Axpona 2018 Head-Fi Meetup + Discount code

Will you be attending the Head-Fi reception at Axpona this year??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #46 of 81
Driving around AXPONA isn't bad at all. You're outside the Chicago city limits, and Schaumburg/Rosemont area traffic has always been manageable whenever I've been in the area. I'm out that way a couple times every year and the traffic patterns always feel the same as back home.

thank you for clarification, outside of city limits is what i needed to hear, i think i can handle it after all then :) cheers mate

Apr 10, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #47 of 81
Anyone from Indiana going to this? Please PM me, I am afraid to drive in a big city like Chicago, would pay to carpool with someone.

Agree with @AxelCloris . You can take one of the interstates that doesn't run through the city. Like 294 or 355, depending on where you are coming from. Should avoid all city traffic with either of those.

Apr 10, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #50 of 81
Has anyone heard if Monoprice will be there? I didn’t seem to see them listed on the website.

I’d really like to hear that liquid platinum !
In my past experience, if they aren't on the site they likely won't be at the show. The AXPONA crew seems to be on-the-spot with updating the exhibitor list when new companies are added.

Apr 10, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #51 of 81
Has anyone heard if Monoprice will be there? I didn’t seem to see them listed on the website.

I’d really like to hear that liquid platinum !

Monoprice seems to be a very private company, also, I doubt they will show their face after blatantly violating copyright laws and stealing half of Audeze's designs and undercutting them in price. lol

isine and M300 for one example, though I have a feeling it goes much deeper than that, as their Monolith audio series is very new

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #57 of 81
Just to clarify, both 294 and 355 are toll roads so be prepared, especially without an iPass.
Coming from Indiana, they can probably take 65 to 94 to 290 to get there without tolls. That's what I did every time I drove to Chicago from Cincinnati. Hasn't changed all that much now that I'm in Detroit. Downside is traffic can be pretty damned slow during rush hour, especially if they're still doing construction near the 290 interchange.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #58 of 81
Coming from Indiana, they can probably take 65 to 94 to 290 to get there without tolls. That's what I did every time I drove to Chicago from Cincinnati. Hasn't changed all that much now that I'm in Detroit. Downside is traffic can be pretty damned slow during rush hour, especially if they're still doing construction near the 290 interchange.
Wasn't the original purpose of this geography lesson to avoid Chicago traffic? 94 and 290 can have brutal traffic.

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #59 of 81
Chicago's highway traffic is a lot like driving in any major city when traffic slows to a crawl; you're not moving quickly, but it's not a madhouse. My impression from caenlenfromOCN's post was that they don't want to do any city street driving. I can totally understand that too, because some areas of Chicago proper are a pain to navigate if you don't know where the area. The area around Navy Pier comes to mind.

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #60 of 81
Coming with 2 or 3 headfiers. I look forward to meeting yall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back