Axpona 2018 Head-Fi Meetup + Discount code

Will you be attending the Head-Fi reception at Axpona this year??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #61 of 81
Do we have an impresions thread yet? I walked around the show room floor a little, shook some hands and got a few sneak peaks!

For Now I'll have to just link my Instagram, it seems the Buisness center here at the hotel is... very very very limited

Shouts out to @iFi audio for being so friendly, loved how the iDSD Micro BL sounded! Looking forward to a longer demo soooon!!!!

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #62 of 81
20180412_202157.jpg

This was really the highlight of my night! I believe the room was a join effort involving The Audio Company out of Atlanta who were showcasing these amazing speakers and their subsequant systems. I didn't quite catch the names of each as they were still doing some final tweaks and cleaning but I did get to hear two songs and give them some input of which seat was the "sweeter" of the sweet spot chairs.

I'm happy to see we all some what unaimously agree'd on which seat we felt sounded best. Overall though these were superbly impressive, much more so than the Maggie 3.7i's I heard a year ago or so in Upstaris Audio of Columbia.

Even with the vaccum cleaner running in the background it, the sound was well balanced and tactile. There was a sense of weight & Physicality not just in the bass but the mid range and up top! Very life like indeed,

20180412_202038.jpg
20180412_200841.jpg
20180412_200137.jpg
20180412_200134.jpg
20180412_200101.jpg
20180412_200030.jpg
20180412_200008.jpg
20180412_195948.jpg
20180412_195900.jpg
20180412_195741.jpg
20180412_195818.jpg

Here are some pics I shot at the end of the first day of set up! Nothing was ready to listen to just yet but from everything that wasn't under sheets I can tell tommorow's going to be a real treat!

I do see an impressions thread is up!

@AxelCloris & @joe you guys are welcome to remove this once I repost everything there. At this time I'm on Mobile so it's taking me a little longer to do everything I'd like to!

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #65 of 81
ooh, a stax table. I'll be spending some time there.

Right like wise!

Also since were still technically in the day before the meet I have a proposal!

I'm in Chicago but I've never had actual Deep Dish Pizza, so if any of you are free I'd love to travel into the city and enjoy some Luminate's deep dish pizza. Also if any of you are local and can drive I think all of us out of towners would be happy to car pool with you and spilt the gas costs. Plus if your willing to drive me back to my hotel I'll get you a couple of beers while we are out and about and lunch at Johnny's Beef anytime before monday!

AN speaking of food, I got to try some Johnnys Beef today and it was SUPERB!

Apr 13, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #66 of 81
Right like wise!

Also since were still technically in the day before the meet I have a proposal!

I'm in Chicago but I've never had actual Deep Dish Pizza, so if any of you are free I'd love to travel into the city and enjoy some Luminate's deep dish pizza. Also if any of you are local and can drive I think all of us out of towners would be happy to car pool with you and spilt the gas costs. Plus if your willing to drive me back to my hotel I'll get you a couple of beers while we are out and about and lunch at Johnny's Beef anytime before monday!

AN speaking of food, I got to try some Johnnys Beef today and it was SUPERB!

lol. I think you mean Lou Malnatis. Although, enlightened individuals do love their pizza. get ready for the arguments about how deep dish isnt really chicago pizza. (eye roll)

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #68 of 81
lol. I think you mean Lou Malnatis. Although, enlightened individuals do love their pizza. get ready for the arguments about how deep dish isnt really chicago pizza. (eye roll)

Lol right! Either way I would love to go into the city tomorrow and explore the Pizza culture and hopefully contribute to the arguments. AN thank you for the spelling correction!

@iFi audio good to see you guys again today! Hoping to hear the iDSD Pro tomorrow ^^

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #70 of 81
Oooh that looks good <.< again if any one is down to car Pool [of course we'll spilt the gas cost 100%] I'm all for a trip into the city after the show for a night of beef, beers and PIZZA!!!! An again I'll treat our driver to a single beer of his choice! My way of saying thanking but also keeping ya in good mind for the drive lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back