Avengers movie reviews
May 4, 2012 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got back from seeing the midnight showing of the Avenger's movie, it's a comic book collectors wet dream.
I'm sure I'm going to see it at least twice more.
Down side is you have to sit thru 18 minutes of that pre-movie stuff.
So feel free to be very late to the showing.
Also after the movie ends, there are two extra scenes, one after the main credits, and one at the end of the full credits.

May 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #2 of 14
Love it, but it'll only make full sense if you have seen Ironman 1 (less) and 2 (more), Thor and Captain America before this. Just pointing out the obvious for those who haven't seen the movie.

May 5, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:
Love it, but it'll only make full sense if you have seen Ironman 1 (less) and 2 (more), Thor and Captain America before this. Just pointing out the obvious for those who haven't seen the movie.

This actually wasn't obvious to me... guess I won't have time to see the requisite films before Avengers is out of theaters :frowning2:  Sad

May 5, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #5 of 14
I think there will be a Black Widow movie and possibly a Hawkeye movie in the future as well, so... yeah :wink:

May 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #8 of 14
Would you guys say its like a true mix of the separate super hero movies(Iron Man, Thor, etc) or that it leans more towards one or the others? Im asking because I liked one of those movies a lot more than the others.

May 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 14
Watched it a week ago.. It's fun and packed with action but the turn of events are a bit too predictable. I'd give it a [6/10 + 2/10 (for SJ)] = 8/10. 
smile.gif

May 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #10 of 14
It's a true mix. Most of them get an equal amount of screen time. Hawkeye a little less as his character is presented strangely the first half of the movie (not posting spoilers). 

Quote:
Would you guys say its like a true mix of the separate super hero movies(Iron Man, Thor, etc) or that it leans more towards one or the others? Im asking because I liked one of those movies a lot more than the others.

I noticed it was more important to know some of the comics rather than the other movies. You can enjoy it as it's just a fun movie, but I think it's much better having seen the other films and knowing the comics. 

Quote:

This actually wasn't obvious to me... guess I won't have time to see the requisite films before Avengers is out of theaters :frowning2:  Sad

As for me...I liked it. I was really worried because I thought the first 30 minutes or so of the movie was terrible. The opening scene was just...boring...but it ended up being hilarious and action packed. The Hulk and Thor scenes were my favorites.

May 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #11 of 14
Saw the movie last night and it was quite entertaining. I had my doubts about the screen time for each character seeing as how there are many of them, but it exceeded my expectations.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back