Available - RSA "The Black Bird" SR-71A, Redesigned, Resized AMP images page 1,28, 33, 34, 39 . Mini review: 40, 41, 45 .
Dec 2, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #647 of 674
A home amp is great, and I love my modified Woo 6 but sometimes you just want to light something up quick or go to another room or walk around or as with the 71A, enjoy its interpretation of the music.

There are only a couple left from what I understand. That 500 went fast.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:45 PM Post #648 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A home amp is great, and I love my modified Woo 6 but sometimes you just want to light something up quick or go to another room or walk around or as with the 71A, enjoy its interpretation of the music.

There are only a couple left from what I understand. That 500 went fast.

All SR-71A are gone, just waiting for 10 chassis to arive to ship the last SR-71 which ARE spoken for.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #649 of 674
Wow, that's sad. And has been pretty fast too. I'm glad I could get one
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #650 of 674
Well I have had the SR71A fired up today and I have to say that paired up with the ESW10's, the sound is impressive. The thwack of drums on some of the Grateful Dead stuff is great and the audience sounds can startle me with the realism. The 71A exhibits very good control and frequency range with these phones. Wow, what drive.

Mar 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM Post #651 of 674
Quote:

Well I have had the SR71A fired up today and I have to say that paired up with the ESW10's, the sound is impressive. The thwack of drums on some of the Grateful Dead stuff is great and the audience sounds can startle me with the realism. The 71A exhibits very good control and frequency range with these phones. Wow, what drive.

How do you like the SR71a fed by the D10?

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #652 of 674
Quote:

Is the ESW10 hard to drive?

Mar 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #653 of 674
ESW10s aren't difficult to drive at all, but like Jamato says, the SR71A with the ESW10s provide a particularly good synergy, not only in terms of control & frequency range, but in terms of the filigree of sound. The instrumental separation that can be achieved with this portable set-up is pretty sweet. Another approach is TTVJ Portable Millett, which adds more flesh and blood to the sound with the ESW10JPN, but loses a bit of air.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #654 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you. I like the ESW10, so I'll give this pairing a listen at the NYC Meet if possible.

Also, forgive me, but what is "the filigree of sound"?

It could be translated as: The fine intricate rendering of notes woven into an emotional fingering of sound that wafts upon the air and loses nothing in the transition from electrical impulses to final resting place upon your tympanic membrane.

Or not.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #655 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ESW10s aren't difficult to drive at all, but like Jamato says, the SR71A with the ESW10s provide a particularly good synergy, not only in terms of control & frequency range, but in terms of the filigree of sound. The instrumental separation that can be achieved with this portable set-up is pretty sweet. Another approach is TTVJ Portable Millett, which adds more flesh and blood to the sound with the ESW10JPN, but loses a bit of air.

Thank you. I like the ESW10, so I'll give this pairing a listen at the NYC Meet if possible.

Also, forgive me, but what is "the filigree of sound"?

Mar 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #656 of 674
Quote:

It could be translated as: The fine intricate rendering of notes woven into an emotional fingering of sound that wafts upon the air and loses nothing in the transition from electrical impulses to final resting place upon your tympanic membrane.

Whoa! That's deep!

-HK sends

Mar 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #657 of 674
Quote:

Totally agree, this morning I use SR-71A with my recently acquired AD2000 and it is really impressive. I think this amp pair up really well with Audio Techinca headphones. I was think selling the SR-71A earlier, now I have to listen more on this combo.

Mar 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #658 of 674
Quote:

Or not.

I guess that means it really sounds good.
L3000.gif

May 4, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #660 of 674
Well I just noticed the 71a appears to be available again on a limited basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back