B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 17, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #421 of 1,671
How many of you guys/girls have owned the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0's? After returning my H9's, I decided to get the 2nd generation H6 and I really like them but the sound is relatively flat. They seem very accurate which is great but I am almost willing to deal with harsher highs if I get more bass. I might be a tiny tiny bit of a bass head. I am curious if anyone has the Momentums and can comment on the volume of them. I want to make sure prior to ordering that they are LOUDER than the H9's. I would love if they sounded close to the B&W P7 Wireless but didn't hurt my head. If not, I may just return the H6's and wait for the new ones from Sennheiser or Audio Technica.
Thanks in advance!

Jan 18, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #422 of 1,671
First findings:

SQ: great, bit bassy but like it very much. Way way better then QC35 and MDR1000x.
Looks: awesome! Perfect build, great quality.
Bluetooth: seems to work great
ANC: ANC? Huh not even expericienced any ANC. In other words: it's realy that worse... tried almost everywhere to gain info on the ANC on the H9's but there's almost no difference with ANC turned on. Still everything the same way / even somethings even louder. Tjilping of a bird it's still there while it's 60ft away. For this price 500,- euros its a no brainer: get the H7 which are here almost 200 euros cheaper. So I'm returning these and wait for something else

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #423 of 1,671
I'm contemplating buying these and give the QC35's to my girlfriend, but how do they work when taking calls via bluetooth in noisy areas? The QC35's work great even when I take calls on the bus, trains and outside in windy conditions so I'm wondering how well these will fare in the same conditions.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #424 of 1,671
First findings:

SQ: great, bit bassy but like it very much. Way way better then QC35 and MDR1000x.
ANC: ANC? Huh not even expericienced any ANC. In other words: it's realy that worse... tried almost everywhere to gain info on the ANC on the H9's but there's almost no difference with ANC turned on. Still everything the same way / even somethings even louder. Tjilping of a bird it's still there while it's 60ft away. For this price 500,- euros its a no brainer: get the H7 which are here almost 200 euros cheaper. So I'm returning these and wait for something else

That's not finding at all with the ANC, I think it works great, not QC35 great but also no Bose ear pressure.  :)

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #425 of 1,671
First findings:

honestly, you got a bum unit then. That is quite the opposite of the experience I've had

Jan 18, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #426 of 1,671
I have now used these for a month. They work better than expected. I have used them on planes a few times, and they work pretty well. Not as good as my qc25, but I actual prefer the H9 because of comfort and SQ. They did a good job keeping the aircraft noise out. TWhen I bought them I was worried about the anc, but it's not a problem. Don't worry about it, its good enough and you can enjoy the music without thinking about the world around you.  

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #428 of 1,671
sorry if this has been asked already, but can owners confirm if the H9s doesn't have the "redial last number" function when double tapping the earphone, or that it at least can be turned off?

I had the H8s and that particular function would drive me nuts, I would always redial by accident.

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #429 of 1,671
Quote:

How many of you guys/girls have owned the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless 2.0's? After returning my H9's, I decided to get the 2nd generation H6 and I really like them but the sound is relatively flat. They seem very accurate which is great but I am almost willing to deal with harsher highs if I get more bass. I might be a tiny tiny bit of a bass head. I am curious if anyone has the Momentums and can comment on the volume of them. I want to make sure prior to ordering that they are LOUDER than the H9's. I would love if they sounded close to the B&W P7 Wireless but didn't hurt my head. If not, I may just return the H6's and wait for the new ones from Sennheiser or Audio Technica.
Thanks in advance!

Currently own both. Have owned the Momentums for ~8 months and the H9s for ~1 month. I recently went on a vacation and brought both.

For volume the Momentums are quite a bit louder. I cannot not tolerate them on maximum for a second. The H9s are still (imo) much too loud when full, but nowhere near as loud.

That being said, I personally feel that the H9s are quite a bit better. Much, much more comfortable. More lively presentation. More detailed - you truly can tell. Bass on the H9s is definitely more, so ymmv on the acoustics front. Some people will HATE the sound signature.
Only main issues are the volume (that's a ymmv, I don't personally find it an issue) and sometimes the bass on the H9s can overpower some other lovely elements to a song, but these situations are not overly common. 

Momentums biggest assets would be the cost ($150-200 lower where I live), the great case they include and access (H9s required me to actually go to a B&O store). Also the lower bass can help to make them seem to present a larger soundstage but after A-Bing this I think it's more in your head than true. Cons are they do not sit as comfortably (although not bad), have some connection issues, a little less lively, and some reduced finesse to songs, just the little details.

Honestly both are great cans. For airplane use both are perfectly acceptable - cutting out most engine noise and leaving you with just your music. If you're after the Bose seal then look elsewhere, but in finding a good balance between ANC and SQ these are both great examples.

Summary - if the volume issues or price of the H9 is an issue for you then the Momentums are great too.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #430 of 1,671
  sorry if this has been asked already, but can owners confirm if the H9s doesn't have the "redial last number" function when double tapping the earphone, or that it at least can be turned off?

I had the H8s and that particular function would drive me nuts, I would always redial by accident.

Thanks!

It has that feature.
Haven't had that accidentally happen even once though, so perhaps it's been fine tuned?

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #431 of 1,671

It has that feature.
Haven't had that accidentally happen even once though, so perhaps it's been fine tuned?

Thanks. Sucks that it's still there but happy it doens't happen as frequently.

Cheers

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #432 of 1,671
If you are having volume issues on the iPhone, turn off Volume Limit, Sound Check and any EQ settings (all of which are found under Settings/Music).  All of these settings lower the available volume.  Use the B&O app for any equalizer settings.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #434 of 1,671
(I posted this in the H7 thread as well.)

I'm generally very happy with my H6v2 - but yes - that wire can be annoying. So I couldn't resist ordering the H7 and giving it a try. Leaving aside the audio quality for now, I have to say I'm disappointed with the Bluetooth artifacts.

Here are the artifacts I hear during audio playback:

• constant white noise in both ears
  • irregular ticking in the left ear
  • a constant high-pitched G7 tone in the right ear
  • irregular G5 tones in the right ear

Artifacts 1 and 2 will disappear 10 seconds after playback. Artifacts 3 and 4 will disappear 20-40 seconds after playback.

And no, I didn't have to be very attentive to hear these. They can be easily heard, especially during podcasts, audiobooks and the like. Only loud music will overpower them.

I've done most of the testing with aptX on my iMac and on my iPhone. With both, I experience the same artifacts.

Do I have faulty unit, or this something that all H7 headphones have? I'd love to hear your responses.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #435 of 1,671
Unfortunately you describe what I experienced with 2 H7 units back in December (2016) which I ordered, returned and ordered H9 from amazon uk. Those noises that you describe do not exist in the H9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back