right ear cup

This pair I have currently is perfect so far and Im keeping it so I think im happy.

EDIT: and no im not crazy, all of these issues were seen by the B&O associate either in person or via camera photo.

Only reason why I stuck around so much is because Last month I went through over 10 pairs of the Bose QC 35, some had bubbles, melted plastic & Leather, damaged firmware you name it. Bose quality control is MUCH worse. I drove over 500 miles in total to try and get a good Bose product but ended up giving up on them

I really wanted the ability to change my battery so I wouldn't have to throw these away in the next few years, and for that I think im happy with the purchase, plus I think they sound pretty great.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #1,055 of 1,671
Can anyone else hear the transmitter in the right ear of the H9i when they are turned on? It seems to be when they are trying to connect to Bluetooth devices. It stops after a few minutes...

Yeah, I talked to B&O, they're releasing a patch to fix it. Annoying as hell though.

Is it these high tjirp/pitch, in sequences of 3 seconds? Also have it. Thought mine were faulty or I started to develop tinitus. When would the update come?

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #1,056 of 1,671
Are the H9i louder than the PX? I currently have the PXs I feel like they are loud enough but if I come across media that was recorded at a low volume it’s a little off putting

Apr 9, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #1,057 of 1,671
I feel you bro, Im on my 5th pair

First pair had chips near the hinges

Second pair had a deep scratch on the right ear cup

Third pair had a squealing sound in left ear cup

fourth pair whenever I turned my head fast I heard like a thumping sound in the right ear cup

This pair I have currently is perfect so far and Im keeping it so I think im happy.

EDIT: and no im not crazy, all of these issues were seen by the B&O associate either in person or via camera photo.

Only reason why I stuck around so much is because Last month I went through over 10 pairs of the Bose QC 35, some had bubbles, melted plastic & Leather, damaged firmware you name it. Bose quality control is MUCH worse. I drove over 500 miles in total to try and get a good Bose product but ended up giving up on them

I really wanted the ability to change my battery so I wouldn't have to throw these away in the next few years, and for that I think im happy with the purchase, plus I think they sound pretty great.
It´s still strange that you need to get 5 pairs just to get a working one. But I have tried to get in touch with Beoplay and they just replay with bull.
The first set I send back they sendt back to the shop and saying it has no error. But I clearly can´t use them for walking.
But will have to try and send back this other set, if not I will get my cash back.

Apr 9, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,058 of 1,671
Is it these high tjirp/pitch, in sequences of 3 seconds? Also have it. Thought mine were faulty or I started to develop tinitus. When would the update come?

It is like a very faint high pitched transmitting sound in the right ear in 3 or 4 second bursts. If you’ve ever heard a cell phone next to a speaker it’s kind of like that. It seems to be related to the headphones looking to connect to its list of Bluetooth sources. I find if I clear all the sources it’s not there and if it only has the cell phone paired and successfully connects it is not there. It’s when there are other sources and it can’t connect to a second one. It’s quite frustrating.

I let them know about it and they said it’s a faulty pair. But I had an earlier pair that did the same thing. Another poster said it would be fixed in a firmware update, but I’m not sure because they didn’t seem to have a clue what I was talking about.

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #1,059 of 1,671
Ok, Heres my story..... about the H9i. I made a stupid mistake I know.

Few hours later in a quiet environment the left ear cup started creating feedback.. LOUD feedback when I raised it from my ear slightly.

Are these headphones this fragile or am I missing something... I got a new pair obviously but same deal, the left ear cup interior microphone is more sensitive than the right. When I raise it from my ear slightly and wave it around a little I can hear a low whistle, not as bad as before but still there. Try it out on your H9i, Raise the left ear cup from your ear (while the headphones are on your head) and slightly wave it around your ear you can hear the low whistle and at the perfect angle it may feedback.

