Hallo Costas,
Tomorrow at 14h at TU Wien.
Kopfhörerboutique was today.
Nice to meet you again!
Tom

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:10 AM Post #229 of 293
Have a nice day! :relaxed: :beerchug:

May 7, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #232 of 293
No special report from the past head-fi session in Vienna?

May 7, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #233 of 293
No special report from the past head-fi session in Vienna?
I have to admit that I'm increasingly wary of publishing such reports on forums etc... but I think you saw most of the photos already.
It was a bit smaller than some past meets, yet we had fun and time to talk. Of course there was some Schnaps available. Oh, and most of us were 3 years older than last time...

Aug 5, 2023 at 11:41 AM Post #234 of 293
The countdown is on my friends and followers....only a few more weeks until a very special composer will surprise us with his performance👍
(I will show preview photos after my holidays on the lake)

NOMAX

PS.and one thing I can promise already🤫....on the mobile devices (AK/Fiio etc etc) he is unbeatable for the advertised price 😉
And of course, the Pentaconn cable will not be missing 👍

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #235 of 293
So I am now back from my extended holiday at the lake 😎
The countdown will soon come to an end
Personally, I will introduce the Composer to the community.....the model that gives the best performance on any Dap/mobile device.
If Sennheiser doesn't make it, then Austrian Audio (formerly AKG Vienna) will 😉
(I will of course open a separate thread for the composer when the time comes)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Sep 4, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #236 of 293
Would love to see more wacky headphones out of Austria. They take more risks than the Germans (imo). I have no reason to give up on Sennheiser without Axel. There are so many more humans that have similar thoughts/skills/ideas. I don't think many people realize that the purchase was positive. Audiophile equipment came way after audio reproduction and inteligelibility. I believe we have advanced, but the general biology is relatively understood.

Many new fly-by-nights seem to aim towards tuning vs. acoustics & psychoacoustics - Slight plateau until the next advancement and Asian copy/paste towards tuning. They are catching up by faking it until they made it.

As long is Nomax is still excited, I'll stay excited. He has a great touch on the pulse and usually has little riddles that I would also make with extra information. :D

Hope to join this thread more often - I am U.S. born with a Grandfather that came over from Graz. I've been to Innsbruck and surrounding areas, but would love to go further East. That entire area is amazing - wishes of citizenship always pop-up. Way too hot in Phoenix AZ for my pale skin :)

Any new dynamic driver over-ears coming soon? What is the most recent new driver coming out of Europe? HD660S/S2? Neumann?

Sep 5, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #237 of 293
Sennheiser also has young talent and we have to give them a chance too 👍

NOMAX

PS. How can I convince someone of something....only if I am myself
Too many models at inflated prices that come up with student-like constructs, with tonal performances where I think to myself...I'm in the wrong movie
(Only a handful in the last 2 years where you can raise your thumb...everything else🙈)

The Composer will not be cheap either, but I can guarantee one thing in advance
It will the model with the best price-performance ratio in terms of acoustic performance, workmanship and construction 😉
And it's even easier to drive than the Utopia and is at its best on every dap

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #238 of 293
Can you tell us if the Composer is going for a driver larger than the 44 mm ones used in the current Austrian Audio lineup ?
I hope it uses bigger drivers, but then again I do not know how it will surprise us , may be use small dynamic driver but paired with balanced armature drivers ....

Sep 5, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #239 of 293
Can you tell us if the Composer is going for a driver larger than the 44 mm ones used in the current Austrian Audio lineup ?
I hope it uses bigger drivers, but then again I do not know how it will surprise us , may be use small dynamic driver but paired with balanced armature drivers ....
Although they (Then-AKG) used BA drivers in several in-ears, I’d be rather surprised to see some hybrid driver concept in an over-ear…

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #240 of 293
Although they (Then-AKG) used BA drivers in several in-ears, I’d be rather surprised to see some hybrid driver concept in an over-ear…
I wonder what could they have done to make it relatively cheap compared to the Utopia/Spirit Torino (where they used exotic materials) and perform on their levels.
All I can think of is multiple/hybrid drivers something like what Axel Grell is trying to do ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back