B.M.C. Announces PureDAC
Sep 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #92 of 291
Cheers guys, much appreciated from both of you.

Now we need impressions from someone familiar with one or more of its direct rivals, although if I have anything new and meaningful to add in the next few weeks, I certainly will.

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #93 of 291
Cheers guys, much appreciated from both of you.

Now we need impressions from someone familiar with one or more of its direct rivals, although if I have anything new and meaningful to add in the next few weeks, I certainly will.

Hey man, nice review!

I'll be watching this space for the Bifrost Uber showdown! :p

Sep 19, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #95 of 291
After the delays for the PureDAC, I ended us getting a Dangerous Music Source. I love it and it was "only" $900.

Sep 20, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #98 of 291

Really? There's quite a few no named ones around. Mostly made from Diy parts.

There maybe some from those DIY's but I'm not that familiar with them. Actually I've been waiting for fully balance desktop DAC/Amp for the good price as well as sound quality for a long time so this make me feel quite excited especially this is from known company.

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #99 of 291
There maybe some from those DIY's but I'm not that familiar with them. Actually I've been waiting for fully balance desktop DAC/Amp for the good price as well as sound quality for a long time so this make me feel quite excited especially this is from known company.

Strictly speaking, the Audiolab M-MAC may be used as a balanced output headphone amp as the line outputs are the same as the headphone outputs, the designer encourages owners to use the balanced line outs to drive balanced headphones.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #101 of 291
I had a call from Brian of AaImports and the first batch have arrived on shore. I believe there may be a few not presold so you can contact you dealer or if there are none nearby, contact Brian.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #102 of 291
Although I've had limited listening time, mine has been going from strength to strength. I took Carlos' suggestion to re-terminate my Beyer T1 for balanced. It sounds fantastic.

Audio Addict, look forward to your impressions, especially if you still have the PWD2 in house?

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #103 of 291
Impressions! Let's go.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #104 of 291
Audio Addict, look forward to your impressions, especially if you still have the PWD2 in house?

I still have the PWD MKII but headphones are through a RSA Apache. My T1, HE500 and HE6 are balanced but with the dual 3 pin xlr. I do have a converter cable to the 4 pin balance.

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #105 of 291
Looking forward to your expressions. I am selling my w4s dac2 for a source update. I just don't think it will be a good pair with my new Stax O2. Any ideas on how good the puredac is compare to CD players of the same price range (both in balanced setup)? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back