Australian Tour & Impressions - Astrotec AX60 - Hybrid 3-way Universal IEM (2 x BA + Dynamic Driver)
Nov 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #77 of 187
Im not on the tour ( im in the UK! ), But received a loaner pair today. Been listening for a few hours, and so far im very impressed!

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #78 of 187
Hi guys,

We have an update for the guys who have already spent time with the AX60's.

We're checking the AX60's in a couple of days when we get them back, as it appears that the filters included in the package might be the same, and not two different types.

It appears that the filters included with the AX60 tour model is the type that enhances highs (might explain a fair bit of the comments on the highs).  Here's what I copied in the other AX60 thread:

Let's not jump to any conclusions yet guys.  On initial inspection of the images, all 4 filters appear to be the same, but we can only confirm this when we get them back to check.

There should be 2 different types of filters, so not sure what/how its happened until we investigate further.

Here's an image showing the differences in filters. (Disclaimer: These are not our photos, and have been added just to highlight the differences).

Edit: Ok guys, here's the low down from the manufacturer/designer...

The filters have a different internal size diameter (not taking into account the smaller screen with the smaller opening)

The version on the right, with the white screen/smaller opening, has a wider diameter with a focus on lows/mids.
The version on the left, has a slightly narrower diameter with a focus on highs.

We'll know for sure in a couple of days if the tour model has only one type of filter (sorry guys, this should've been checked) and if any of you want to have another listen, we can send it back to you for a few days.

I'll leave you guys to let me know if you do want to have another go.

Once again, apologies for the confusion, etc.

Regards,
Billy

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #79 of 187
  We'll know for sure in a couple of days if the tour model has only one type of filter (sorry guys, this should've been checked) and if any of you want to have another listen, we can send it back to you for a few days.

It's hardly your fault, mate.. You're a busy man, you can't check every minor detail - we understand.

beerchug.gif

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #82 of 187
Some comments from a french member!
I 've tested mostly with my ipod and a clip zip!

I love the packaging ( full of tips and two pairs of filters )
The hardest part was finally finding the right tips and put them in my ears
and find the right position because their design is not very convenient to keep them in the ears
Once I actually loved the soundstage and very 3d presentation
A really good job on this side
Although the sound is not very wide and it is deep enough for voice is rather interesting

The highs are very present ( providing good accuracy ) ! but sometimes they can be metallic , a bit aggressive at times
Mediums are a little behind but again clean enough on that side !
The bass they are very present but not too much! They know how to make discrete depending on the style of music!
By cons they may seem at times a little messy but nothing wrong compared to the price of the product

The cable is quite nice no microphonic noise
They also insolate very well
The only fault I would say the difficulty of placing them in the ears
and its a little too metallic,  a little dry if you know what I mean!
It may lack texture

but again nothing too serious compared to the price
and just play with the eq!!

To summarize Fun and accuracy = Ax60

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #84 of 187
Hi guys

Since I was next after White Lotus, and with this filter issue, I'm assuming at the moment the AX60 is back with Billy for checking before sending to me?

Nov 18, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #86 of 187
Hey guys,

Just letting you all know, that we received the tour AX60 back today, thanks Jensy! 

And we can confirm that all the filters in the tour package are the same! Not sure how, but they are. :frowning2:

Anyway, we've added two filters that highlight the lows/mids with the package and its on its way to djvkool!  Please note guys, these are Blue in colour as they're from a Blue version of the AX60 (they're from my personal pair!).

If anyone who has spent time with the AX60 and wants to have another listen, we should give you another go.

Please pm me if you're interested and we'll arrange it.

Cheers,
Billy

Nov 18, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #87 of 187
Thanks for the heads up Billy.

If they other filters focus on low/mid then I'm not sure I need another listen, the low end was perfect for me as was.

I'll see how we progress through the tour and maybe at the end consider. 

Cheers,

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #89 of 187
Do it.. Trust me on this. The other filters were quite an experience. A bit more of a difference than I thought. 

Did they enhance the low end any further? Because the treble for me was spot on, really nice, but any more low end wouldn't of helped to my ears.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #90 of 187
I found them to "darken" the sound a little, and take some of the edge off the 8-10K mark. 

I found the bass to be pretty similar to standard, but feels a bit more forward with the lightly recessed top-end.

Mind you, I only tried them quickly in-store, and didn't get to A/B them with the original filters. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back