B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 20, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #451 of 1,671
I should be getting my H9 pair on monday, but I had no volume issues with the pair I tried in the shop recently. No doubt there are headphones able to play louder, but the H9's are plenty loud for my ears.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #452 of 1,671
  I should be getting my H9 pair on monday, but I had no volume issues with the pair I tried in the shop recently. No doubt there are headphones able to play louder, but the H9's are plenty loud for my ears.

same, never had a need to go past 80% using spotify both on my macbook and my iphone. it's usually around 60-65% while working in a noisy office, with ANC on.
only time I went to 100% was while listening to some youtube music videos, but that's because they were poorly made.

but I found out a new "problem". I left them to charge over night and they were blinking orange in the morning, as if they were not charged. when I connected them to my iphone, they reported 80% battery. this happened 2 times now. I don't have a feeling that the battery didn't last as advertised, looks like a software bug. any comments?

also, confirming that the bass got much better after burning in.

Jan 20, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #453 of 1,671
So does the H9 Bluetooth produce any sounds? White noise, clicking, tones etc. For me, any Bluetooth sound during playback is pretty much a dealbreaker.

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #456 of 1,671
  No doubt there are headphones able to play louder, but the H9's are plenty loud for my ears.

For which recording/album? That's the big question: does a wireless headphone have enough headroom to allow sufficient playback volume on quieter recordings?

My P7 Wireless on most recordings are perfect (for me) at about 50-60% volume, but I do run into recordings where I have to up the volume to 80% to be satisfied. My worry would be the B&O do not have enough output headroom to accommodate all recordings for my listening preference.

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #457 of 1,671
For which recording/album? That's the big question: does a wireless headphone have enough headroom to allow sufficient playback volume on quieter recordings?

My P7 Wireless on most recordings are perfect (for me) at about 50-60% volume, but I do run into recordings where I have to up the volume to 80% to be satisfied. My worry would be the B&O do not have enough output headroom to accommodate all recordings for my listening preference.
I only spent around 10-15 minutes (didn't have more time) and I only listened to various tracks streamed from Tidal. I don't know if there's a difference on various albums on Tidal? I should get my H9 the coming week.

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #461 of 1,671
I only spent around 10-15 minutes (didn't have more time) and I only listened to various tracks streamed from Tidal. I don't know if there's a difference on various albums on Tidal? I should get my H9 the coming week.

Here's a good example I found. As I mentioned, I find 50-60% volume on my P7 Wireless to be sufficient for most albums. But for, say, Pink Floyd's The Wall on Apple Music (which I'm listening to right now), I have to crank it to 80% to get an equivalent level of volume. The H9 possibly wouldn't give me enough headroom to be satisfied with that particular recording. I find a lot of older albums were mastered at lower volume levels which could prove problematic with a Bluetooth headset that didn't provide a sufficient max volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back