B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread
Jan 31, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #511 of 1,671
Anyone who has the same? Leather getting loose at the end of the headband. Or is this just normal. Check thist post I just posted in the H7 thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/801926/b-o-h7-bluetooth-discussion-and-impressions/210#post_13222108

Jan 31, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #513 of 1,671

In case anyone was curious about the auto off function.. This is B&O's response. I had it where my headphones drained overnight. But per their explanation it shouldn't have drained as my headphones weren't connected to any bluetooth source overnight. (phone bluetooth was disabled)

That's more or less what they write in their Q&A section too: https://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15321/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4NTg2OTIzOS9zaWQvSDRSS2gzYW4%3D

Does Beoplay H9 have a power saving function? Yes, if Beoplay H9 is not paired or out of the Bluetooth range for 15 minutes or more, the headphone will automatically switch itself off to conserve power. However, if you want to switch it off while it is still within Bluetooth range, you can save power by pressing the center button for 5 seconds.

The "press the center button for 5 seconds" is a bit confusing I think. By "center button" I expect they mean the center of the touch controls. I have tried to "press" that for 5 seconds, but whether it changed to a low power mode I don't know as it provides no notification of any change.

I do think it would be nice if it was possible to configure them to automatically turn off or at least go into a low power mode after a certain amount of idle time.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #514 of 1,671
That's more or less what they write in their Q&A section too: https://bogo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15321/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4NTg2OTIzOS9zaWQvSDRSS2gzYW4%3D

The "press the center button for 5 seconds" is a bit confusing I think. By "center button" I expect they mean the center of the touch controls. I have tried to "press" that for 5 seconds, but whether it changed to a low power mode I don't know as it provides no notification of any change.

I do think it would be nice if it was possible to configure them to automatically turn off or at least go into a low power mode after a certain amount of idle time.

I agree on all counts. Thanks for the link. That's what I had read awhile before receiving my headphones so I was confused as to why it drained. I hope they fix it in the update.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #515 of 1,671
  Well, I think the GoCase is great. It fits perfect, doesn't smell and its high quality. The best case I have ever tried :)

The GoCase is great...you're right, but not 40 dollars better than the one I linked a few posts above yours.  I returned my GoCase after I got the one I linked, just because I couldn't believe I spent 60 bucks on a case!

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #516 of 1,671
The GoCase is great...you're right, but not 40 dollars better than the one I linked a few posts above yours.  I returned my GoCase after I got the one I linked, just because I couldn't believe I spent 60 bucks on a case!

I set up a return of my GoCase and have the one you linked to arriving today. I did not think the H9's fit that well in the GoCase. Is the fit better in this other case?

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #517 of 1,671
I set up a return of my GoCase and have the one you linked to arriving today. I did not think the H9's fit that well in the GoCase. Is the fit better in this other case?

I only have the H7s, so can't speak on the H9s (pretty sure they are exactly the same size).  But the H7s fit with enough room that the pads aren't being squished.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #518 of 1,671
Just collected my pair from my retailer, the build quality of these is simply incredible, extremely well put together. My earlier concern regarding the circular earcups turns out to be unfounded, maybe I have small ears but my ears fit in the cups nicely and the pads are very comfortable. I don't find volume to be a problem either - music gets sufficiently loud at 50-60% on my iPhone 7. To be honest, I didn't have much expectation with regards to bluetooth headphones(this is my first), but this exceeded my expectations and then some, it has a very engaging sound signature, suppose it will be easy to get lost in music when travelling. Maybe it is the new toy syndrome talking but I think it is good enough for me that I am considering to use them at home as well. If nothing, being able to walk around the house while still being connected to my home library is a big plus by itself. 

I tried the Sony 1000x for a bit while I was there, and it really doesn't compare(sound quality, comfort, and especially build quality), but I do think that ANC on the Sony is (alot) better but I find the H9's to be "good enough", it also has a noticeably less "vacuum feeling" on my ears compared to the Sony making them far more comfortable to me overall. But then my priority is sound quality then ANC, if ANC is your first priority then the 1000x should be given more consideration.

Edit: I find it incredible that B&O didn't include a hard case for these, it would have been a perfect package if they throw in a hard case for travellers. Now I have to use the given cloth pouch until my hard case arrive, shame.

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #519 of 1,671

I only have the H7s, so can't speak on the H9s (pretty sure they are exactly the same size).  But the H7s fit with enough room that the pads aren't being squished.

Thanks for this - just arrived from Amazon.  H9's fit just as well as the GoCase - perhaps even better.  Case is $23 instead of $50 - I think it is nicer - and the zippers work better.

Just ordered a second case for my wife

Jan 31, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #522 of 1,671
My replacement H9's arrived today....(my first set was DOA)

AMAZING!

I love 'em. I have been a happy H8 owner since they came out, but the full ear cups of the H9 are awesome, and the sound is beyond good.

Listening via Bluetooth to Google Play music on a Sony Xperia Z2 tablet, with full aptX. When I paired them the screen message read "aptX device connected."

Next up? Watching some killer 4K shows on my Samsung UHD-TV, which has full surround sound via Bluetooth headphones.

Life is good!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who tried to get my dead headphones up and running...just a fluke bad pair. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #523 of 1,671
I do like my BeoPlay H9 so far, but I'm tempted to grab my BeoPlay H7. The battery life on the H9's are not even close to the H7's. Even when using them with ANC disabled they don't seem to last even half as long as the H7.

Feb 2, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #524 of 1,671
Hello guys!

Has anyone compared the SQ headphones H6 vs H9?
My H6 I've been sold along with the player and can't remember all the SQ details.
But I recently bought the new H9 model (not listening to) and use it in conjunction with the DX200.

What I noticed that H9 more bass and probably have a fuller and 3D sound, with better soundproofing. Maybe if toning down the bass there would be more details.

Who can say about the comparison of H6 and H9?
Thanks

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #525 of 1,671
  Hello guys!

Has anyone compared the SQ headphones H6 vs H9?
My H6 I've been sold along with the player and can't remember all the SQ details.
But I recently bought the new H9 model (not listening to) and use it in conjunction with the DX200.

What I noticed that H9 more bass and probably have a fuller and 3D sound, with better soundproofing. Maybe if toning down the bass there would be more details.

Who can say about the comparison of H6 and H9?
Thanks

I think if you read back through the posts you will see other opinions but i have both the H6 1st gen, 2nd gen and H9's and the H6's are more of a flat/neutral sound while the H9's have way more bass and more of a V tuning. I prefer the H6's on every front except that pesky cable.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back