B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 29, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #496 of 1,671
I haven't seen/tried the 1000x, but can confirm that they don't fold up like the QC35.

They don't fold into a 'football' shape, like the Sonys, Bose or Senn Momentum.

But they do, in fact, fold flat. The earcups rotate so that they provide a relatively small footprint.

Great for backpacks or laptop cases.

Thanks guys. Am debating between these and the Sony 1000x. Leaning towards these at the moment, especially if the SQ gap is as large as this thread suggests. Guess I can live with a slight lack of compactness and ANC...

Jan 29, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #497 of 1,671
I have been testing ANC cans for use strictly on an airplane and ended up with the P7 wireless, Sony 1000X and B&O H9.  I played with these quite a bit at home however the ultimate test was on the airplane and I have just finished taking two flights with them.  The P7, although the best sounding of the bunch, was useless on an airplane.  Between the Sony and B&O - the B&O is significantly better when it comes to sound quality - there really is no comparison in my opinion.

When it comes to ANC I found that the B&O, while not as good as the Sony, definitely did the job.  I have no issues at all using these on an airline flight.

The B&O are keepers for me (and a second pair for my wife) who also preferred them to the Sony.

PS - the H9's are also significantly better constructed than the Sony's - beautiful metal and leather compared to creaky Sony plastic.  They are also more comfortable.

PSS - Bose QC35 - they did not even make it to the testing stage on an airline flight.  They were immediately ruled out in the comfort of my own home - atrocious sound quality

B&O H9 - game set and match, imho, when it comes to ANC cans for the airplane
B&W P7 wireless - the best wireless cans at the moment (imho)

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #500 of 1,671
I was talking about the GoCase.The H9 is a bit squeezed in the GoCase as well, and as a consequence there is a small chance that when zipping the case up the earpad could be scratched or caught. Till now I had no such problem.

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #504 of 1,671
I have average-size ears. The top part of my ears in in the earpad, the lower lobe of the ears is covered by the leather part of the ear pad therefore staying out of the inner case of the earpad.

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #506 of 1,671
  I was talking about the GoCase.The H9 is a bit squeezed in the GoCase as well, and as a consequence there is a small chance that when zipping the case up the earpad could be scratched or caught. Till now I had no such problem.

Yes - I find the GoCase a bit tight.
We need to find an alternative

Jan 30, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #508 of 1,671

In case anyone was curious about the auto off function.. This is B&O's response. I had it where my headphones drained overnight. But per their explanation it shouldn't have drained as my headphones weren't connected to any bluetooth source overnight. (phone bluetooth was disabled)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back