Austria Head-Fi Lounge
Sep 5, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #241 of 293
Just let yourself be surprised, in any case you can expect a very airy acoustic performance in which the fun (low end) will not be neglected 👍
(Without it sounding sharp/sibilant in any way 😉)

NOMAX

Ps.lol

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #242 of 293
Just let yourself be surprised, in any case you can expect a very airy acoustic performance in which the fun (low end) will not be neglected 👍
(Without it sounding sharp/sibilant in any way 😉)

NOMAX

Ps.lol
Great, looking forward to this. How long do we have to wait until we will see it? days, weeks, months?
and more important when can we hear it.?

Sep 5, 2023 at 3:55 PM Post #243 of 293
In few weeks 👍
(S.....O.... must also be made ready to start 😎)

It will be a celebration of joy.....that's a promise from me 😉

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #245 of 293
I am pretty sure that the Composer will outperform most (but not all) of the high price segment 😎

(On the Dap/mobile device however all 😉)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Sep 6, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #246 of 293
Can I ask the significance of playing well on mobile devices? Just because that is the current trend?

Pretty neat that you suggest they play well in many conditions. Efficient dynamic driver?

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #247 of 293
Can I ask the significance of playing well on mobile devices? Just because that is the current trend?

Pretty neat that you suggest they play well in many conditions. Efficient dynamic driver?
Might not be of importance to everyone, but I sold all my desktop amps except one (not very powerful) and much prefer to be able to use headphones with the remaining sources like an iPod… and I think that applies to many outside the audiophile inner circle.

Sep 6, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #248 of 293
Might not be of importance to everyone, but I sold all my desktop amps except one (not very powerful) and much prefer to be able to use headphones with the remaining sources like an iPod… and I think that applies to many outside the audiophile inner circle.
I agree with that sentiment. Excursion usually is sacrificed though. I'm thinking big JBL cabinets with large woofers that don't need the excursion - I believe dynamic driver headphones need a balance between all those traits. The Focal direction causes a specific imaging situation ; same as the HD800 . Physics are Physics unfortunately.

My post is not meant to be argumentative, but an exchanging of thoughts.

Are the MySphere headphones a hot selling product or did the RAAL sort of take that spot? Just thinking out loud if there is another product in the pipeline from another company with similar design goals.

Prost

Sep 6, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #249 of 293
I will continue to remain faithful to my DIY headphone amplifier (with Burson V6 Vivid fully discrete audio opamps), otherwise there would still be the modules from Funk (Berlin) as an alternative, you only have to install them in an appropriate housing.

Sep 6, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #250 of 293
I agree with that sentiment. Excursion usually is sacrificed though. I'm thinking big JBL cabinets with large woofers that don't need the excursion - I believe dynamic driver headphones need a balance between all those traits. The Focal direction causes a specific imaging situation ; same as the HD800 . Physics are Physics unfortunately.

My post is not meant to be argumentative, but an exchanging of thoughts.

Are the MySphere headphones a hot selling product or did the RAAL sort of take that spot? Just thinking out loud if there is another product in the pipeline from another company with similar design goals.

Prost
There are lots of variables even when the basic driver technology is chosen as e.g. dynamic. Driver size is an obvious one, magnet configuration, membrane material and shape, damping, pads distance from the ear, position relative to the ear to name just a few…

I think the Mysphere is doing quite well. It’s concept makes some things hard (bass response comes to mind), others easy (positional clues, out of head imaging). I also heard the original Raal and found it… not good. The version that looks more like a normal headphone was much better actually. It’s driver concept needs so much support on the side of the feeding amp though, that I’d never consider it (curve correction, impedance matching — it has an impedance of 1ohm or something…)

Sep 6, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #251 of 293
Although they (Then-AKG) used BA drivers in several in-ears, I’d be rather surprised to see some hybrid driver concept in an over-ear…

https://pro.harman.com/insights/har...light-bernhard-pinter-akg-headphone-engineer/

65555836-79A5-4DE5-9F52-15C43EAF1003.jpeg

NOMAX

PS. Bernie was one of the first...and his patent was bought by a well known listed Us company for a very very large amount of money.
(His K3003 is still considered the best-selling in the high-price segment...with over 100.000 units...and that was over 10 years ago😉)
But in a open back headphone you would cause more problems than advantages.
In the end only one thing is important.....how fast,how strong and how precise the heart beats (transducer)...also at higher volume

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #252 of 293
With headphones, it's also a matter of wearing comfort and feel-good factor, especially if you listen with them for a long time.
And not everyone likes "earplugs".

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #253 of 293
The industrial designer has come up with something very special for the Composer😉
(In terms of wearing comfort/adjustment mechanism)

NOMAX

PS.to all...have a nice weekend 👍

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #254 of 293
One detail - I compared foam filled velour pads (K7xx, DT1990), foam filled leather pads (AH-D7000) , memory foam (Hi-X65), synthetic leather (K812, K872) through prolonged listening.
I find velour pads the most comfortable to wear.
After a long time, the two sets of pads from the K812 now have a hard edge that presses uncomfortably on the skin directly where the pads rest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back