Tomorrow at 14h at TU Wien.
Kopfhörerboutique was today.
Nice to meet you again!
Tom

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #229 of 308
Have a nice day! :relaxed: :beerchug:

Apr 15, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #230 of 308
Can't make it today, apologies.

Will try to bring some gear down to Andi's shop at some point if anyone is interested in hearing Bakoon, Mass Kobo, Kennerton, etc.

May 7, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #232 of 308
No special report from the past head-fi session in Vienna?

May 7, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #233 of 308
No special report from the past head-fi session in Vienna?
I have to admit that I'm increasingly wary of publishing such reports on forums etc... but I think you saw most of the photos already.
It was a bit smaller than some past meets, yet we had fun and time to talk. Of course there was some Schnaps available. Oh, and most of us were 3 years older than last time...

Aug 5, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #234 of 308
The countdown is on my friends and followers....only a few more weeks until a very special composer will surprise us with his performance👍
(I will show preview photos after my holidays on the lake)

NOMAX

PS.and one thing I can promise already🤫....on the mobile devices (AK/Fiio etc etc) he is unbeatable for the advertised price 😉
And of course, the Pentaconn cable will not be missing 👍

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #235 of 308
So I am now back from my extended holiday at the lake 😎
The countdown will soon come to an end
Personally, I will introduce the Composer to the community.....the model that gives the best performance on any Dap/mobile device.
If Sennheiser doesn't make it, then Austrian Audio (formerly AKG Vienna) will 😉
(I will of course open a separate thread for the composer when the time comes)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Sep 4, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #236 of 308
Would love to see more wacky headphones out of Austria. They take more risks than the Germans (imo). I have no reason to give up on Sennheiser without Axel. There are so many more humans that have similar thoughts/skills/ideas. I don't think many people realize that the purchase was positive. Audiophile equipment came way after audio reproduction and inteligelibility. I believe we have advanced, but the general biology is relatively understood.

Many new fly-by-nights seem to aim towards tuning vs. acoustics & psychoacoustics - Slight plateau until the next advancement and Asian copy/paste towards tuning. They are catching up by faking it until they made it.

As long is Nomax is still excited, I'll stay excited. He has a great touch on the pulse and usually has little riddles that I would also make with extra information. :D

Hope to join this thread more often - I am U.S. born with a Grandfather that came over from Graz. I've been to Innsbruck and surrounding areas, but would love to go further East. That entire area is amazing - wishes of citizenship always pop-up. Way too hot in Phoenix AZ for my pale skin :)

Any new dynamic driver over-ears coming soon? What is the most recent new driver coming out of Europe? HD660S/S2? Neumann?

Sep 5, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #237 of 308
Sennheiser also has young talent and we have to give them a chance too 👍

NOMAX

PS. How can I convince someone of something....only if I am myself
Too many models at inflated prices that come up with student-like constructs, with tonal performances where I think to myself...I'm in the wrong movie
(Only a handful in the last 2 years where you can raise your thumb...everything else🙈)

The Composer will not be cheap either, but I can guarantee one thing in advance
It will the model with the best price-performance ratio in terms of acoustic performance, workmanship and construction 😉
And it's even easier to drive than the Utopia and is at its best on every dap

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #238 of 308
Can you tell us if the Composer is going for a driver larger than the 44 mm ones used in the current Austrian Audio lineup ?
I hope it uses bigger drivers, but then again I do not know how it will surprise us , may be use small dynamic driver but paired with balanced armature drivers ....

Sep 5, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #239 of 308
Can you tell us if the Composer is going for a driver larger than the 44 mm ones used in the current Austrian Audio lineup ?
I hope it uses bigger drivers, but then again I do not know how it will surprise us , may be use small dynamic driver but paired with balanced armature drivers ....
Although they (Then-AKG) used BA drivers in several in-ears, I’d be rather surprised to see some hybrid driver concept in an over-ear…

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #240 of 308
Although they (Then-AKG) used BA drivers in several in-ears, I’d be rather surprised to see some hybrid driver concept in an over-ear…
I wonder what could they have done to make it relatively cheap compared to the Utopia/Spirit Torino (where they used exotic materials) and perform on their levels.
All I can think of is multiple/hybrid drivers something like what Axel Grell is trying to do ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back