B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 24, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #467 of 1,671
Found the same thing myself. It seems that you need to turn them off

Jan 24, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #468 of 1,671
I thought these things have an auto off feature. They were left in the on position and the music was paused. Overnight the battery depleted. Any thoughts?

Found the same thing myself. It seems that you need to turn them off

H8 worked the same way. Leave it on, the battery drains. So functions as designed. User error/assumption :)

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #470 of 1,671

Here's a good example I found. As I mentioned, I find 50-60% volume on my P7 Wireless to be sufficient for most albums. But for, say, Pink Floyd's The Wall on Apple Music (which I'm listening to right now), I have to crank it to 80% to get an equivalent level of volume. The H9 possibly wouldn't give me enough headroom to be satisfied with that particular recording. I find a lot of older albums were mastered at lower volume levels which could prove problematic with a Bluetooth headset that didn't provide a sufficient max volume.

I'll try that when I get my H9's. I got a friend to buy them in local store (he's able to get them a bit cheaper) and now it's just the wait until he visits where I live, which usually happens once of twice each week.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #471 of 1,671

I thought about that, but shipping and handling + VAT, etc. generally just makes is too expensive here in DK.

As I have already said, a headphone set of that value deserves a good case to keep them safe from harm. I think it is only logical το pay 64 euros (I live far from the US, even further than you do) in order to protect a set of 500 euros. However, I have already bought a case from ebay (china made) for 13 euros all included (v-mota, search for it in ebay), but quality side it has nothing to do with the gocase: it is a soft case with low quality cable compartments (to store any cables or other items you use during your listening time). The gocase is a hard waterproof case with durable materials.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #472 of 1,671
I fully agree with you and it would have been nice if B&O had shipped a nice case with the headphones.
Physical distance from the USA is not neccesarily the biggest factor when it comes to price. It's possible to buy stuff for $5 including shipping from Hong Kong and such. However, when price reaches a certain point, the national post office "takes action" and adds various extra fees.

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #473 of 1,671
Out of curiosity, how much more imposed by the local post? It sounds like taxes imposed to "protect" the local (danish or european if you like) industry of cases LOOOOOOOOOL!!!!! I can't find a Trump emoticon to add besides the LOL.

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #475 of 1,671
Danish post: "we will never go bankrupt"! Looks like there is some space for competition in the postage sector (23 euros for handling are you joking?????
confused_face(1).gif
).

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #479 of 1,671

Here's a good example I found. As I mentioned, I find 50-60% volume on my P7 Wireless to be sufficient for most albums. But for, say, Pink Floyd's The Wall on Apple Music (which I'm listening to right now), I have to crank it to 80% to get an equivalent level of volume. The H9 possibly wouldn't give me enough headroom to be satisfied with that particular recording. I find a lot of older albums were mastered at lower volume levels which could prove problematic with a Bluetooth headset that didn't provide a sufficient max volume.

I got my H9 earlier today and have been using them for a couple of hours so far. I tried listening to The Wall for a bit, streamed from Tidal on my iPhone 6. No issue with the volume level, but the version they have is a remastered version from 2011 so that might very well make a difference. I tried some old Leonard Cohen albums, but in the album information it says "released on 2014" - the album is clearly older and sound a lot older too, but still, no issues with volume level so far.

The touch controls work pretty well, I haven't had any issues as others have mentioned.

I used them once for a phone call. They worked fine, but they are not perfect. I asked the person I talked with about the sound quality and he could clearly hear that I wasn't talking directly in the phone and he could clearly hear that I was preparing lunch while talking. Fortunately this is not something I expect to be using much.

So far, I'm pretty happy with my purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back