Available - RSA "The Black Bird" SR-71A, Redesigned, Resized AMP images page 1,28, 33, 34, 39 . Mini review: 40, 41, 45 .
Nov 19, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #616 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, it appears that the newer generation of amps, at least the ones I have, are doing better, or making the UM2's sound better. I had tried them, the UM2's, only briefly with the 71A but upon further listen now I am much more happy. The 71A with these IEM's is open and airy with integrated bass and quality separation of singers/instruments.

By newer generation, do you mean the 71a compared to the 71?

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #617 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if Ray is completely out by now
smily_headphones1.gif

Out of stock on SR-71As?

If so, he isn't. He has already stated that he still has a few more, even some black chassis that were damaged with some scratches but he asked his manufacturer to do new ones.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #619 of 674
People with tysonics who claim to hear an improvement how so did the amp improve? I needed rechargeable so I went ahead and bought a pair (newer blue ones with gold connectors) but I want to hear the improvements found so I know what to look for when I receive them

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #620 of 674
Quote:

People with tysonics who claim to hear an improvement how so did the amp improve? I needed rechargeable so I went ahead and bought a pair (newer blue ones with gold connectors) but I want to hear the improvements found so I know what to look for when I receive them

Why not wait until you get them and judge for yourself. That way there will be no influence on what you think you should or should not hear. Maybe you will hear a change and maybe not.

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #622 of 674
Quote:

well I like knowing what others have heard so I don't convince myself into hearing something that was not really there.

Ok but if you don't know what to expect, how do you know what to convince yourself of?

I find the Tysonic to be more transparent and the sound to be more refined and the soundstage is a little larger.

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #623 of 674
Quote:

I went back through this thread and gathered a few of the things that I'd posted about what I hear with the Tysonic ULD 9V compared to others:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack
In terms of delivering greater effective dynamic range, blacker background and a consequently greater palpable sense of the music, my own ranking is: Tysonic > MAHA 9.6V (8 cell) > MAHA 9V (7 cell)

With these batteries, the sound seems to my ear to have more depth to it (in dynamic range and spatially). With the Ultra Low Self-Discharge batteries, the Blackbird takes a step closer to the sound from my Mapletree stationary tube amp - with a noticeable measure more of lushness, liquidity and openness than with my second favorite batteries for the BlackBird: MAHA 9.6V (230 mAh) rechargeables.

Nov 24, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #624 of 674
Thanks for posting your findings! Cannot wait to get mine in.

Update: Just got em opened em up along with the charger now have em plugged in and letting them run....will post on my findings

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #627 of 674
For me the amp is more refined, as noted above. I can't really put a % on it. It just refines the amp and gives better transient response. It is well worth it to me. Why not have the best sound out of it? I mean it sounds great anyway but I just enjoy the extra everything with the Tysonics.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #629 of 674
It may be sensitive to different batteries, but is it sensitive enough so that when I pass gas over here, the micro-changes in air density is detected as a subtle impact on sound quality of your SR-71A over there?

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #630 of 674
It's obvious that some of us do not buy into the whole "tysonics make it sound better" bit, but I would imagine we could be more accepting of others' opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back