Available - RSA "The Black Bird" SR-71A, Redesigned, Resized AMP images page 1,28, 33, 34, 39 . Mini review: 40, 41, 45 .
Jul 9, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #76 of 674
Based on the former posts on this thread, combined with my e-mails from RSA, I don't really know for sure...but I am gonna guess maybe this upcoming weekend or the Monday after.
That's maybe!

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #77 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anybody have any info as to when this bad boy's gonna come out?? I meanwith Xin back on the scene and my reference on order for 1yr + don't know whether to wait for Ray or to tell Xin to ship my Reference??? Altho must say i tilt toward Ray knowing his customer servce through four amps--Tomahawk. Hornet, Predator, SR-71--and it's been truly outstanding.

They all offer different flavors in the same pot, Music. It should be interesting, as always. We do get great products from people that put in extreme time and effort.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #78 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on the former posts on this thread, combined with my e-mails from RSA, I don't really know for sure...but I am gonna guess maybe this upcoming weekend or the Monday after.
That's maybe!

that would be most interesting and something to look forward to.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:41 AM Post #79 of 674
Hey tnmike1 - the correct answer is to get both and see which one you like best........you may even keep both and sell one of your current amps. You'll never know until you try them. I recently added an order for another Xin, and always liked the SR-71, so waiting to see what happens with the new one.
FWIW - re comments about signatures above. The Profiles are now all gone....which kind of bothers me, since I was rather meticulous about mine - keeping it properly updated. I also liked the section of posts/threads started when wanting to more properly recall a certain post or thread by someone else. Now, all gone.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #80 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW - re comments about signatures above. The Profiles are now all gone....which kind of bothers me

Profiles? gone?

Jul 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #81 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
II have had people state that they were glad I had the signature because it allowed them to know what I have and then they could ask questions. I have also had emails that people enjoyed visiting my website.

All of which "people" can do by accessing your profile and sparing the rest of us from your hi-jacking screen real estate with the same humongous gear and hobby list being repeated over and over in every thread you participate in.
frown.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #83 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Profiles? gone?

Mine's working. Could be a bug or user error....

Headphone Inventory
AKG 701, 271S, K1000, HD650, Proline 750, se530

Owned Ed9, Denon D2000
Headphone Amp Inventory
GLite, Pico, Mini3, Pint

Owned Opera w/DAC, Move, HornetM, Corda MKIII USB, cmoy
Source Inventory
Parasound 1600 D/AC, MH 25.2 RAM modded, D-EJ721, iBasso D1, iMod, H140

wink.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #85 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After Head-fi's server woes, many (perhaps all?) of the profiles disappeared. I had to re-enter mine after that, but all is OK with profiles once again.

I keep a backup copy in a text file...

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #86 of 674
I don't remember what was in mine. Guess it doesn't matter. Maybe the shadow knows.

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:26 AM Post #87 of 674
Quote:

I don't remember what was in mine. Guess it doesn't matter. Maybe the shadow knows.

I like the new sig line, cool beans!

Jul 11, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #88 of 674
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey tnmike1 - the correct answer is to get both and see which one you like best........you may even keep both and sell one of your current amps. You'll never know until you try them. I recently added an order for another Xin, and always liked the SR-71, so waiting to see what happens with the new one.
FWIW - re comments about signatures above. The Profiles are now all gone....which kind of bothers me, since I was rather meticulous about mine - keeping it properly updated. I also liked the section of posts/threads started when wanting to more properly recall a certain post or thread by someone else. Now, all gone.

No, profiles are back, just rearranged in folder-type schematics when you click on the name of the person. I personally like the new structure. But that's just me.

Or are you talking about profiles below the "sig" line???

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #89 of 674
Quote:

I don't remember what was in mine.

I remember. It was a part of what made you... you. I clicked on every link, and still read all your rankings. Thanks for doin that.
BTW I really love your photos, and I recognize several of them from way before I joined Head-Fi.
I like this community.
EDIT: also noticed the recent updates.

Jul 12, 2008 at 3:51 PM Post #90 of 674
Back to the SR-71a, would anyone who has heard the SR71 and the Predator care to comment on sonic differences between the two?

I am going to either purchase a Predator, or wait for the SR71-a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back