And for those of you thinking this is a silly problem that wouldn't hurt anyone in application take note on my previous pair whenever I took off my headphones the whistled through the library at 3 am. oh and also rang into my ear....

Again I ask, are the interior electret condenser microphones that sensitive?!?! Im asking this to prevent this from happening in the future.

I just experienced this as well... a sharp noise in the right earcup when i lift them, just like when you would hold a mic at a speaker...

Apr 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #1,060 of 1,671
I just experienced this as well... a sharp noise in the right earcup when i lift them, just like when you would hold a mic at a speaker...
Can we all please talk about this!!

I’ve emailed bang and Olufsen about this and I’m trying to work with them.

I’m sad to hear this because your confirmation shows me that this is not a one off issue :frowning2:

For me the left ear cup is the more sensitive one , for you it’s the right.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #1,061 of 1,671
Can we all please talk about this!!

I’ve emailed bang and Olufsen about this and I’m trying to work with them.

I’m sad to hear this because your confirmation shows me that this is not a one off issue :frowning2:

For me the left ear cup is the more sensitive one , for you it’s the right.

I am not going to risk any ear damage, I will return the item and go for another brand although I really love the sound signature... B&O should just fix.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #1,062 of 1,671
Hi all,

I could need some inputs and thoughts from other owners of the H9.

Bear in mind that this is my first headphones with ANC.

I purchased a pair in early February, but I had to send it back since it would not charge the battery, Beoplay replaced it with a new one fast and easy.
With my second pair, I noticed a very annoying sound for every step when walking or turning my head to a sudden stop. The sound is to be described as a crackling sound or maybe a electric pop, much like when you pull an auxiliary cable from an amplifier, but obviously much lower. I understand that this is phenomena that could occur with ANC due to pressure variation inside the cups? The sound was in both ANC mode and non-ANC mode. I shipped this one too back and received a third pair. Again the crackling sound appeared, not as intense and sensitive as with second pair but still obvious, but now only in ANC mode so that better. But it’s still quite annoying and I sometimes end up with just turning the ANC off when walking.

Now I am sitting here and thinking, do I have way too high expectation for these headphones? As for headphones to 500USD I think not, but if technology just isn’t there yet I understand that I need to ease on my expectations.

So what do you guys think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send them back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound annoys.
s think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send the back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound anoys me.
Sorry Im late but if it helps to know I did have this problem as well, I returned and got another one, im good now.

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #1,063 of 1,671
Hi all,

I could need some inputs and thoughts from other owners of the H9.

Bear in mind that this is my first headphones with ANC.

I purchased a pair in early February, but I had to send it back since it would not charge the battery, Beoplay replaced it with a new one fast and easy.
With my second pair, I noticed a very annoying sound for every step when walking or turning my head to a sudden stop. The sound is to be described as a crackling sound or maybe a electric pop, much like when you pull an auxiliary cable from an amplifier, but obviously much lower. I understand that this is phenomena that could occur with ANC due to pressure variation inside the cups? The sound was in both ANC mode and non-ANC mode. I shipped this one too back and received a third pair. Again the crackling sound appeared, not as intense and sensitive as with second pair but still obvious, but now only in ANC mode so that better. But it’s still quite annoying and I sometimes end up with just turning the ANC off when walking.

Now I am sitting here and thinking, do I have way too high expectation for these headphones? As for headphones to 500USD I think not, but if technology just isn’t there yet I understand that I need to ease on my expectations.

So what do you guys think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send them back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound annoys.
s think, is this normal with this headphones or should I send the back? I really like both the sound and the design of the headphones, but the crackling sound anoys me.

I also had this issue, and was one of the reasons I returned them. I described it as the sound you hear when someone taps a microphone, but I think it’s the same thing as you’re describing. Mine was also only with ANC enabled, like your second pair.

No, your expectations are not too high. You just want the features advertised to work. I think B&O have a winner on their hands if they can fix issues like this one. Here’s hoping for an H9i GT :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back