Axpona 2018 Head-Fi Meetup + Discount code

Will you be attending the Head-Fi reception at Axpona this year??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #16 of 81
Nah, I make it weird when you're there. It was more a friendly warning to the others. :p Pretty sure Zach was trying to flee when we were eating at RAM.

But in all seriousness guys, don't worry about it. This is nothing the restraining order won't take care of. :wink:

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #17 of 81
But in all seriousness guys, don't worry about it. This is nothing the restraining order won't take care of. :wink:
MY44x_s-200x150.gif

Getting back to food, there looks to be a number of places around the convention center to grab a bite. A few are within walking distance and there are several more a short drive away. I'll be at the show all three days, so we could always go out for more than one meal.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #18 of 81
MY44x_s-200x150.gif

Getting back to food, there looks to be a number of places around the convention center to grab a bite. A few are within walking distance and there are several more a short drive away. I'll be at the show all three days, so we could always go out for more than one meal.

Nice! I look forward to it! An if any one is local with a vehicle I'd love to carpool! I intend to LYFT but I'd be more fun to ride with one of you guys and talk shop there and back

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #19 of 81
Just booked my flights! Good excuse to visit my daughter, who is attending SAIC. And like many Millennials she's into vinyl, so she's actually interested in coming to AXPONA with me. $10 with a student ID.

I RSVPed via the poll for one, because I don't eat pizza but I think we can count on the college kid to indulge.

Also, neither of us looks like my avatar.

Mar 9, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #21 of 81
I will be coming up for all 3 days. Any recommendations for a DAC / Amp desktop? A friend is looking at the Sennheiser HDV820 or the Sony equivalent.
The HDV 820 and TA-ZH1ES are two great options. I wouldn't recommend the HDV 820 with low impedance headphones. The 80Ω Utopia sounded "off" paired with the HDV 820, but the HDV 820 absolutely sang with Sennheiser's own 300Ω HD 800 and HD 800 S. It's like they were made for each other, whoda thunk? I've used both at home in the past, and both are great products, but I've been sticking with the Chord Hugo 2 as my DAC/amp lately.

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #22 of 81
I will be coming up for all 3 days. Any recommendations for a DAC / Amp desktop? A friend is looking at the Sennheiser HDV820 or the Sony equivalent.

+1 to what @AxelCloris said. The amp section is pretty dang good on the the HDV820 if you have the right headphones for it, but I'll also add that the DAC section in there isn't all that impressive for the price - it's more or less Mojo quality. IMO, the Hugo 2 is much more impressive as far as the digital side of things goes. It's a little bit of a tradeoff, but I feel the Hugo 2 is a higher quality product and ultimate gives your friend more flexibility if he wants to run direct or add an amp component later.

Mar 9, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #23 of 81
Just booked my flights! Good excuse to visit my daughter, who is attending SAIC. And like many Millennials she's into vinyl, so she's actually interested in coming to AXPONA with me. $10 with a student ID.

I RSVPed via the poll for one, because I don't eat pizza but I think we can count on the college kid to indulge.

Also, neither of us looks like my avatar.

I also look nothing like my avatar.

Mar 9, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #24 of 81
I also look nothing like my avatar.

Oh thank gawd! I was terrified for a few seconds there just thinking about that one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back