Auzen X-Fi™ Forte 7.1
Mar 23, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #286 of 302
Yes, that is to prevent a groundloop. Which we now know you do not have.
If the amp was picking up noise it would have to be in the signal the amp is not that sensitive to just pick up signals in the air...nowhere close.
Can I ask wat mobo and PSU you are using? It seems some combination do this with many cards. I have a Forte and when I used it, the card was and is dead silent on my system.
Are you overclocking anything?
You're using the latest drivers for the card, the mobo chipset etc..etc?

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #287 of 302
Yes, I'm using the latest drivers. That would have been a great and easy fix
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm using an Enermax Modu82+ 625W PSU, MSI P55 GD65 board and a Nvidia GTX 285. The components are mildly overclocked (I wanted to be able to still use all the power saving mechanisms so I'm actually undervolting the CPU and the board).
The Forte is using a modded HTHD driver (6.0.1.1402, dated November 5th 2009).
Thanks alot for your help!
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #288 of 302
Have you ever tried the stock drivers? DO you have any add in cards besides the audio and GFX?
USB, Firewire etc? I have heard these can sometimes cause issue just being on the bus.

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #289 of 302
No, I don't have any other add-in cards or any devices active that I don't need. I even turned off the second ethernet port on the board.
I'll try the stock drivers. Definitely a valid point
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #291 of 302
I just finished going back to the original 1.1 driver. Clean install with full removal of the old driver and programs.
Sadly the result is just the same as with the modded driver, I still get the interference.
The only thing I found was a wall outlet which shared the fuse with the one that has my notebook psu plugged into it. There I can get rid of the noise, yet only because I get a "great" ground loop hum that muffles all kind of background like a big fuzzy carpet.
The noise is even there when I mute the speakers in the system settings. Should that tell me something how the intereference travels from the PC to my phones?

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #292 of 302
I dont know if you tried this already you try putting it in another slot if you have it in front of your video card. I know I had it once when I had it directly in front of my GTX260 when I had it still.

It went away for me when I moved it away from the front of my video card putting it behind it.

Maybe the cable on the headphones are going bad or a cellphone or something.

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #293 of 302
Can anybody help me out? I'm trying to get CMSS-3D to work with Optical.

If I connect the Forte to the Dac with Optical, Then have my windows set at 5.1 and Forte settings at headphones with CMSS-3d on, I get no sound cause it goes directly to the headphone section.

Unless I check "Play Stereo Mix Through SPDIF" it works, but I am unsure as to if it will sound right (Taking 5.1 and emulating it with CMSS-3d in my headphones through optical to my dac). Please help its really giving me a pain!

Mar 24, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #294 of 302
@genclaymore: Thanks, that's just where it is at right now. The other possible slot would have been just below the graphics card where it would have blocked part of the cooling.
I even chose the motherboard over a different one because it allowed me to put the sound card out of the airflow path.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #295 of 302
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shizdan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anybody help me out? I'm trying to get CMSS-3D to work with Optical.

If I connect the Forte to the Dac with Optical, Then have my windows set at 5.1 and Forte settings at headphones with CMSS-3d on, I get no sound cause it goes directly to the headphone section.

Unless I check "Play Stereo Mix Through SPDIF" it works, but I am unsure as to if it will sound right (Taking 5.1 and emulating it with CMSS-3d in my headphones through optical to my dac). Please help its really giving me a pain!

Sure, it will sound right. The mix is just going through the DAC to your phones instead of the card DAC to the phones. Not much difference...

Apr 1, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #296 of 302
Has anyone tried using the AD797ARZ or AD797BRZ opamp with this card? I just ordered the Forte today and was going to pick up an opamp or two as an upgrade, but most of the comments I've seen about opamp rolling are about the OPA-627 or OPA-637. Auzen has the AD797AR listed on their site but I haven't found anyone who has given it a listen with the Forte yet.

EDIT: I'm also wondering if an OPA-Earth will fit.

Sep 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #298 of 302
I am curious about using the amplified headphone jack to the millet minimax.  In the past I have used the front out because I heard that the amplification from the headphone amp in the forte can mess up the sound when its amped again by an external.

Is this true?  Will the forte built in amp function as a pre-amp?

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #299 of 302
Forte owners: any issues using the SPDIF output, either through coaxial or optical? Had a X-Fi Titanium that would cut own the first 0.5 seconds of sound over optical when connected to a Cambridge DACMagic, due to the card not retaining a constant SPDIF lock. Wondering if it has the same issue.

Mar 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #300 of 302

Quote:
Forte owners: any issues using the SPDIF output, either through coaxial or optical? Had a X-Fi Titanium that would cut own the first 0.5 seconds of sound over optical when connected to a Cambridge DACMagic, due to the card not retaining a constant SPDIF lock. Wondering if it has the same issue.

Yeah, I don't have this issue, but I have one similar:

If you use WASAPI with optical out the dac does some wierd resetting thing. My suggestion is just to enable bit perfect if this really bothers you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back