B.M.C. Announces PureDAC
Jul 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #62 of 291
Visit a local audio shop yesterday.

Just out from box, can't told too much.

When play DSD files, it's sound quite nice.

Should be better after burning more days, will visit again.

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #64 of 291
Hmmm.... This or the NAD M51
confused.gif

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #66 of 291
Quote:

If needs a DAC for your setup, personally prefer M51.

I'm also thinking about having a dynamic headphone setup apart from my electrostatic setup, though. Have you tried both of them pairing with your electrostatic headphones? I'm the one who PMed you at Headphoneclub, btw.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #67 of 291
Quote:
Hmmm.... This or the NAD M51
confused.gif

Should be this or the M51 OR the Hilo. Although, BMC is a reputable company it's way too early to put this up with either of the aforementioned.

Love the looks and size. Can't wait for impressions of how this thing sounds as a DAC. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #68 of 291
Dang! They pushed the date back yet again. Someone tell Project86 to review this thing, I think it's time to move on.

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #69 of 291
I don't find the delays either that unexpected or that excessive. I remember being interested in Ray Samuels phono stage, "The Nighthawk" and it's release was pushed back more than six months despite having no changes in technology or software, whereas the PureDac was delayed primarily to incorporate DSD. Another example of a new product that had it's release date extended again and again was the Bryston Headphone Amp. And again, Bryston had no technological change to deal with, just delays in parts and manufacturing implementation. I was going to buy both of those products and chose others due to the delays. I am glad I opted out on the Nighthawk as it proved to be mostly unimpressive. I kind of wish I had waited for the Bryston as I am not all that impressed by the Violectric V200. But I digress. I am happy to wait for the PureDac and if it somehow proves mediocre, I will sell it.
BMC owns it's own dedicated factory in China, from what I've read. The first PureDacs shipped on Thursday (according to Drew at Moon Audio) and shipping is variable but 3-4 weeks is the norm.

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #70 of 291
Quote:
I don't find the delays either that unexpected or that excessive. I remember being interested in Ray Samuels phono stage, "The Nighthawk" and it's release was pushed back more than six months despite having no changes in technology or software, whereas the PureDac was delayed primarily to incorporate DSD. Another example of a new product that had it's release date extended again and again was the Bryston Headphone Amp. And again, Bryston had no technological change to deal with, just delays in parts and manufacturing implementation. I was going to buy both of those products and chose others due to the delays. I am glad I opted out on the Nighthawk as it proved to be mostly unimpressive. I kind of wish I had waited for the Bryston as I am not all that impressed by the Violectric V200. But I digress. I am happy to wait for the PureDac and if it somehow proves mediocre, I will sell it.
BMC owns it's own dedicated factory in China, from what I've read. The first PureDacs shipped on Thursday (according to Drew at Moon Audio) and shipping is variable but 3-4 weeks is the norm.

I suppose I am disappointed by BMC's customer support. Moon-Audio doesn't really know anything (no fault of their own) BMC has pretty much been unreachable, or, uh, 
unresponsive.

Unless this is a giant killer my interest has wained, still look forward to reading some kind of review, ya know, if this thing ever shows up. Still love its looks and BMC
has a reputation for quality products. 

Aug 22, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #71 of 291
I just had an email from the distributor and 50 have shipped but by the slow boat from China. They said to check back in 10 to 14 days.

If anyone is interested, they do have the manual out on the www.bmc-audio.com website.

Aug 23, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #72 of 291
As I see they are using USB 3.0 input: http://www.bmc-audio.com/index.php/PureDAC-EN.html

Well, I don't know but having usb 3.0 just getting it out of my short list since I invested a couple of reference grade usb A to B 2.0/1.0 interface. And I highly doubt that it will be compatible to usb 3.0 B type input port.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #73 of 291
Quote:
As I see they are using USB 3.0 input: http://www.bmc-audio.com/index.php/PureDAC-EN.html

Well, I don't know but having usb 3.0 just getting it out of my short list since I invested a couple of reference grade usb A to B 2.0/1.0 interface. And I highly doubt that it will be compatible to usb 3.0 B type input port.

It's still XMOS and usb 2.0. The 3.0 type B is just there for convenience. No actual XMOS module (atm) is actually running on usb 3.0 yet.

The manual also said you can use either type B 2.0 or 3.0.

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #74 of 291
I just had an email from the distributor and 50 have shipped but by the slow boat from China. They said to check back in 10 to 14 days.

If anyone is interested, they do have the manual out on the www.bmc-audio.com website.

I broke down and ordered the Puredac from Vapor Audio out of St. Louis. There still were some available from the first shipment. When it comes in, I will drive down and spend the day at the dealer listening both through Headphones and the dealers custom speakers to really get to experience the Puredac.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #75 of 291
Excellent. I look forward to your impressions. Interested in a DAC that retrieves (or portrays?) more of the subtle, low-level information. Hard to know what specific claims BMC makes for this DAC, but it's certainly on my list of contenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back