Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
May 28, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #334 of 447

Quote:
Those two cards sound very different as you will notice when you test both out.

How do those two cards compare? Based on music, movies, gaming and the headphone amp, which would you recommend? I intend to pick up either of the two next week with my new computer system and seeing as how you auditioned both cards I would like to know what you think.

May 28, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #335 of 447
Thanks Robscix
smile.gif

Quote:
Read back a few pages where we talk about some good opamp upgrades.

As I mentioned in my original post, I am really really new in OPAMPs
I heard there are different sockets of even the same OPAMP;
also different state (not sure if this is the right word) of the same OPAMP; and
even the insert direction has to be right or the card will be fried ?

Is that right?
anyway, thank you for showing me the path
beerchug.gif

May 28, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #337 of 447

Quote:
Thanks Robscix
smile.gif

As I mentioned in my original post, I am really really new in OPAMPs
I heard there are different sockets of even the same OPAMP;
also different state (not sure if this is the right word) of the same OPAMP; and
even the insert direction has to be right or the card will be fried ?

Is that right?
anyway, thank you for showing me the path
beerchug.gif

Yes, you have to make sure the orientation is correct.  Most opamps will come in different packages, such as DIP8, SOIC8 and TO-99.  What you are looking for to use on this card is a dual channel DIP8.  You can use some of the others but you need adapters, which can make them more difficult for the beginner.  If you have any questions let me know, I will help you out if I can.

May 29, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #338 of 447
this is fun. i got the bravura this morning then didn't really fiddle with it till this afternoon. changed in the headphone opamp for the front channel, set mode 1 to setting 4 and it sounds good ! i'll burn it in for a while and see how it compares to the stx.

May 29, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #339 of 447

Quote:
this is fun. i got the bravura this morning then didn't really fiddle with it till this afternoon. changed in the headphone opamp for the front channel, set mode 1 to setting 4 and it sounds good ! i'll burn it in for a while and see how it compares to the stx.

Yes, I would suggest you let any audio component "settle".
Why did you change the front opamp with the can amp, are you driving an external amp using the front line output?

May 30, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #343 of 447
Not sure if anyone else has run into this but mine is apparently taking a dump on me.  I read a few other users on newegg having problems with thier's dieing after a month.  I get loud bass and popping randomly.  It will go on and on sometimes.  Was crazy on my sub.  Tried new drivers, different slots and stock opamps back in.  Also found it does it as soon as I power on my system before it ever hits the OS.  Guess I need to look into something else.  I have heard Auzentech customer service blows so I will keep yall posted on how this works out.  Will give them a chance to fix the issue of course.  Until then what would be a step up over this card?  I am ready for something new!

May 30, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #344 of 447

Quote:
Not sure if anyone else has run into this but mine is apparently taking a dump on me.  I read a few other users on newegg having problems with thier's dieing after a month.  I get loud bass and popping randomly.  It will go on and on sometimes.  Was crazy on my sub.  Tried new drivers, different slots and stock opamps back in.  Also found it does it as soon as I power on my system before it ever hits the OS.  Guess I need to look into something else.  I have heard Auzentech customer service blows so I will keep yall posted on how this works out.  Will give them a chance to fix the issue of course.  Until then what would be a step up over this card?  I am ready for something new!

That is no good,  This issue just popped up?

May 30, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #345 of 447
Yeah, was fine for about a month or so.  Not sure what else to try.  Tried moving the ground jumper just in case that was the problem.  Sometimes I can get a whole day without the issue.  I left my speakers on at night and woke up to a subwoofer going off like crazy.  Had to power off the sub etc.  It creates the noise through ALL outputs.  My speakers, Headphones, and sub were all going crazy.  This makes me want to go back to an external solution.  My ZERO never gave me a single problem.  Been looking at the NuForce Icon HDP which would drive my 2.1 and headphones great I think.  Just sucks its 449$.  I know this card will get shipped to auzentech and they wont have a problem and I will get it back and still have issues.  Like I said.. sometimes it does it... sometimes it doesn't.  Just random as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back