B.M.C. Announces PureDAC
Feb 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #139 of 291
Hi guys can someone recommend where to buy the pure dac from. i'm in Australia and i contacted BMC directly and was disappointed that their price was way more expensive than the price quoted on the web. Also mentioned that i was interested in demoing the unit to fellow hifi'ers that maybe interested and to possibly look at being a dealer but they didn't seem to change the higher price they quoted me. Regards Leon.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #141 of 291
I recall A2A being a distributor for BMC gear?

Unless you can wait within a few months when I'll be ordering one?

They're not. Well, at least not listed on the online store.

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #142 of 291
Glad to hear you might order one DefQon.

I hooked up my ageing Lambda Pro to the PureDac in December.

What a difference! I got a lot more of the lower-end body, weight and texture I like while still keeping all the higher up detail and staging. It easily betters my Beyer T1.

Quite a lesson there. I guess I was too quick to dismiss the Lambda in the past because of the DACs I was using!

Unless you can wait within a few months when I'll be ordering one?

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #146 of 291
Excellent John, thanks. Lot of background information I didn't know and valuable comparative information with other dacs, as usual. Timbral accuracy and resolution - yes!! Just what I hear - my ears are tuned for piano...

I took my PureDAC out of my office and into my speaker system recently - superb. What I didn't do was feed the power amp balanced. Will now try this :beerchug:

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #149 of 291
  In case anyone was waiting for it (I think a few people were), here is my review of the PureDAC - sorry for the delay!

LINK

In summary - a fantastic DAC, and more importantly, an exceptional all-in-one for driving most headphones directly. One of my top recommendations from now on.

Nice!  Thanks!

Apr 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #150 of 291
  In case anyone was waiting for it (I think a few people were), here is my review of the PureDAC - sorry for the delay!

LINK

In summary - a fantastic DAC, and more importantly, an exceptional all-in-one for driving most headphones directly. One of my top recommendations from now on.

I agree the DAC is great as I have it connected into my system paired against a PWD MKII and it holds its own very well.  I run it balance into a RSA Apache.  The PWD MKII is also running balance into the Apache.  On the headphone amplifier side, I think it is a very good headphone amplifier but I prefer my RSA Apache or even the RSA Raptor to the PureDac's headphone amplifier. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back